ryan

Module: Video embed for YouTube/Vimeo (TextformatterVideoEmbed)

I had several clients request a version of this module that honors the aspect ratio of a video when using the responsive embed method. For now, the module is using a hard-coded 16/9 ratio.

I decided to give it a go myself and forked Ryan's repo. I added functionality to calculate a video's aspect ratio from the oEmbed return values for width and height and made a change to the module's custom db schema to save the aspect ratio. In the (improbable) case the aspect ratio can't be determined, I added a fallback aspect ratio to the module's config. After looking around for a bit, this post about db schema updates for modules with custom databases provided excellent examples on how to handle the schema updates for existing installations. 

The changes have been tested on several live sites (3.0) and the update went without hiccups.

If anyone's interested, here's the commit: https://github.com/[...]/commit/76e9a5e7bba79aef8fae35aaa7a1b7b79e970f90

I'd love to get some feedback on this! Especially from people running this on the 2.7 or 2.8 branch.

If all works well, it'd be great to integrate this into @ryan's official repo at some point.

• Like 6

Great module @ryan :) 

Our client wants support for another video site too, though. So I'm just trying to properly create/extend a module/use hooks for the first time, so as to add an extra embed function.

Supposing I wanted to create support for an additional platform, where would I hook this into (I don't see any hookable functions other than install and uninstall in it)? Is this module extendable?

It's such a small simple module that I think your best bet is just to edit it directly, and perhaps rename it (to avoid it potentially getting overwritten in the future). Remember to rename both the filename i.e. TextformatterMyVideoEmbed.module, and the class name to match. Then do a Modules > Refresh, and install it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ryan said:

It's such a small simple module that I think your best bet is just to edit it directly, and perhaps rename it (to avoid it potentially getting overwritten in the future). Remember to rename both the filename i.e. TextformatterMyVideoEmbed.module, and the class name to match. Then do a Modules > Refresh, and install it. 

Okidoki, will do that instead :) Thank you.

• Like 1

This module sort of solves the video embed problem - thank you! - but...

1. It doesn't work in combination with HTML Entity Encoder?
2. You lose all YouTube embed customization options.

Normally I add the following to the iframe embed url:

... ?rel=0&showinfo=0&autohide=1&wmode=transparent&modestbranding=1&color=white

That removes unnecessary stuff and makes the video look less youtubey. Is there no way to do that in Processwire?

Is there really no way to force PW or the text editor to just leave iframe code alone? At least from a few trusted sources.

I have tried adding my customization to the module at return $embedCode. ..., but that doesn't work of course. It comes out like this:

Spoiler

<p><div class='TextformatterVideoEmbed' style='position:relative;padding:30px 0 56.25% 0;height:0;overflow:hidden;'><iframe style='position:absolute;top:0;left:0;width:100%;height:100%;' width="480" height="270" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Wl4XiYadV_k?feature=oembed" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>?rel=0&showinfo=0&autohide=1&wmode=transparent&modestbranding=1&color=white</div></p>

4 minutes ago, modifiedcontent said:

...Is there really no way to force PW or the text editor to just leave iframe code alone? At least from a few trusted sources.

I am not sure whether this is relevant in your case and it is from a while back but just thought to post to see if it helps:

• Like 2

I haven't tried it, but check out this module that allows you to customize the embedded video's settings: 

And regarding this: " It doesn't work in combination with HTML Entity Encoder" - try changing the order of the text formatters.

• Like 1

I would like to combine the module with lazysizes. Is there a way to replace "src" with "data-src" ?

@gar1606just make sure to do a modules refresh and look under new modules

15 hours ago, PWaddict said:

I would like to combine the module with lazysizes. Is there a way to replace "src" with "data-src" ?

I found a way how to apply lazysizes. Sharing it here in case anyone wants to do the same thing. With the below javascript code you are replacing iframe's "src" with "data-src" and of course adding the lazyload class and you are 100% ready :)

var iframeEl = document.getElementsByTagName('iframe');
for (var i=0; i<iframeEl.length; i++) {
    if(iframeEl[i].getAttribute('src')) {
       iframeEl[i].setAttribute('data-src',iframeEl[i].getAttribute('src'));
       iframeEl[i].removeAttribute('src');
    }
}

$('iframe').addClass('lazyload');

I don't think this is a good solution. By the time your Js runs the iframe may start to load so making it useless.

