Lister

ryan

Thanks Ryan. You give me way too much credit. Happy that I could contribute to selector inputfield. And always grateful that company I work at has great trust and support for processwire.

Lister is really a game changer for ProcessWire, thanks for building it Ryan!

• Like 13

really amazing! this is going to make updating large product catalog pricing, and other details something that the client can do with a little training.. sure beats any custom admin page listing i have done so far!

not sure if this is possible, but one feature that I use in my custom page lists is icons for certain statuses; for example, if there is text in the body field i might show a fontawesome text icon; or if the page has images, a picture icon; this lets the admins see at a glance what pages might be missing images (helpful when setting up a site, and loading products for example); this could be done with llister as is, by using a filter, but i also wonder if there was a way to have a status column, like "if condition a, "insert html here"; if ($body) echo "<i class="fa fa-file-text-o"></i>"...

• Like 1

This looks amazing - great work and perfect for something I'm doing right now (you always were good with timing on these modules ryan :)).

Having finally watched the video and the bit where it processes 222 pages in 23 seconds, does that mean the test with 30k pages took about 50 minutes? Granted you wouldn't be doing that very often, but what happens if you navigate away from the page part-way through a big change?

• 2 weeks later...

This looks great! I'm just missing a way to apply actions to selected items in a list. Eg. using checkboxes to the left of each item (think Gmail). Some selections, based on eg. quality, can't be handled through automatic filters.

• Like 1

Thanks! Yeah, it's fine if it's something you'll only do once - like data cleanup in your database. But I'm thinking that Lister is close to becoming a great moderation tool as well. As a developer, you could just set up a Lister-page called "Incoming stories" and have your reviewers use that listing to review any user-submitted posts. But they would need a quicker way to manage the post, than applying extra filters.

Typical use case:

Lister shows 10 new, unmoderated story posts.

• 2 of them needs to get deleted right away because of spam.
  • 3 of them are missing proper categorization and needs to get the tag "tech" added.
  • 1 is of too poor quality and can also get deleted.
  • 4 of them are ready to get published on the site.

Being able to quickly apply an action to eg. 3 of 10 items would be a huge productivity boost in this case.

• Like 1

Maybe it could be a button like "remove from results" that would actually populate the selector with id!=123

Sure, that could work but I don't think people see it as an additional filter. It feels a bit too specific. I made a quick mockup of my initial suggestion. I'm thinking that the boxes shows up when you hit the "actions" tab - since that's the only place where they'd be needed.

runactinos.png

• Like 1