Profile Export module (also upgrade PW 2.0 to 2.1)

ryan

Hello,

is there any reason shows this error as below. I have exported the file from the live server and trying to install my local server. The file permissions are correct and files in the exported folder also correct. Any idea? I have successfully done using site profile exporter module several times, but this kind of error happened first time 

247117575_Screenshot_2020-06-29ProcessWire3xInstaller.png.646c837ef10aae175ab2bcb36f16acba.png

• 1 year later...

Hi,
 I evaluated the updated ProfileExport Module v4.0.1

I get the same error as JeevanisM:   Profile not found

I checked for any special characters in my profile name, files that should be there and permissions on the server

I am using Processwire 3.0.184 

Anyone have an idea ?

• 5 months later...

I noticed that $config->defaultAdminTheme is overwritten in the config file after I install a profile that I exportet.
It will allways append $config->defaultAdminTheme = 'AdminThemeUikit'; to the end of the config file overwriting any settings that it imported before that.

• 3 months later...

Another thing with this module is, that it's not triggering a module resfreh automatically after installation. Depending on the module this can crash the installer at the last step. When I put this code in my template file it works (not a good fix):

if ( !$modules->isInstalled('InputfieldPageGrid')  )  {
    $modules->refresh();
}

I also tried to put this code in the finish.php file inside the exportet site->install folder, but this seems to be called to late.
@ryan can you please look into this, as I would like to share my site profile for my new module Iam working on. Would be awesome if this can be fixed, as others also seem to struggle with this.

• 4 months later...

Does anyone know if it's possible to modify the installation process without overriding a core file (e.g. install.php) ?

I'm trying to create a starting point for my colleagues and I'd like to limit what the admin can be called, and what the CMS URL can be, etc.

• 1 year later...

Can someone confirm issues when importing a profile with utf8mb4?

My case:

I exportet my latest site-profile yesterday and tried to install it in a new project today and it got terribly wrong. I could fix and finish the installation by installing everything with just utf8 and later changing the config to uft8mb4.

I looked into the export and while the db dump clearly shows utf8mb4 it's not saying anything about it in the config.php - which could be totally fine. Yet trying to install it fails.

Here a short excerpt from the install log which was over 600 lines in total:

Spoiler

Profile Import

SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1115 Unknown character set: 'utf8mb4mb4'
SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'db.field_email' doesn't exist
SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'db.field_permissions' doesn't exist
SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'db.field_roles' doesn't exist
SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'db.fieldgroups_fields' doesn't exist
SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'db.fields' doesn't exist
SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'db.field_admin_theme' doesn't exist
SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'db.field_blocks' doesn't exist
SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'db.field_process' doesn't exist
SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'db.field_title' doesn't exist
SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'db.fieldgroups' doesn't exist
SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'db.modules' doesn't exist
SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'db.pages' doesn't exist
SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'db.pages_parents' doesn't exist
SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'db.templates' doesn't exist

Imported: ./site/install/files => ./site/assets/files/
Created directory: ./site/assets/cache/
Created directory: ./site/assets/logs/
Created directory: ./site/assets/backups/
Created directory: ./site/assets/sessions/
Imported: ./site-blank/modules/ => ./site/modules/

You might notice this weird utf8mb4mb4 in the second line.
And I guess that's the issue here but I can't find it in any of my exports.

Versions used:
ProcessWire 3.0.238
Export Site Profile 5.0.1

@wbmnfktr

just tried it locally and got the same error "Unknown character set: utf8mb4mb4". Not sure if it was always like this or if it's a new thing. Usually I stick with the default utf8 formatting. But for the support of emoticons, I try to use"utf8mb4" lately. Would be nice if the site exporter/importer takes care of this. 

Edit: If I keep default utf8 settings, I can install the utf8mb4 formatted site, but the fields containing emoticons are empty. 

• Like 1

On 4/30/2024 at 10:06 PM, jploch said:

If I keep default utf8 settings, I can install the utf8mb4 formatted site, but the fields containing emoticons are empty. 

Same here. In that case adding $config->dbCharset = 'utf8mb4' manually fixes the issue for future emojis.

On 5/2/2024 at 10:27 AM, jploch said:

I created an issue on Github for this.

Awesome. Thank you.

• Like 1

Another thing, another thought.

An exported site profile should contain all necessary files to install and run that profile. Right?

If so, what about necessary files like .editorconfig, package.json, .prettierrc, composer.json, and others?

Do you guys copy all those files manually over after exporting the site profile?

Or do you see the exported site profile more like a final product in which those files aren't necessary anymore? (Wouldn't work out because the /vendor folder is missing in the export folder/ZIP as well - in my case.)