owzim

Regular ProcessWire meetup in Berlin

Hi Berlin people,

is there some general interest? Let me know!

I see there are 3 Members who reveal their location as Berlin, but there have to be more, c'mon! =)

• Like 3

I'm in. Already said this on twitter but I think it's better to say it here again to create a better overview :)

I would even consider a flight - at least once  ^-^

• Like 2

In Canada, so too far for me :'( but I'll be there in spirit ^_^

• Like 1

I prefer Martijn's suggestion, Frankfurt would be even better for me  :)

The trains are too expensive in Germany and I'm always scared with car sharing.

I think owzim is more likely planning something regular. So that ... I don't know maybe a PW table every month or something like this. I think berlin is a great place to start something like this. Maybe one day - after the first round tables were successful - we could extend this (or ship it for one time) to Cologne or Frankfurt. 

Maybe next time. Unfortunately yesterday I cut a muscle on top of my knee. Walking is not good now.

But if you go, I mentioned an idea I had for PW: to make a location map displaying members on this forum.

Should be convenient to plan these meetings in future. Just look on the map and see where more people are located. Or take some place in the middle.

• Like 2

oUCH >_< sorry to hear that bwakad. But love the idea of PWers being pins on a Google Map; would be like getting to know a good neighbourhood :)

• Like 3

I think owzim is more likely planning something regular.

Yeah and it says it in the title too ;D

So for now we are three, perhaps four. I don't think that's enough for a regular meetup for now. Perhaps we could talk a bout a format beforehand?

What kind of format?

Well I mean the kin of setup. Is it a causal get-together? Will there be talks or short stories about who's working on what currently? ... something like that.

Well i think it depends on the location. Like do we have a room? Or in a pub? Or ... I don't know stuff like this :)

I know a nice café/bookstore in Moabit ;)

I am not following. Some inside info I am not aware of?

I think a pub and a casual context makes a good start. but I am not sure if it all even makes sense if we're just three people ???

The location should be somewhat central, like F-Hain, P-Berg, Mitte, X-Berg or even Neukölln

Ah, but Diogo you are not from Berlin are you?

No, I'm from Portugal but am frequently in Frankfurt. Sorry for hijacking the Berlin thread :P

• Like 2

I'm new to processwire, but have some decent experience in Scala, python and others. I was the typical guy making fun of php. Processwire changed that, the api design is very elegant and convinced me. I can host the event in Berlin, so we have big monitors for everyone, projectors, etc. Ping me if you are interested. We can make it a mini conference, with speakers etc. 

• Like 7

@usillos You included we are 4 people that I know of using PW and living in Berlin. The other guys are @marcus and @Nico Knoll. And we're all have to find a date where we're all available. Not enough devs from Berlin as of now, I think :)

I don't care if there's only 4 of us. We can still have a meetup. I offer my company offices to host it. If we make noise at the PHP meetup, we may get more people. Diogo is working with me on a project, we can have him remote. And actually registering a meetup.com could bring more people. Any takers? Dates? Before Xmas :)

• Like 1