Lex Sanchez

Module: Video or Social Post Embed

Video or Social Post Embed

Based on the TextformatterVideoEmbed module developed by Ryan Cramer, we have added the possibility to embed publications of the main social networks Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

ProcessWire Textformatter module that enables translation of YouTube, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or Issuu URLs to full embed codes, resulting in a viewable video or social post in textarea fields you apply it to.

How to install

• Download or Clone from Github: https://github.com/lexsanchez/VideoOrSocialPostEmbed

• Copy the VideoOrSocialPostEmbed.module file to your /site/modules/ directory (or place it in /site/modules/VideoOrSocialPostEmbed/).

• Click check for new modules in ProcessWire Admin Modules screen. Click install for the module labeled: "Video or Social Post Embed".

• Now you will be on the module config screen. Please make note of the config options and set as you see fit.

How to use

• Edit your body field in Setup > Fields (or whatever field(s) you will be placing videos in). On the details tab, find the Text Formatters field and select "Video or Social Post Embed". Save.

• Edit a page using the field you edited and paste in YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and/or Issuu URLs each on their own paragraph.

How it might look in your editor (like TinyMCE):

Here are two videos about ProcessWire

And here is a great video I watched earlier this week:

Embed social post and Issuu Presentation:

How it works

This module uses YouTube, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Issuu oEmbed services to generate the embed codes populated in your content. After these services are queried the first time, the embed code is cached so that it doesn't need to be pulled again.

You may want to update the max width and max height settings on the module's configuration screen. You should make these consistent with what is supported by your site design.

If you change these max width / max height settings you may also want to check the box to clear cache, so that YouTube/Vimeo/Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/Issuu oembed services will generate new embed codes for you.

Using with Markdown, Textile or other LML

This text formatter is looking for a YouTube, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or Issuu video URL surrounded by paragraph tags. As a result, if you are using Markdown or Textile (or something else like it) you want that text formatter to run before this one. That ensures that the expected paragraph tags will be present when VideoOrSocialPostEmbed runs. You can control the order that text formatters are run in by drag/drop sorting in the field editor.

Copyright 2018 by Ryan Cramer / Updated by Lex Sanchez

• Like 17

Thank you.

There is a problem here with 

Error: Exception: SQLSTATE[22001]: String data, right truncated: 1406 Data too long for column 'embed_code' at row 1 (in /home/theo/public_html/pwdev/site/modules/VideoOrSocialPostEmbed/TextformatterVideoOrSocialPostEmbed.module line 113)

#0 /home/theo/public_html/pwdev/site/modules/VideoOrSocialPostEmbed/TextformatterVideoOrSocialPostEmbed.module(113): PDOStatement->execute()
#1 /home/theo/public_html/pwdev/site/modules/VideoOrSocialPostEmbed/TextformatterVideoOrSocialPostEmbed.module(337): TextformatterVideoOrSocialPostEmbed->getEmbedCode('://api.instagra...', 'ig-BeA8p9AhA3b')
#2 /home/theo/public_html/pwdev/site/modules/VideoOrSocialPostEmbed/TextformatterVideoOrSocialPostEmbed.module(152): TextformatterVideoOrSocialPostEmbed->embedInstagram('<p>https://www....')
#3 /home/theo/public_html/pwdev/wire/core/Textformatter.php(60): TextformatterVideoOrSocialPostEmbed->format('<p>https://www....

Hello Theo:

Thanks for your comment; I have made an update to the module that solves this error, please uninstall the module replace with the new version.

• Like 1

Thanks, would be interesting to see how your example looks like on the frontend. Maybe you have a screenshot? :)

• Like 2

Hi Bernhard:

Sorry for answering something late, I attached 2 images of how it is shown in social network content.

• Like 1

Is there a way to get this module to work with CKeditor? For me it is not working :( Only the links are visible in frontend.

Got it. The URL has to be pain text instead of a link.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By d'Hinnisdaël
      So I decided to wade into module development and created a wrapper module around ImageOptim, a service that compresses and optimizes images in the cloud. ImageOptim currently handles JPG, PNG and GIF files and, depending on the settings you use, shaves off between 15% and 60% in filesize. Great for bandwidth and great for users, especially on mobile.
      This module handles the part of uploading images to ImageOptim via their official API, downloading the optimized version and storing it alongside the original image.

