AdminOnSteroids

tpr

v075 is up:

• grouped several AdminTweaks and RenoTweaks items into a new submodule "PageListTweaks"
  • added new tweak "Show page IDs in pagelists" to PageListTweaks
  • moved AdminOnSteroids.scss into the "src" subfolder
  • Like 1

i have an idea and would be interested in your thoughts:

sometimes you need simple calculations in special fields, like 15% of field value x. what about a small javascript, that can interpret and calculate such formulas? like in excel...

=1500*0,15

would put "225" in the field. in excel it also works like this

+1500*0,15

that's better if you have a numpad on your keyboard. 

In Drupal, that reminds me of the https://www.drupal.org/project/computed_field module.  If you interested in something like that you can see how it works by spinning up a new instance at https://simplytest.me/project/computed_field/7.x-1.x and creating a computed field.

I know they are totally different systems, but maybe ideas from one can be used on another?

15 minutes ago, bernhard said:

what about a small javascript, that can interpret and calculate such formulas? like in excel...

=1500*0,15

I don't see the widespread usage of such a feature. I've made a similar text expander (part of a windows application) and used for like 2-3 times altogether :) 

v077 is up with some minor updates to InputfieldURLChecker, pageListIDs, FieldEditLinks and Hotkeys. The latter is the smallest but I like it the most because it fixes the malfunctioning ctrl+s in CKEditor after editing the content in the Source dialog. This will probably fix all similar cases when the CKEditor content is replaced (eg. by a plugin).

• Like 3

@tpr

I tried this module out when it was a very little baby and ended up removing it as there were too many layout quirks when used with the Reno theme (which I use by default.) I re-installed it yesterday to find that it's grown up very nicely! It's now in three installs and probably heading for more.

Thank you for this module!

I'm also about to try out your MarkupSrcset module - but that's off topic here.

• Like 2

Thanks! I've added patches here and there when I found something odd or when you guys here reported something. 

There will be always issues with this module as it's basically a collection of many small modules covering many areas, leaving room for potentional bugs.

Anyway, I feel a bit lost without AOS in the PW admin - of course the module is mostly designed to fit my needs :)

• Like 2

I've added a new "Wipe" extra action that deletes the page (bypassing the Trash).

I'm not sure about the name "Wipe" so I'm open to other ideas too.

aos-wipe.gif

Currently it's restricted only to pages without children to avoid data loss at mass levels :) (and of course it will be for superusers only)

• Like 6

4 hours ago, tpr said:

I don't think wipe is a strong enough word.  I was thinking something like eliminate, even though that sounds too strong... or maybe destroy? but instead of 'please confirm' maybe 'delete bypassing trash'?

I forgot to add, so many great ideas from the community on this module.  It's so great that these ideas have come to fruition tpr!  Just like what Processwire has done.  Great work everybody! :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tpr said:

"Delete permanently" is the "official" wording I guess. But that's too long.

Yes, I would go with that. The second best is wipe (remove or eliminate (something) completely.) Destroy is to strong for me, it reminds me to bombs and explosives... Eliminate reminds me to assassin (but maybe that's just me).

10 minutes ago, matjazp said:

Yes, I would go with that. The second best is wipe (remove or eliminate (something) completely.) Destroy is to strong for me, it reminds me to bombs and explosives... Eliminate reminds me to assassin (but maybe that's just me).

So Delete Permanently? May I abbreviate to PermaDel or DP? :)

@grimezy yep, these are beauties of web design / front-end that made me look into the backend instead :)

• Like 1

This trash vs delete conversation makes me think that the Delete tab on the edit page interface should actually be called Trash. The page list action button is Trash, but the Delete tab does the same thing so they should be named for consistency.

• Like 4

@tpr Could you make it so the confirm link does not appear in the same location as the initiating link - I'm just worried about some users I know who click twice in the same place; they'll end up inadvertently wiping pages if the confirmation link isn't offset from their last click position.

There's a demo Pen here, (it was based on one of LostKobrakai's pens - can't find the link now) that shows what I mean.

• Like 3

There was an icon but I found it too much, it's better to have an icon for the Trash only.

@netcarver

I see, but how could it work? If I ue "Delete permanently" and the user clicks on the "ently" part, the X icon would be still not under his mouse.
What about the good old alert confirm?

Edit: well, maybe keeping the original button and adding the Confirm after that could work.

Is there a way you can have a dropdown or side menu effect? So that when clicking a double click wouldn't be a problem?

Or to tidy it more, clicking on the trash gives you options?  First option to trash and the other for permanently delete?

@tpr

Appending the confirm sounds like it could work - just need to get it out from under the mouse pointer to stop inadvertent second clicks. If you can replace the initiating link with a cancel button that would be even better as an inadvertent second click would leave things nice and safe.

@adrian

Batch Child Editor would need it's own terminology brought into line with that.

• Like 1

I had the idea to add an overlay on the entire pagelist item, there I could add Yes-No buttons. But that had the side effect of moving the mouse either in willing to click Yes or No. I like the idea better to prepend a Confirm button to the Delete action button, so the Delete button could be of any length, it wouldn't push the Confirm button to the right as its left side always remains in place.

Trash vs Delete: there's some inconsistency indeed - I was surprised when I saw that $page->delete() is actually permanently deletes the page, $page->trash() moves to trash. I guess it was because the Delete tab.

7 hours ago, tpr said:

Erase? Though, "delete" is the best. Using "delete" instead of "trash" in the context of working with a Trash is a bad habit in IT lingo...

• Like 1

Here is the current state - I've used "Delete" as it's the official term though I know it can be misleading. Anyway, renaming the button is not a big deal from the code POV.

aos-delete-01.gif

I think the words Delete - Cancel are equally long in English so it couldn'be a problem in most cases (in other languages if the Delete is too narrow and one clicks on the right side of it, the Are you sure btn may be under his mouse).

• Like 4