AdminOnSteroids

tpr

Small request :)

I always preferred the hover effect for showing page list action buttons to be triggered on the entire row, rather than just the title of the page - this makes it much easier as there is much less mouse horizontal movement - left to trigger the actions and then back right to click the required button. I actually find it quite a significant timesaver.

.content .PageList .PageListItem:hover .PageListActions{display:inline;-webkit-transition-delay:.25s;transition-delay:.25s}
.content .PageList .PageListItemOpen .PageListActions{display:none !important;}
.content .PageList .PageListItemOpen:hover .PageListActions{display:inline !important;-webkit-transition-delay:.25s;transition-delay:.25s}
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, adrian said:

Small request :)

I always preferred the hover effect for showing page list action buttons to be triggered on the entire row, 

I've checked it and it seems to be the case only in the Default admin theme, perhaps that's why I haven't spotted this.

31 minutes ago, adrian said:

Another idea - what about adding the type of the field in parentheses after the field name in the Setup > Fields fly-out menu, e.g.:

I like the idea - question is that is there a way to hook that part somehow.

Another related tweak I have in mind is adding "CKEditor" to the Setup->Fields page. Only "Textarea" is displayed there, it woud be better having "Textarea (CKEditor)" when it's applicable.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, tpr said:

I've checked it and it seems to be the case only in the Default admin theme, perhaps that's why I haven't spotted this.

Sorry - forgot to mention that - I stole that code from the Reno theme. Ryan didn't like that approach, but I still think it is much nicer.

32 minutes ago, tpr said:

Another related tweak I have in mind is adding "CKEditor" to the Setup->Fields page. Only "Textarea" is displayed there, it woud be better having "Textarea (CKEditor)" when it's applicable.

Maybe you could add a new Inputfield/InputfieldClass column to the table, so it not only shows CkEditor, but also things like "CroppableImage3" or the input field type used by a Page field, e.g. AsmSelect

The Fields List & Values section in the PW Info panel of Tracy has this column - might save you some time to look there first?

• Like 2

Just updated the module to v080 that contains the "Show pagelist actions on full row hover" tweak (under AdminTweaks).

I've also renamed the "Are you sure" confirmation message for the Delete button to "Delete page permanently?" as it tells more about what's gonna happen if you continue.

aos-delete-permanently.png

• Like 3

11 hours ago, tpr said:

"Delete page permanently?"

Thanks @tpr, this is cool :) Just one more note: how about "Delete permanently!"? At this point it should be obvious what is being deleted and why is it still a question? Or am I missing something?

Imo it's more clear this way but I can change it if you think it's not.

How about bringing back the timeout to go back to the initial state after a few seconds? So hanging deletion states would be automatically cancelled to avoid confusions and other issues.

• Like 1

v083 is up with a small little tweak to Misc to open the Home/View site link in a new tab (topnav).

More importantly the documentation is updated with almost 30 images so it should be visually more appealing :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tpr said:

30 images

I love images :D Really! Thanks for the update, especially for the docs, now it is high time to read it. I've been trying to follow the development, but you have added so much stuff that it is hard to keep up with you :) 

Edited by szabesz
typo
  • Like 1

hi @tpr, seems i found a little bug:

2016-10-22 23_50_30-Edit Page_ test • sandbox.dev.png

when hovering over the publish button, the hover event is not tied to the button but to the page label. it appears only on smaller screens when the buttons are floating right!

another little thing: i've noticed some times that when hovering the tooltips the color gets somewhat ugly:

2016-10-22 23_53_08-Edit Page_ test • sandbox.dev.png

as you can see i'm using reno here. don't know where this comes from?

thank you once more for sharing the module! makes working with processwire even more fun :)

• Like 1

I see, thanks. Many tweaks work only on screens wider than 960px and below that some default values may kick in. Here the #title overlaps with the buttons as it is not an inline-block element.

The link color comes from the default link color from the theme. I've overriden only the default state to keep the original hover color but this may result in such color combinations. I think I'll keep the white text color and use underline instead.

Edit: done (v0.8.4)

• Like 2

v0.8.5 is up with three new CKEditor plugins and hotkeys to focus the search field (alt+d and double shift).

If you have downloaded the module a few hours earlier then please download again from GitHub. One of the CKEditor plugins caused a js error that prevented saving the field in certain circumstances. The good news is that I've found the error and the author has already merged the patch. I've also modified the focus search hotkey from ctrl to shift because it interfered with the save hotkey (ctrl+s).

• Like 1

v088 is up with the AdminDataTables filter box which enables quick filtering of most lists in the admin. The filter box is autofocused by default and hitting Enter will trigger a click event on the first matching item so it can really speed up navigation in the admin.

I've also set 'AdminOnSteroids' to the module config page title to make it identifiable from the browser tab (instead of reading "Modules").

Is there a simpler way than this?

if ($this->wire('input')->get('name') == 'AdminOnSteroids') {
    $this->wire('page')->title = 'AdminOnSteroids';
}

Update: here is how to set browser tittle title using a hook:

• Like 2

Just uploaded v089 with a few improvements to the filter boxes.

Now it supports ajax tables and "input" texts are also considered on filtering. As a result you can search for page title in Batch Child Editor module for example, which wasn't possible earlier:

aos-dtfilter2.gif

Table columns don't jump on filtering anymore. Furthermore the "body" was set to "overflow: scroll" so it doesn't jump when its height changes (which often happens filtering a long table).

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, szabesz said:

@adrian's gonna love it :) 

Hoping so :)

I've found a few incorrect placements of the filter box so I quickly fixed them. Now it's placed correctly here in diferent circumstances (inside tabs, single filter for multiple tables, etc).

Here you can see it in action in many page types, including the Lister, which is special because there are two filters on a single page. Currently this exception is handled individually in the code because I don't think there will be more cases like this.

aos-dtfilter3.gif

• Like 1

Those who don't have Lister Pro (like myself) will probably dig this feature - option to specify extra columns for the lister (Find & Users).

aos-lister-cols.png

As you probably know when you close the browser tab with a Lister then your custom columns are gone. This tweak let you specify the defaults.

I've needed such feature for a long time and today when I tried to use the filter I realized how useful this would be.

There are a few things to iron out and a module config UI is need to be figured out but I already love it :)

Ps. adrian will surely like the screenshot :)

• Like 2

v091 brings useful updates to the AdminDataTable filters like counter, invert search using "!" and some badass CSS styling, plus many improvements under the hood.

aos-dtfilter4.gif

The new submodule ListerTweaks is also included, which now respects the Lister bookmarks too.

There was an important fix to ctrl+s feature of Hotkeys - if the Source dialog of a CKEditor is opened then ctrl+s won't save the underlying page but trigger the OK button in the dialog.

• Like 7