I think it would be better to edit the module itself, and maybe rename the module to avoid overwrite it later when updating. Or even better, submit a PR with a new setting for lazy load :)

• Like 2

@PWaddict

I also think you shouldn't use javascript, instead do the formatting on the server. I feel I wouldn't trust the JS solution because it might not work as expected under certain circumstances.

I put together a regular expression which might help you build another Textformatter which replaces "src" with "data-src" if thats the only thing to do:

Have a look at the demo here: http://www.phpliveregex.com/p/jkp (On the right, click on preg_replace to see the replacement.)

This is the code:

<?php
preg_replace("/(<iframe.*)src(.*)(youtube|vimeo)/", "$1data-src$2$3", $input_lines);

(During my research I learned from: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4898192/preg-replace-how-to-replace-only-matching-xxx1yyy-pattern-inside-the-selector)

Hope that helps,
if you need more advice you can also DM me and we will post the result later -

cheers!

PS:

Or like @tpr mentioned you may put that modification directly into a copy of TextformatterVideoEmbed. That way you would have more control. (TextformatterVideoEmbed itself gets the embed code from an oembed url, so you can't easily intercept there ...)

PPS:

Oh, actually a simple str_replace("src=", "data-src=", $embedCode) in a copy of TextformatterVideoEmbed might actually be sufficient!

• Like 3

Thanks @tpr & @blynx for the help.

I replaced the 129 line of the module with this and it's working:

$out = preg_replace("/(<iframe.*)src(.*)(youtube|vimeo)/", "$1data-src$2$3", $out);
$out = str_ireplace('<iframe ', "<iframe class='lazyload' style='position:absolute;top:0;left:0;width:100%;height:100%;' ", $out);

BUT on some fields I'm using the TextformatterMakeLinks module and the videos on that fields aren't loading cause it adds the video links with href inside of data-src.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PWaddict said:

BUT on some fields I'm using the TextformatterMakeLinks module and the videos on that fields aren't loading cause it adds the video links with href inside of data-src.

Maybe changing the order of the Textformatters would help? (Putting TextformatterMakeLinks at the bottom / after VideoEmbed)?

1 hour ago, blynx said:

Maybe changing the order of the Textformatters would help? (Putting TextformatterMakeLinks at the bottom / after VideoEmbed)?

On that order I have it and it doesn't work.

TextformatterMakeLinks thinks the iframe with the data-src attribute is a text to parse for links. (http://www.phpliveregex.com/p/jkU) It does not get caught by the first regular expression there ...

Either that bug has to be fixed (huh, thats a rather long reg-exp there -.-) - try to contact @interrobang there:

Or you could seperate this 

preg_replace("/(<iframe.*)src(.*)(youtube|vimeo)/", "$1data-src$2$3", $out)

into a new Textformatter and use the original VideoEmbed again.
Then, the order should be:

VideoEmbed
MakeLinks
ThatFormatterWhichMakesTheDataSrc

I think this should work, since MakeLinks detects "src" in an iframe correctly - but not "data-src"

Good luck :)

@blynx Actually I've unistalled TextformatterMakeLinks cause I don't really need it so problem solved. Thanks again for the help.

@ryan Can you update the module with a new option for lazy load? On the module config there must be 2 new fields. A checkbox field for the lazy loading option and a text field with the css class name from the lazy script used. Eg. I'm using lazysizes so the class name is lazyload.

Here is the replaced code on the 129 line of the module:

$out = preg_replace("/(<iframe.*)src(.*)(youtube|vimeo)/", "$1data-src$2$3", $out);
$out = str_ireplace('<iframe ', "<iframe class='lazyload' style='position:absolute;top:0;left:0;width:100%;height:100%;' ", $out);

Hi, i need youtube video id 

Is there any way to get this id from template file.?

