ryan

Module: ProcessWire Core Upgrade

Indeed Vincent, I contacted OVH about it and it turned out that 'stable' instead of 'legacy' solved the problem. I hardly use the .ovhconfig anymore since OVH opened up more settings in the client interface.

I upgraded PW to the latest dev using the upgrade module from Ryan (I normally upgrade by hand) and got the message that Upgrade files are already present. Please remove them before continuing. Clicking on Remove button didn't help, had to manually delete /site/assets/cache/ProcessWireUpgrade folder. I'm on windows, I think this is important. Anyone else?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, matjazp said:

I upgraded PW to the latest dev using the upgrade module from Ryan (I normally upgrade by hand) and got the message that Upgrade files are already present. Please remove them before continuing. Clicking on Remove button didn't help, had to manually delete /site/assets/cache/ProcessWireUpgrade folder. I'm on windows, I think this is important. Anyone else?

I encountered the same issue after upgrading to 3.0.118.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2018 at 9:43 PM, matjazp said:

Had the same issue, deleting the cache worked out for me.

• Like 1

Same problem here! 

Removing the content of the /site/assets/cache/ProcessWireUpgrade folder wasn't enough. Needed to remove this folder completely.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gadgetto said:

Same problem here! 

Removing the content of the /site/assets/cache/ProcessWireUpgrade folder wasn't enough. Needed to remove this folder completely.

Forgot to say, problem happens on version 3.0.118. After removing this folder and running upgrade to 3.0.119 I couldn’t reproduce the issue.

• Like 1

The problem is in WireFileTools.php in rmdir() method in foreach loop. The $path coming into rmdir() contains ending slash, and $pathame (actual directory name) eventually contains two slashes , that makes allowPath() method to throw an WireException. The possible solution is simple: $path = rtrim($path, "/");

1 hour ago, gingebaker said:

There is also an open issue for this problem on github with some possible fixes. 

https://github.com/processwire/processwire-issues/issues/704

I know, I opened it 🙂 Ryan tried to fix this issue, but introduced another one. Try:

$files->mkdir($config->paths->cache . "test/test/", true);
$files->rmdir($config->paths->cache . "test/", true, array('throw' => true));

By default throw is false, I set it to true just for you/others to see the results. The point is: rmdir() fails to remove a directory that contains subdirectories due to a bug. 

Edit: 🙂 

Edited by matjazp

Hey,

I keep getting errors when I try to visit the upgrades admin page.
I thought it was a memory limit problem and increased the memory, but I still get the errors.

/processwire/setup/upgrades/	
Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 4096 bytes) (Zeile 1266 in /var/www/htdocs/wire/core/WireHttp.php)

Any hints? Never had problems with the upgrade module.

Any hints? Never had problems with the upgrade module.

It can possibly be related to some faulty configuration in the .htaccess file.

On 8/23/2019 at 5:29 PM, eydun said:

It can possibly be related to some faulty configuration in the .htaccess file.

Thanks. I'll give it a try