Gamification At Work Or How To Become Reiska #2

Ivan Gretsky

All the cool kids got the post-2275-0-25291100-1406200122.jpg new badges. Personally I feel kinda motivated to progress through the ladder of those member titles and groups. At least, sometimes I look at those little info blocks under the avatar pictures and compare the contribution made by the post author to the good of all PW community to my own negligible achievements. This gamification is there in place for a reason ))

So please could someone open the rules of the game! What should you do to become "Distinguished" and so on. What groups are there? And is there anything beyound the 33 degree? :ph34r:

The following titles can be reached by simply posting on the forums:

• Starter: 0
  • Newbie: 2
  • Jr. Member: 10
  • Full Member: 50
  • Sr. Member: 100
  • Hero Member: 500

These are just the defaults I think and could be renamed to something more fun perhaps?

• Like 1

Starter - New Satchel

Newbie - Pencil Sharpened

Jr Member - Prep School

Full Member - Terrible 4th

sr Member - 6th Form

Hero Members - Graduate

Moderators - Prefects

Admin - School Bully

Edit: Sorry, this is very UK - possibly needs to be a bit more international for Terrible 4th (a St Trinians Reference) and 6th Form, which is the top years of UK secondary schools.

• Like 7

Well the default ones above your image are normally like Pete wrote, but you can change them in your Profile settings (like I did :) ). The group is below your image shows your permissions.

Members is the default one, Moderators and PW-Moderators are .... moderators and Administrators are ... Administrators. I think that's all.

Does that mean, if I post a lot of silly questions, I'll be promoted? Well, that's easy ...  ;)

Only in this thread Joss went already from 1853 to 1855 :)

Members is the default one, Moderators and PW-Moderators are .... moderators and Administrators are ... Administrators. I think that's all.

Distinguished has to do with  the access to the payed modules forum.

• Like 2

Actially I figured most of it out before starting this topic. So it is my +2 for now to become Senior :). The thing I could not get is Destinguished (@diogo: I got profields, but it's not enough).

But most of all I am intrigued by the newly formed pw-moderators group (which got more modest blue font since the middle of this conversation). It seems that community gets more organized. There are some improvements on the PW site (the news on the frontpage, the tutorials) also. So It will be really interesting to find out about it.

A couple of times I reported spam on the forum. Maybe now you should just PM mr. Joss the Graduate?

But most of all I am intrigued by the newly formed pw-moderators group (which got more modest blue font since the middle of this conversation).

There was the need for more moderators because of a wave of spam that happened last week, but someone got too carried away with the bells and whistles ;)

A couple of times I reported spam on the forum. 

That's the way to go :)

• Like 1

There was the need for more moderators because of a wave of spam that happened last week, but someone got too carried away with the bells and whistles ;)

Yes, it can be like ten people round a table all trying to swat the same fly ..... fun though :)

• Like 2