MarkupProcesswirePhotoswipe

blynx

• 2 months later...

To echo what @cstevensjr @dragan are experiencing, I get the same issue when trying to install the module via classname. I opened a github issue about it.

However, I was able to install successfully by using the zip file link and providing the github repo master.zip url 

https://github.com/blynx/MarkupProcesswirePhotoswipe/archive/master.zip

Hope this works for you guys too. Thanks @blynx!

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/14/2018 at 11:15 PM, darrenc said:

To echo what @cstevensjr @dragan are experiencing, I get the same issue when trying to install the module via classname. I opened a github issue about it.

However, I was able to install successfully by using the zip file link and providing the github repo master.zip url 

https://github.com/blynx/MarkupProcesswirePhotoswipe/archive/master.zip

Hope this works for you guys too. Thanks @blynx!

I just saw this.  I was able to install on a new website using the instructions detailed by @darrenc.  Thanks

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey, first post here :)

Getting a 500 Internal Server Error when installing (via URL from Github master) .. PW error log gives me a

Fatal Error: Class 'ProcessWire\MarkupPwpswpGallery' not found (line 19 of [...]processwire/site/modules/MarkupPwpswpGallery/MarkupPwpswpGalleryPetersburger.module)

When I remove the template .module files from site/modules/MarkupPwpswpGallery the main module loads up just fine, and also renders the gallery. Have to set the template to basic though as Petersburger is the default ..

Any ideas what could cause this?

Great module, great CMS, great community btw :) Thanks in advance!!

• 1 month later...
On 5/9/2018 at 7:42 PM, Anton said:

Hi ! Thanks for the module. I tried to install it in a local MAMP setup. But it does not load everything...

Any idea ?

Capture d’écran 2018-05-09 à 16.08.22.png

Something similar happened to me also, my error codes as below

Loading failed for the <script> with source “http://localhost/site/modules/MarkupPwpswpGallery/photoswipe/photoswipe.min.js”. gallery:299

Loading failed for the <script> with source “http://localhost/site/modules/MarkupPwpswpGallery/photoswipe/photoswipe-ui-default.min.js”. gallery:300

Loading failed for the <script> with source “http://localhost/site/modules/MarkupPwpswpGallery/pwpswp.js”.

so the issue is with wrong url pointing to the file,  as you can see, in the UR, the projectfolder name is missing ; my foldername is ' mcp '  but its not in the provided URL. The url is generated from a file modules/MarkupPwpswpGallery/MarkupProcesswirePhotoswipe.module   The line number is 87, code is as below

$this->moduleUrl = '/'.str_replace([$config->paths->root, $this->className.'.module'], ['', ''], $reflector->getFileName());

I dont know  how to change  the code to pickup correct URL with project folder name. I guess, the existing code will work, if there are no subdirectories, but for me,  I have projectfolder as subdirectory.

I will try to put a fix later, now this is all I can share

22 minutes ago, JeevanisM said:

Something similar happened to me also, my error codes as below

Loading failed for the <script> with source “http://localhost/site/modules/MarkupPwpswpGallery/photoswipe/photoswipe.min.js”. gallery:299

Loading failed for the <script> with source “http://localhost/site/modules/MarkupPwpswpGallery/photoswipe/photoswipe-ui-default.min.js”. gallery:300

Loading failed for the <script> with source “http://localhost/site/modules/MarkupPwpswpGallery/pwpswp.js”.

so the issue is with wrong url pointing to the file,  as you can see, in the UR, the projectfolder name is missing ; my foldername is ' mcp '  but its not in the provided URL. The url is generated from a file modules/MarkupPwpswpGallery/MarkupProcesswirePhotoswipe.module   The line number is 87, code is as below

$this->moduleUrl = '/'.str_replace([$config->paths->root, $this->className.'.module'], ['', ''], $reflector->getFileName());

I dont know  how to change  the code to pickup correct URL with project folder name. I guess, the existing code will work, if there are no subdirectories, but for me,  I have projectfolder as subdirectory.

I will try to put a fix later, now this is all I can share

btw, I made really quick dirty ugly fix as below ?  but the result is not as expected.

//$this->moduleUrl = '/'.str_replace([$config->paths->root, $this->className.'.module'], ['', ''], $reflector->getFileName());
            $this->moduleUrl =  $config->urls('MarkupProcesswirePhotoswipe');  

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

You can bypass that by just commenting the PHP required line in every .modules file. Like that

'requires' => [
    'ProcessWire>=3.0.0',
    //'PHP>=5.6',
],

It may not be the best way but it works.

I really do like the plugin, but I could not figure out how the resizing in "Petersburger Hängung" works. Either it is buggy, or I am dumb.

If I upload images to my site and have the preview images in the plugin set to

size=500x500
upscaling=false
cropping=false

I get neat little images of different widths (like my originals are).
But the moment I use cropping, or setting a focus point on one of the images the plugin shows this image in a brutal fixed size of 500x500. (funny thing is: resizing does not change the image aspect ratio and works as expected)

Does anybody know how I can use at least the cropping of ProcessWire without destroying the gallery layout?

Anmerkung 2020-04-14 071609.png

• 10 months later...

I can confirm @torf's comments above, this module doesn't work in it's current state. Some images are lager than others, it won't display in a nice grid no matter what options I try. Wish I would have looked here before I wasted a couple hours trying to figure out what I was doing wrong, lol. Sure would be a nice addition to my PW toolkit if it worked.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Blynx, thanks for the great plugin!

Is it possible to exclude an image from the generated gallery, but still include it in the lightbox?

I have set echo $pwpswp->renderGallery($page->images->slice(1)), in order to prevent the first image in the $page->images field from being repeated in the gallery (it's shown individually at the top of the page).

I have tried using an 'items' array in $galleryOptions (as can be seen halfway down this PhotoSwipe documentation page), but nothing changes (I was able to change the indexIndicatorSep var, so it's not my code, methinks). Do you know of any way to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...

Is the module not developed further? I have the same error which was reported back in 2017:
Module is not installable because not all required dependencies are currently met.
PHP 7.4.14 >= 5.6MarkupPwpswpGallery

PHP 5.6 is hardly supported anymore for many providers. It makes no sense (!?) to use tricks to start the installation. A question to the developer, what is the future of MarkupProcesswirePhotoswipe? Will the PHP problem be fixed upon backend installation?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/8/2021 at 12:27 PM, kaz said:

Is the module not developed further?

PHP 5.6 is hardly supported anymore for many providers. It makes no sense (!?) to use tricks to start the installation. A question to the developer, what is the future of MarkupProcesswirePhotoswipe? Will the PHP problem be fixed upon backend installation?

Same question here. Was so happy to find a plugin for photoswipe. Even with "Petersburger Hängung" just great!
But since there are no answers to the PHP7.4 problem, I won't waste time to find out ?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/8/2021 at 11:27 AM, kaz said:

Module is not installable because not all required dependencies are currently met.
PHP 7.4.14 >= 5.6MarkupPwpswpGallery

From what I can tell, this is just a problem with the PW module download/install code ( @ryan?), owing to a comment in the array. If you download separately then unzip and install it is OK. However, the lack of ongoing maintenance/support does seem to be an issue.