AdminOnSteroids

tpr

Here you go:

aos-columns.png

aos-columns1.png

As you can see it offers a lot better screen utilization, especially on wider screens.

It can be similar to WordPress admin if you place an image field to the top of right column (called "featured image" in WP).

• Like 2

I see, I though that's some kind of error coming from AOS Tooltips.

I would perhaps try using CSS outline, eg.

li.InputfieldStateRequired {
  outline: 2px solid #efcb1d;
  outline-offset: -2px;
  z-index: 1;
}

• Like 1

New version is up (v065):

• new RenoTweak "hoverTopSubmenus": show topnav submenus on hover instead click
  • use slider for LongClickDuration instead plain text input
  • do not load submodule JS/CSS files on login page

Here is how the slider looks like for LongClickDuration:

longclickduration-slider.gif

I wanted a traditional tooltip-style tooltip but Chrome has overflow and css-transition issues inside CSS3 columns, so I had to fallback to this.

• Like 2

v066 is up. The biggest thing is a new hook where you can disable a submodule or even tweaks too, based on your custom conditions. Before this hook there was no way to disable a tweak, only to disable the entire submodule or restrict by role from the module settings page. I haven't tested disabling each tweaks so please report if you think something is not working as expected. The readme contains an example on how to use the hook.

There were a few CKE plugins added too and it is possible to use cke.js or cke.css from the templates directory to override things. See the readme for details.

Changelog

• added hook AdminOnSteroids::modifyConfigData to enable or disable submodules or tweaks
  • added helper method AdminOnSteroids::disableSubmodule to disable a submodule
  • new helper method AdminOnSteroids::disableTweak to disable a tweak
  • new CKEaddon plugins: oEmbed, showBlocks, CodeMirror
  • CKEaddons: use "/site/templates/cke.js" file for custom config (if exists)
  • CKEaddons: use "/site/templates/cke.css" file for custom styles (if exists)
  • use asmSelect for selecting CKEaddons plugins in module config (enables ordering)
  • CKEaddons plugins that add buttons are marked with an asterisk
  • JS fix for compact header save button and search field overlap (RenoTweaks)
  • various LightWire skin CSS fixes (CKEaddons)
  • Like 3

One thing to mention. I would add an inputfield for the cke.js and cke.css path, so everyone can write the path to those files in a custom way. In this case you are able to put the css and js files in a subfolder of your choice instead of directly in the templates folder where all the template files are located. 

CKEddons is a great timesaver for me too. Setting up one ckeditor can be made quickly but when you have more its a nuisance.

I have also thought about custom paths but have wait until someone asks for it. It didn't took much time :)

Do you think the same for admin.css/js?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, tpr said:

Btw it's loaded in the default theme so it shouldn't have any effect in Reno.

that was a surprise for me as well, but  i tried it both in default and reno (2 different users) and it had the same effect... maybe some cache again?

Thanks! The module is only half of the picture, there should be a system that allows such mods :)

I've added a "highlight rows" tweak that adds a slight background color when hovering on pagelist row items an AdminDataTables items. This helps keeping the focus when having long rows.

This features modifies the main pagelist so that opened items get bold. I find it helpful because the hierarchy is more clearly visible.

aos-highlightrow.gif

• Like 6

I cannot see the tooltip for editing the template any more, which is in the breadcrumb. (Default theme, the information is still there in the source code - but the tooltip is not shown, maybe misplaced and hidden somewhere) - Am I the only one having the issue?

• Like 1