I was looking into TextformatterVideoEmbed.module file

public function format(&$str) {
		$this->embedYoutube($str);
		$this->embedVimeo($str);
	}

/**
	 * Check for Youtube URLS and embed when found
	 */
	protected function embedYoutube(&$str) {

// perform a strpos fast check before performing regex check
		if(strpos($str, '://www.youtube.com/watch') === false && strpos($str, '://www.youtube.com/v/') === false && strpos($str, '://youtu.be/') === false) return;

//               1: full URL                                                 2:video id    3: query string (optional)
		$regex = '#<p>\s*(https?://(?:www\.)?youtu(?:.be|be.com)+/(?:watch/?\?v=|v/)?([^\s&<\'"]+))(&[-_,.=&;a-zA-Z0-9]*)?.*?</p>#';
		if(!preg_match_all($regex, $str, $matches)) return;

foreach($matches[0] as $key => $line) { 

$oembedURL = 
				"$this->http://www.youtube.com/oembed?url=" . urlencode($matches[1][$key]) . 
				"&format=json&maxwidth={$this->maxWidth}&maxheight={$this->maxHeight}"; 

$videoID = $matches[2][$key]; 
			$queryString = isset($matches[3][$key]) ? $matches[3][$key] : '';
			$embedCode = $this->getEmbedCode($oembedURL, $videoID); 

Can i use something like below  from my template file

$page->video->$videoID;

There are hundreds of youtube video fields  entered with TextformatterVideoEmbed module . And i can not get these url with 

echo $page->video;

because it embed iframe and shows youtube video not the url

If i can grab video url i can get the id from there.

I want to keep working this way but i need this url or video id for use on amp-youtube tag

Videos not showing up.:'(

PW Version: 3.0.57

TextformatterVideoEmbed Version: 1.1.1

The module is installed. I have added the "Video embed for YouTube/Vimeo" Text formatter to the body field. I put a link with the format "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxxxxx" into the body surrounded by <p></p> tags. However, when I view the site, I just see the text for the link.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

3 hours ago, artaylor said:

Videos not showing up.:'(

PW Version: 3.0.57

TextformatterVideoEmbed Version: 1.1.1

The module is installed. I have added the "Video embed for YouTube/Vimeo" Text formatter to the body field. I put a link with the format "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxxxxx" into the body surrounded by <p></p> tags. However, when I view the site, I just see the text for the link.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

Make sure your link added as plain text not as clickable link. Also try chaning the order of the text formatters. "Video embed for YouTube/Vimeo" should be on top.

@PWaddict: Thanks. The link is plain text and "Video embed..." is the first text formatter. I tried removing the Hanna Code textformatter to see if it was causing a conflict but it still did not work.

15 minutes ago, artaylor said:

@PWaddict: Thanks. The link is plain text and "Video embed..." is the first text formatter. I tried removing the Hanna Code textformatter to see if it was causing a conflict but it still did not work.

Is the field textarea? Is the Inputfield Type: CKEditor?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By d'Hinnisdaël
      Format Datetime fields as Carbon instances.
      You can find the latest release and the complete readme on Github.
      Installation
      composer require daun/datetime-carbon-format Usage
      All Datetime fields will now be formatted as Carbon instances instead of strings. Some examples:
      // $page->date is a Datetime field // Output format: j/n/Y echo $page->date; // 20/10/2020 echo $page->date->add('7 days'); // 27/10/2020 echo $page->date->format('l, F j'); // Monday, October 20 echo $page->date->year; // 2020 echo $page->date->diffForHumans(); // 28 minutes ago Frontend only
      The ProcessWire admin seems to expect datetime fields to be strings. This module will only return Carbon instances on frontend page views.
      Date output format
      When casting a Carbon instance to a string (usually when outputting the field in a template), the field's date output format will be respected.
      Links
      GitHub • Readme • Carbon docs

PS. I remember reading about a Carbon module in a recent newsletter, but couldn't find it anywhere. Was that you, @bernhard?
    • By MoritzLost
      TrelloWire
      This is a module that allows you to automatically create Trello cards for ProcessWire pages and update them when the pages are updated. This allows you to setup connected workflows. Card properties and change handling behaviour can be customized through the extensive module configuration. Every action the module performs is hookable, so you can modify when and how cards are created as much as you need to. The module also contains an API-component that makes it easy to make requests to the Trello API and build your own connected ProcessWire-Trello workflows.
      Warning: This module requires ProcessWire 3.0.167 which is above the current stable master release at the moment.
      Features
      All the things the module can do for you without any custom code: Create a new card on Trello whenever a page is added or published (you can select applicable templates). Configure the target board, target list, name and description for new cards. Add default labels and checklists to the card. Update the card whenever the page is updated (optional). When the status of the card changes (published / unpublished, hidden / unhidden, trashed / restored or deleted), move the card to a different list or archive or delete it (configurable). You can extend this through hooks in many ways: Modifiy when and how cards are created. Modify the card properties (Target board & list, title, description, et c.) before they are sent to Trello. Create your own workflows by utilizing an API helper class with many convenient utility methods to access the Trello API directly. Feedback & Future Plans
      Let me know what you think! In particular:
      If you find any bugs report them here or on Github, I'll try to fix them. This module was born out of a use-case for a client project where we manage new form submissions through Trello. I'm not sure how many use-cases there are for this module. If you do use it, tell me about it! The Trello API is pretty extensive, I'll try to add some more helper methods to the TrelloWireApi class (let me know if you need anything in particular). I'll think about how the module can support different workflows that include Twig – talk to me if you have a use-case! Next steps could be a dashboard to manage pages that are connected to a Trello card, or a new section in the settings tab to manage the Trello connection. But it depends on whether there is any interest in this 🙂 Links
      Repository on Github Complete module documentation (getting started, configuration & API documentation) TrelloWire in the modules directory Module configuration

