• Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


horst last won the day on May 3

horst had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

4,264 Excellent

About horst

  • Rank
    observer of the big picture
  • Birthday 11/05/1955

Contact Methods

  • Website URL

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    Aachen, Germany
  • Interests
    Photography; PHP, HTML, CSS (SASS,LESS), JS;

Recent Profile Visitors

30,172 profile views
  1. horst

    Not tested and not 100% sure, but you can remove one function: $files = glob("../dir/*.*"); $files = array_combine($files, array_map("filemtime", $files)); $latest_file = array_pop($files);
  2. horst

    You don't need the URL, you also can use the filename, as the images are all in your webspace filesystem. $imagedir = $config->paths->templates . "images/"; To grab the latest imagefile, you have to read and compare file timestamps, like last modified. Check PHP functions for that and directory iteration: https://secure.php.net/manual/en/function.filemtime.php https://secure.php.net/manual/en/function.dir.php
  3. single or multiple filefield? try $file->first()->url
  4. horst

    Very cool project and fun to read.
  5. horst

    Hi Robin, the only thing I remember was this: But this was fixed sometime after that thread. Today using the SessionHandlerDB is without this issues.
  6. I would install the 1.0.9 module in PW 2.5 and then upgrade PW to latest 3.x after that upgrade the module. Just my 2 cents.
  7. horst

    Maybe you try to configure your webbrowser(-profile), that you use for webdeveloping, to completely disable caching?
  8. Hi @saverio.eyra, if I understand you correct, you want to use the existing website layout and content, but converted into PW CMS? If yes, means, there are not such things requested like redesign, I'm interested in this small project. You can PM me here in the forums or contact me via email <info (AT) nogajski (DOT) de> Horst
  9. horst

    @teppo, This module is ready to use with the current stable and dev versions of PW (3.0.99+). I know that many users (and me too) actively uses it in many sites. It is also simple to use in conjunction with MarkupSourceSet. So, I think I will not add new features to it, but I will maintain the compatibility of it with future PW versions! Some time ago, it becomes compatible with new UIKit-AdminTheme. Here is a screen:
  10. horst

    Hi @daniels, many thanks for that great module! As a little helper, I added a checkbox to the modules config page that can test the current settings. If you don't mind, I sent you a pull request.
  11. horst

    I ever use absolute urls, because then I can match them from within different located css files. Normally I store all fonts under /site/templates/styles/fonts/.
  12. something like this should work: <?php class Submissions { protected $site = null; // <= add a handle for the site public function __construct($site) { $this->site = $site; // <= assign the site to the class handle } function insert($data) { $this->site->pages->find(....); // <= use the site through the class handle } } <?php require('/home/centralsite/public_html/wire/core/ProcessWire.php'); $site = new \ProcessWire\ProcessWire('/home/centralsite/public_html/site/', 'http://example.com'); include "submissions.class.php"; $submissions = new Submissions($site); // <= here you pass your pw instance ($site) into your class
  13. If I followed correct, you have a well running local site? You plain copied it to the online space? (Without running an installer before?) Maybe you can try to export your local site with the SiteProfileExporter Module, and then do a fresh installation online. But be aware, that all created roles & users & accessrights get not exported with the SiteProfileExporter Module. This you have to implement manually after installation. The advantage is that you don't have to deal with all the different caches and also get notifications during the installation routine if something with the online space is missing.
  14. horst

    Here is some code I used which is working fine: https://github.com/horst-n/LocalAudioFiles/blob/master/site-default/templates/local-audio-files_stream.php#L34-L45 https://github.com/horst-n/LocalAudioFiles/blob/master/site-default/templates/local-audio-files_stream.php#L264
  15. horst

    If you are searching for programatically save your own programatical defined sort order, you may find useful code snippets here: Interesting for you are the function(calls) of databaseUpdateSortInPages Also reading the few discussion posts may be of interest.