8 minutes ago, OllieMackJames said:

I just tried copying repeater items from one page to another and got this error:

What actual error message did it throw?

@OllieMackJames - sorry, not sure - I just did a test here and it worked fine so it might be something specific to the repeater you have set up. Maybe the subfields that are used are ones I haven't tested/considered, or maybe you have repeater nesting? Can you try with another simpler repeater field and see if it works and then try to figure out what element is causing the issue?

On 3/12/2020 at 6:50 PM, adrian said:

@OllieMackJames - sorry, not sure - I just did a test here and it worked fine so it might be something specific to the repeater you have set up. Maybe the subfields that are used are ones I haven't tested/considered, or maybe you have repeater nesting? Can you try with another simpler repeater field and see if it works and then try to figure out what element is causing the issue?

Thanks @adrian,

I just replicated by hand now, couldn't figure out how to get this going, so just decided to go manual, thanks for thinking along though.

• 4 months later...

Adrian this module is great!!, Have a question regarding the new user batcher, I tried to import users with an email address instead of a username but it throws an error, any suggestions?

test.user@testmail.com,changeme,test.user@testmail.com,test,guy,0,1

ProcessWire\WireException

Unknown Selector operator: '[empty]' -- was your selector value properly escaped?  search►
File: .../public_html/wire/core/Selectors.php:518

@maddmac - I built that action before PW supported logging in via an email address, so it will need some modifications. I am really busy at the moment but I'll try to take a look on a procrastination break. Unless of course you feel like working on a PR?

• Like 1

@maddmac - I still haven't take a proper look, but it just occurred to me that I am not sure you have the format correct. You need a username and email on each line. It might work to do:

johndoe@gmail.com, johndoe@gmail.com
janesmith@gmail.com, janesmith@gmail.com

Or perhaps you could do:

johndoe-gmail.com, johndoe@gmail.com
janesmith-gmail.com, janesmith@gmail.com

But based on your example, it looks like you are trying to enter the password, eg "changeme". It's not designed to allow you to enter a password, hence the requirements for the Email New User module to generate the password and email it to the user for you.

• 1 month later...

I edited the php as suggested, however, the change does not seem to be reflected. Is there a another way to reload the module other than pressing "Refresh" which I tried without success?

I would suggest to add a checkbox option for Regex (ideal) or alternatively allow to escape slash (less than ideal).

Keep up the great work.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/2/2020 at 12:18 AM, Knubbi said:

I would suggest to add a checkbox option for Regex (ideal)

I have made this change and committed it to the repo. Please let me know how it goes for you.

Thanks for creating this Module, I know I'm going to be using these actions a lot now that I've discovered them.

I tried to use Field Set or Search and Replace but received this error:

Fatal Error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function bd() in site/modules/ProcessAdminActions/actions/FieldSetOrSearchAndReplace.action.php:129

#0 site/modules/ProcessAdminActions/ProcessAdminActions.module.php(272): FieldSetOrSearchAndReplace->executeAction(Array)
#1 wire/core/Wire.php (394): ProcessAdminActions->___executeExecute()
#2 wire/core/WireHooks.php (823): Wire->_callMethod('___executeExecu...', Array)
#3 wire/core/Wire.php (465): WireHooks->runHooks(Object(ProcessAdminActions), 'executeExecute', Array)
#4 site/modules/ProcessAdminActions/ProcessAdminActions.module.php(728): Wire->__call('executeExecute', Array)
#5 wire/core/ProcessController.php (337): ProcessAdminActions->__call('execu (line 129 of site/modules/ProcessAdminActions/actions/FieldSetOrSearchAndReplace.action.php)

I entered a text string and did not check the RegEx box.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

Should it be possible to set fields value empty with this "Field Set or Search and Replace" -action? Now I get an error of a missing required value.

Just now, lpa said:

Hi

Should it be possible to set fields value empty with this "Field Set or Search and Replace" -action? Now I get an error of a missing required value.

Not sure that I have ever tested to be sure, but it sounds like the problem is because the field is set to be "required". That said, I feel like it might be useful to be able to reset even required fields to empty values using this action so I might have to take a deeper look.

13 hours ago, adrian said:

so I might have to take a deeper look.

That moment, when you read your mails early in the morning and ask yourself: "What deeper hook is adrian talking about?" 😂

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm trying to add a simple explanatory text within the options of my custom admin action. Right now it seems like all elements of the array returned by defineOptions are input fields. But I just want to add a text to explain some stuff to the user. Also, I need basic formatting like line breaks etc.

What to do?

1 hour ago, fruid said:

I'm trying to add a simple explanatory text within the options of my custom admin action. Right now it seems like all elements of the array returned by defineOptions are input fields. But I just want to add a text to explain some stuff to the user. Also, I need basic formatting like line breaks etc.

What to do?

Use the type "markup", which will accept HTML eg:

'name' => 'docs',
'label' => 'Docs',
'type' => 'markup',
'value' => '<strong>TEST</strong>'

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

@adrian  Usefull module!

I have a question and a suggestion regarding the Email Batcher.
On my site i use the Wire Mail SMTP module, tipically with a pre-configured
account such as noreply@customerdomain.com to send email for collected forms ecc. ecc.

Is it possibile to tell Email Batcher to use WireMailSMTP?

For future development wouldn't it be nice to have a configuration screen for Email sending method?

Thanks in advance

1 minute ago, Mike-it said:

Is it possibile to tell Email Batcher to use WireMailSMTP?

It should use it automatically - the action just makes a $mail->new() call. Ryan built a module (https://github.com/ryancramerdesign/WireMailRouter) that lets you choose which wiremail module to use, but if you only have one installed, it should be used.

Does that help?

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the quick response @adrian !

I will try again because the first test i sent to gmail and i got the emails but with the warning:

"Gmail could not verify that the message was actually sent by domain-name.it (and not by a spammer)."

And should not happen with WireMailSMTP...

I attached the configuration of my actual sending method (formbuilder config).

config-formbuilder.png

Maybe you know this already, but that FB config won't affect AdminActions, but it does let me know that the only wiremail module you have installed is WireMailSmtp which is helpful.

I think it should be being sent using it, but these days sending via SMTP is getting more and more difficult. I pretty much exclusively use services like Mailgun now. If you want better reliability from SMTP and you are using gmail for that, you might want to try Ryan's https://github.com/ryancramerdesign/WireMailGmail because it will allow you to use proper authentication to access to it, rather than needing to enable the "less secure apps" option which might be the reason you are seeing that "could not verify" message.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now