• By David Karich
      ProcessWire InputfieldRepeaterMatrixDuplicate
      Thanks to the great ProModule "RepeaterMatrix" I have the possibility to create complex repeater items. With it I have created a quite powerful page builder. Many different content modules, with many more possible design options. The RepeaterMatrix module supports the cloning of items, but only within the same page. Now I often have the case that very design-intensive pages and items are created. If you want to use a content module on a different page (e.g. in the same design), you have to rebuild each item manually every time.
      This module extends the commercial ProModule "RepeaterMatrix" by the function to duplicate repeater items from one page to another page. The condition is that the target field is the same matrix field from which the item is duplicated. This module is currently understood as proof of concept. There are a few limitations that need to be considered. The intention of the module is that this functionality is integrated into the core of RepeaterMatrix and does not require an extra module.
      Check out the screencast
      What the module can do
      Duplicate multible repeater items from one page to another No matter how complex the item is Full support for file and image fields Multilingual support Support of Min and Max settings Live synchronization of clipboard between multiple browser tabs. Copy an item and simply switch the browser tab to the target page and you will immediately see the past button Support of multiple RepeaterMatrix fields on one page Configurable which roles and fields are excluded Configurable dialogs for copy and paste Duplicated items are automatically pasted to the end of the target field and set to hidden status so that changes are not directly published Automatic clipboard update when other items are picked Automatically removes old clipboard data if it is not pasted within 6 hours Delete clipboard itself by clicking the selected item again Benefit: unbelievably fast workflow and content replication What the module can't do
      Before an item can be duplicated in its current version, the source page must be saved. This means that if you make changes to an item and copy this, the old saved state will be duplicated Dynamic loading is currently not possible. Means no AJAX. When pasting, the target page is saved completely No support for nested repeater items. Currently only first level items can be duplicated. Means a repeater field in a repeater field cannot be duplicated. Workaround: simply duplicate the parent item Dynamic reloading and adding of repeater items cannot be registered. Several interfaces and events from the core are missing. The initialization occurs only once after the page load event Attention, please note!
      Nested repeaters cannot be supported technically. Therefore a check is made to prevent this. However, a nested repeater can only be detected if the field name ends for example with "_repeater1234". For example, if your MatrixRepeater field is named like this: "content_repeater" or "content_repeater123", this field is identified as nested and the module does not load. In version 2.0.1 the identification has been changed so that a field ending with the name repeater is only detected as nested if at least a two-digit number sequence follows. But to avoid this problem completely, make sure that your repeater matrix field does NOT end with the name "repeater".
      Changelog

