Hosting recommendations

benbyf

Hi, Sure this gets asked alot but I was wondering if people have any recommended services that they run PW on. Please provide your recommendations for:

Shared

VPS

Self hosted servers

PaaS / SaaS

I used to recommended Lcn.com but they no longer have a VPS which satisfies the PW minimum requirements :( so I cant use all the new goodness in the latest releases.

We use DigitalOcean with a ServerPilot managed layer so you can easily add additional users and apps. Works great and we never had any outage or unexpected downtime and support from ServerPilot is really good.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
I am running 4 sites with someHost. They provide excellent support, amazing performance and reliability. Plus, they also provide multiple locations, which let's me distribute the sites closer to the target traffic for better latency.

Edited by LostKobrakai
removed host url

There is no room for Spam in this forum

https://processwire.com/talk/topic/10421-hosting-recommendations/#entry100267
https://processwire.com/talk/topic/10538-good-shared-hosting/#entry99787

2 posts only with no content anything related to Processwire

2 posts only (purposely) in hosting recommendations threads
Processwire View profile has been disabled
Same text Juliahans under alias Violet alias Adella alias Alienyoung

• Like 1

We use DigitalOcean with a ServerPilot managed layer so you can easily add additional users and apps. Works great and we never had any outage or unexpected downtime and support from ServerPilot is really good.

Might look into using that solution soon - failing that, I might start getting more serious about sysadmin and install my own distru on a VPS :/

let you know either way

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I run 1 site on bluehost for a pretty simple blog and it runs great, and another on vpsdime (super cheap high ram vps). Vpsdime is a bit slow though, might just be my settings but I really feel like I am getting what I pay for even though I have 12gb of ram to play with. Up shot is I can cache about as lazily as I want as I never run out of ram :)

Might look into using that solution soon - failing that, I might start getting more serious about sysadmin and install my own distru on a VPS :/

let you know either way

I found the easiest way to get going was to use cpanel/whm for server administration, really takes the stress down a notch when you think about all of the ins and outs of linux server administration. Then look in to some tutorials on mysql settings tweaks and php settings:) I am just about to start learning how to go about deploying an nginx pw install with centos on a vps.

Weighing in a bit late.

We're running things on DigitalOcean as well, with Ajenti and Ajenti-V as VPS manager. We run Processwire on Nginx. :)

I had to look up ajenti but that sure look sweet, how was the setup in comparison to cpanel? Also if you the one who set up processwire to run with nginx what sort of settings are you running on it. I know it's outside of the scope of the op, but your setup sounds pretty slick. Are you using varnish with nginx?

Yeah I wouldn't recommend it for large organizations necessarily but $5 bucks a person for 40gb isn't bad for smaller applications. There is also a 1tb option for accounts with less that 10 users. Out of curiosity what are you using for your email system?

been using DigitalOcean with a ServerPilot for two months now and been working well, only down side is its not easy to host email, but trying to do less and less of that anyways

I set up email on a new droplet today.

There's a little button for automagically setting up MX records for Gmail. Literally. One click.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Most of you seem to be in Europe, but for those in North America I highly recommend Knownhost (Dallas) for managed VPS or managed dedicated. Our organization's been with them for close to 15 months now and the specs are good, the pricing's competitive, and the support is phenominal (fast, competent, and never at additional cost).

Most of you seem to be in Europe, but for those in North America I highly recommend Knownhost (Dallas) for managed VPS or managed dedicated. Our organization's been with them for close to 15 months now and the specs are good, the pricing's competitive, and the support is phenominal (fast, competent, and never at additional cost).

Certified hosting is a very good company who offers managed vps up to dedicated.

Don't laugh, but godaddy has managed and unmanaged vps plans that are actually good performers at reasonable prices. One bonus is a free ssl cert.

For my personal projects I use these guys. I honestly wasn't expecting anything much from them as these "Unlimited Webhosts" never live up to their means. However I actually prefer these guys over the more premium hosting we use at work. The support is absolutely amazing an usually respond in 15 minutes.

I've used DigitalOcean before, but I much prefer the ease of use of managed hosting.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...