Hi Everyone

kongondo

Hi all,

My first post. I’m Kongondo. I am coming in from MODX hence “recognise” a few faces here. After many, many months of contemplation and searching for a MODX replacement, I came across ProcessWire for the second time. First time I heard about ProcessWire was maybe a year or so ago. Back then, I checked it out but quickly moved on since it seemed like a “one-man-project”. I was also thrown off by the simple interface; I judged a book by its cover and thought no way this CMS is powerful…so I moved on. My search for a CMS continued....About a month and a half ago, I came across this post by Mademyday so I checked out ProcessWire once again, this time digging deeper into its guts and boy was I impressed!

For the last one month I have read every Forum post, bookmarked key threads, watched the videos, dug into the demo site, Googled, etc. and installed and played with ProcessWire locally. Honestly, I have been blown away! Finding a replacement for MODX was tough; but now, I have found it. Ryan, congratulations; this is an amazing framework you’ve created and thanks for releasing it as open source.

I am a “tutorials-kinda-guy” so I am already working on ProcessWire lessons which I hope to post on my website soon. I know there’s the Wiki work going on but I think the more lessons we have out there the better for ProcessWire. Then again, I’m not a fan of Wiki markup ;).

Cheers
/k

• Like 15

MODX + kongondo gets me pretty excited! Could it be that you're the author of the Wayfinder bible? If so, “tutorials-kinda-guy” is a bit of an understatement!

If not, equally welcome.

ps there's already a bit of a PW Wayfinder going on...http://modules.processwire.com/modules/markup-simple-navigation/

SiNNuT,

Thanks for the welcome!

MODX + kongondo gets me pretty excited! Could it be that you're the author of the Wayfinder bible? If so, “tutorials-kinda-guy” is a bit of an understatement!

Guilty as charged! Yeah, same kongondo

ps there's already a bit of a PW Wayfinder going on...http://modules.processwire.com/modules/markup-simple-navigation/

Thanks. Been playing with it already for a couple of weeks...

Cheers,

/k

Hey kongondo.

Welcome! I used ModX a bit, and I have a lot of respect for that CMS as moving in the right direction as far as offering a clean and open development environment. But once I started using ProcessWire I realized that even ModX does not have the flexibility of this framework.

Everyone who knows ModX knows about Wayfinder. So it is an honor indeed to have you here!

Thans,

Matthew

Welcome! Not a ModX user, so your name is pretty new to me, but I loved your under construction website and how you seem so into writing about PW. Exited to have a look at the first results when they come!

Welcome aboard,

For your safety, please take a moment to listen to this important message about safety on board.

In preparation for departure, fasten your seat belt by placing the metal fitting into the buckle. For your comfort and safety, adjust the strap so it fits low and tight around your hips. To release your seat belt

just lift the face plate of the buckle. As you know, turbulence is sometimes unexpected so we

advise you to take a look at Somas Cheatsheet, you will find a copy under your seat (http://processwire.com/api/cheatsheet/)

On behalf of all of us, we wish you a very pleasant flight. Thank you, for choosing ProcessWire.

• Like 6

Hello kongondo & welcome to the PW forum.

Whilst I agree that Ryan's produced an amazing product in ProcessWire I think it goes beyond just the software. Of the CMS devs I've been involved with Ryan's the one project lead who has been the most open, from first contact, to meaningful contributions towards the site, docs, forum and code. Some others have been open, most friendly, but none to the same degree. Consequently he's attracted a welcoming, talented & professional group of people to the project and I've learned a lot from being involved here.

• Like 10

Hello kongondo & welcome to the PW forum.

Whilst I agree that Ryan's produced an amazing product in ProcessWire I think it goes beyond just the software. Of the CMS devs I've been involved with Ryan's the one project lead who has been the most open, from first contact, to meaningful contributions towards the site, docs, forum and code. Some others have been open, most friendly, but none to the same degree. Consequently he's attracted a welcoming, talented & professional group of people to the project and I've learned a lot form being involved here.

Totally, absolutely agree! I am a strong believer that a "culture" builds up around a project. It's a subtle thing, but a certain kind of attitude from the start attracts like-minded individuals, and that gathers greater momentum over time as it perpetuates with new members to the community.

There are other great communities that I think have similar energy: Laravel and CodeIgniter, for example. But ProcessWire has an extra dimension even above those greats.

It's up to us to make sure it keeps going!

Thans,

Matthew

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Same here kongondo. To manny open projects / no time to finish. I hope i will get time to finish my mailchimp field type.

Ditto on however many projects I've said I'm working on ;)

• Like 1