Bug fix: Thanks to @ngrmm I could discover a bug which causes that the module cannot be loaded if the MatrixRepeater field ends with the name "repeater". The code was adjusted and information about the problem was provided 2.0.0
      Feature: Copy multiple items at once! The fundament for copying multiple items was created by @Autofahrn - THX! Feature: Optionally you can disable the copy and/or paste dialog Bug fix: A fix suggestion when additional and normal repeater fields are present was contributed by @joshua - THX! 1.0.4
      Bug fix: Various bug fixes and improvements in live synchronization Bug fix: Items are no longer inserted when the normal save button is clicked. Only when the past button is explicitly clicked Feature: Support of multiple repeater fields in one page Feature: Support of repeater Min/Max settings Feature: Configurable roles and fields Enhancement: Improved clipboard management Enhancement: Documentation improvement Enhancement: Corrected few typos #1 1.0.3
      Feature: Live synchronization Enhancement: Load the module only in the backend Enhancement: Documentation improvement 1.0.2
      Bug fix: Various bug fixes and improvements in JS functions Enhancement: Documentation improvement Enhancement: Corrected few typos 1.0.1
      Bug fix: Various bug fixes and improvements in the duplication process 1.0.0
      Initial release Support this module
      If this module is useful for you, I am very thankful for your small donation: Donate 5,- Euro (via PayPal – or an amount of your choice. Thank you!)
      Download this module (Version 2.0.1)
      > Github: https://github.com/FlipZoomMedia/InputfieldRepeaterMatrixDuplicate
      > PW module directory: https://modules.processwire.com/modules/inputfield-repeater-matrix-duplicate/
      > Old stable version (1.0.4): https://github.com/FlipZoomMedia/InputfieldRepeaterMatrixDuplicate/releases/tag/1.0.4
    • By picarica
      so i am trying to put CustomHooksForVariations.module, a custom module, i am placing it into site/modules direcotry yet my modules page in admin panel gives me errors
      so this is the screen show when i refresh modules, i dont know why the shole hook is written on top of the page :||

and this next image is when i try to install it, i saw that it is not defiuned modules.php but it shouldnt need to be ?, any ways i dont want to edit site's core just to make one moulde work there has to be a way

• By Robin S
      A new module that hasn't had a lot of testing yet. Please do your own testing before deploying on any production website.
      Custom Paths
      Allows any page to have a custom path/URL.
      Note: Custom Paths is incompatible with the core LanguageSupportPageNames module. I have no experience working with LanguageSupportPageNames or multi-language sites in general so I'm not in a position to work out if a fix is possible. If anyone with multi-language experience can contribute a fix it would be much appreciated!
      Screenshot

Usage
      The module creates a field named custom_path on install. Add the custom_path field to the template of any page you want to set a custom path for. Whatever path is entered into this field determines the path and URL of the page ($page->path and $page->url). Page numbers and URL segments are supported if these are enabled for the template, and previous custom paths are managed by PagePathHistory if that module is installed.
      The custom_path field appears on the Settings tab in Page Edit by default but there is an option in the module configuration to disable this if you want to position the field among the other template fields.
      If the custom_path field is populated for a page it should be a path that is relative to the site root and that starts with a forward slash. The module prevents the same custom path being set for more than one page.
      The custom_path value takes precedence over any ProcessWire path. You can even override the Home page by setting a custom path of "/" for a page.
      It is highly recommended to set access controls on the custom_path field so that only privileged roles can edit it: superuser-only is recommended.
      It is up to the user to set and maintain suitable custom paths for any pages where the module is in use. Make sure your custom paths are compatible with ProcessWire's $config and .htaccess settings, and if you are basing the custom path on the names of parent pages you will probably want to have a strategy for updating custom paths if parent pages are renamed or moved.
      Example hooks to Pages::saveReady
      You might want to use a Pages::saveReady hook to automatically set the custom path for some pages. Below are a couple of examples.
      1. In this example the start of the custom path is fixed but the end of the path will update dynamically according to the name of the page:
      $pages->addHookAfter('saveReady', function(HookEvent $event) { $page = $event->arguments(0); if($page->template == 'my_template') { $page->custom_path = "/some-custom/path-segments/$page->name/"; } }); 2. The Custom Paths module adds a new Page::realPath method/property that can be used to get the "real" ProcessWire path to a page that might have a custom path set. In this example the custom path for news items is derived from the real ProcessWire path but a parent named "news-items" is removed:
      $pages->addHookAfter('saveReady', function(HookEvent $event) { $page = $event->arguments(0); if($page->template == 'news_item') { $page->custom_path = str_replace('/news-items/', '/', $page->realPath); } }); Caveats
      The custom paths will be used automatically for links created in CKEditor fields, but if you have the "link abstraction" option enabled for CKEditor fields (Details > Markup/HTML (Content Type) > HTML Options) then you will see notices from MarkupQA warning you that it is unable to resolve the links.
      Installation
      Install the Custom Paths module.
      Uninstallation
      The custom_path field is not automatically deleted when the module is uninstalled. You can delete it manually if the field is no longer needed.

https://github.com/Toutouwai/CustomPaths
      https://modules.processwire.com/modules/custom-paths/