Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Joss last won the day on February 1 2017

Joss had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

2,899 Excellent

1 Follower

About Joss

  • Rank
    Mr Pirate

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Not Telling
  • Location
  • Interests
    Music, Writing, Web Technologies, Copy Writing, Cooking, Allotment, Surviving, Politics, more cooking, writing books

Recent Profile Visitors

21,806 profile views
  1. Just chucking this in here incase anyone else has this problem. Upgraded to the latest dev and it failed (I never get that!!!!!) I got the warning: Warning: require_once(/sites/domain name/wire/core/ProcessWire.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /sites\domain name\index.php on line 32Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/sites/domain name/wire/core/ProcessWire.php' (include_path='\php\PEAR') in \sites\domain name\index.php on line 32 Turned out it hadn't renamed wire-3xx to wire This was locally using XAMMP. So, if you see this, check: Has it renamed the wire directory, And if everything extracted okay. (I have seen that on another post once, I think). Okay, back to what you were doing!
  2. Beat you to it, @kongondo !!! I do know this stuff (somewhere in my head), but it is so long since I have done any of it that I am struggling to dredge it out!
  3. Got it!! It just took waking my brain up and using the clue from @dragan But, of course, this is inside a function - we have to use wire, don't we!!! $hanna = wire("modules")->get('TextformatterHannaCode'); $buttons = $hanna->render("[[subscribebuttons]]");
  4. Hi @elebx Yeah, I'm okay with the first line, erm, I think. It was how to then get the actual specific code [[subscribebuttons]] and render it within the function, outputting it as part of my $out chain, if you know what I mean.
  5. I am sure I knew how to do this once, or I was dreaming, which is equally as likely. How can I output hanna code INSIDE a function? So, I have this: $hanna = $modules->get('TextformatterHannaCode'); $hanna->render("[[subscribebuttons]]"); Which I would normally use stand-alone. But I want to shove it into something like this in my functions page: function SomeFunction(){ $out ="<div>"; // hanna in here $out .="</div>"; echo $out; } Any clues how to do it without melting the site? Thanks, dear people!
  6. Just found this (or perhaps just remembered it) Perfect for what I needed.
  7. Okay - that was scary Just did an update to .84 dev. Checked the front page - 404! Checked admin - 404! Oh, Bollocks!!! Run into panic, open CPanel, ready to follow the repair instructions. Number One - Rename wire directory to something or delete it. Fine. Scan folder list ..... Still looking... Still looking... Okay, where the HELL is the wire directory? And who has stolen my index.php?????!!!!! Quickly downloaded the latest dev and uploaded missing resources. Working - phew! I have no idea what happened, but when I updated to the lastest dev, it didn't have a wire directory or index.php. ummmmm.....
  8. @Mike Rockett - Apparently, that error will also show on 5.5, which is what the server is running, the company have told me. I will probably migrate at some point.
  9. This is on a shared server and according to phpmyadmin, it is 5.1.73
  10. HI I have installed this on one site with no issues, but running into a problems on another: Module reported error during install (ProcessJumplinks): SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1293 Incorrect table definition; there can be only one TIMESTAMP column with CURRENT_TIMESTAMP in DEFAULT or ON UPDATE clause Failed to init module: ProcessJumplinks - SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'db-name.process_jumplinks' doesn't exist I uninstalled and reinstalled and no joy. I am on PW 3.0.64 I had redirects installed previously, but uninstalled first. Any thoughts?
  11. Joss

    Mad Archive Deleting

    Eventually got it sorted - eek! Aside from finishing deleting, I have now stopped the media side constantly indexing and cleared out thousands of files associated with creating thumbnails for the cloud side which I don't use. (Note, I have had this drive for ages so it is already long past warranty). Everything much faster now. Really this is a lesson in complexity. If you try to be connected to everything all the time as we are pushing to be in our world, eventually it gets so complex that is collapses around you. Chalk and slate had something going for it
  12. Joss

    Mad Archive Deleting

    I will go peek. I also found a post about SSH-ing into it and removing things like hidden files and so on https://community.wd.com/t/hidden-wdmc-directories-created-by-mcserver-and-photodbmerger-and-the-deletion-of-them/91860/8 Though I will research that a bit more first. BIt of a valuable storage this!
  13. Joss

    Mad Archive Deleting

    Not sure how to do that. I wasn't aware it even created thumbnails. I just access it through the network
  • Create New...