Download & Info
      ImageOptim for ProcessWire on GitHub / Readme / Usage
      Why ImageOptim?
      There are other image optimization services out there, some of them free, that have outstanding ProcessWire modules. A few things make ImageOptim the best tool for most of my customers: It's not free, i.e. it will probably be around for a while and offers support. However, it's cheaper than some of the bigger competitors like Cloudinary. And it does PNG compression better than any of the free services out there, especially those with alpha channels.
      Install the module like any other ProcessWire module, by either copying the folder into your modules folder or installing it via the admin. While it is being submitted to the modules directory, you can install the module from its repository URL: https://github.com/philippdaun/ImageOptim
      To be able to upload images to the service, allow_url_fopen must be set on the server. The module will abort installation if that's not the case.
      I have only tested the module on ProcessWire 3.x installations. I don't see why it shouldn't work in 2.x, if anyone wants to try it out and report back.
      ImageOptim account
      To compress images, you first need to sign up for an ImageOptim account. They offer free trials to try the service.
      Usage (manual optimization)
      Images can be optimized by calling the optimize() method on any image. You can pass an options array to set ImageOptim API parameters.
      $image->size(800,600)->optimize()->url $image->optimize(['quality' => 'low', 'dpr' => 2]) // Set quality to low and enable hi-dpi mode
      Automatic optimization
      The module also has an automatic mode that optimizes all image variations after resizing. This is the recommended way to use this module since it leaves the original image uncompressed, but optimizes all derivative images.
      $image->size(800,600)->url // nothing to do here; image is optimized automatically
      To change compression setting for single images, you can pass an options array along with the standard ImageResizer options. Passing false disables optimization.
      $image->size(800, 600, ['optimize' => 'medium']) $image->size(800, 600, ['optimize' => ['quality' => 'low', 'dpr' => 2]]) $image->size(800, 600, ['optimize' => false])
      For detailed usage instructions and all API parameters, see the usage instructions on GitHub.
      Optimized images will be suffixed, e.g. image.jpg becomes image.optim.jpg. You can configure the suffix in the module settings.
      Asynchronous processing. Not really high on the list. Image variations need to be created anyway, so waiting a few seconds longer on first load is preferable to adding complexity to achieve async optimization. Optimize image variations created by other modules. CroppableImage comes to mind. I don't use any of these, so if somebody wants to help out and submit a pull request — all for it! Add a dedicated page in the setup menu with a dashboard and detailed statistics. ImageOptim's API is very barebones for now, so not sure if that's feasible or even necessary.
      I've been using this module on production sites for some time now, without hiccups. If you do notice oddities, feel free to comment here or investigate and submit PRs.
    • By usualCommission
      Hi everyone. I just completed first draft work on a module that I wrote. It creates a page for a user with a specified role when a user admin page is saved. I'm sure it could use some more work and would like any feedback on implementation, code quality, and any better utilization of the PW API.
      The problem I aimed to solve is that we are using the fantastic MarkupBlog module and wanted a way to easily specify an author for a post when the person who created the page is not the author we want shown on the post (example: one blog author ghostwriting for another blog author). This module allowed me to create a blog-author role and on user admin save create a page under the "Authors" page in the tree. After that each blog post gets a page select field that lists the Authors page children for selection.
      More detail:
      If a user is deleted from the CMS, their page remains in the page tree. This is to prevent problems if there are other pages that depend on that page. A hidden field is added to the User admin page that holds the id for the page created. When creating a page for a user, it checks if there is a page already created with that user's name- if it is, that page is used and the hidden field is updated with that page's ID. If a user's page is deleted from the tree, a new page is created on user admin save and the hidden ID field is updated with the new ID. Module installs and uninstalls properly including adding and removing the hidden ID field from the User system template. The module settings allow for choosing more than one role to create pages. Again since this is my first rodeo with ProcessWire module development I would love feedback and critique. The code is available here:

• By dadish
      NOTE: This thread originally started in the Pub section of the forum. Since we moved it into the Plugin/Modules section I edited this post to meet the guidelines but also left the original content so that the replies can make sense.  
      ProcessGraphQL seamlessly integrates to your ProcessWire web app and allows you to serve the GraphQL api of your existing content. You don't need to apply changes to your content or it's structure. Just choose what you want to serve via GraphQL and your API is ready.
      Warning: The module supports PHP version >= 5.5 and ProcessWire version >= 3.
      Zip Download Github Repo ScreenCast PW modules Page Please refer to the Readme to learn more about how to use the module.
      Original post starts here...
      Hi Everyone! I became very interested in this GraphQL thing lately and decided to learn a bit about it. And what is the better way of learning a new thing than making a ProcessWire module out of it! 
      For those who are wondering what GraphQL is, in short, it is an alternative to REST. I couldn't find the thread but I remember that Ryan was not very happy with the REST and did not see much value in it. He offered his own AJAX API instead, but it doesn't seem to be supported much by him, and was never published to official modules directory. While ProcessWire's API is already amazing and allows you to quickly serve your content in any format with less than ten lines of code, I think it might be convenient to install a module and have JSON access to all of your content instantly. Especially this could be useful for developers that use ProcessWire as a framework instead of CMS.
      GraphQL is much more flexible than REST. In fact you can build queries in GraphQL with the same patterns you do with ProcessWire API.
      Ok, Ok. Enough talk. Here is what the module does after just installing it into skyscrapers profile.

It supports filtering via ProcessWire selectors and complex fields like FieldtypeImage or FieldtypePage. See more demo here
      The module is ready to be used, but there are lots of things could be added to it. Like supporting any type of fields via third party modules, authentication, permissions on field level, optimization and so on. I would love to continue to develop it further if I would only know that there is an interest in it. It would be great to hear some feedback from you. I did not open a thread in modules section of the forum because I wanted to be sure there is interest  in it first.
      You can install and learn about it more from it's repository. It should work with PHP >=5.5 and ProcessWire 3.x.x. The support for 2.x.x version is not planned yet.
      Please open an issue if you find bugs or you want some features added in issue tracker. Or you can share your experience with the module here in this thread.
    • By kongondo
      Pages Export
      This module is for specifically exporting ProcessWire 2.x sites for later importing into ProcessWire 3.x.
      Github: Project Page
      Modules Directory: Pending
      Credits: Ryan Cramer
      As I make my modules ProcessWire 3.x-compatible only, I've had the need to re-create/mirror their ProcessWire 2.x test sites in respective ProcessWire 3.x sites. These ProcessWire 3.x sites (one for each module) were already in place and I didn't feel like re-doing them by exporting/importing site profiles. I also like working with JSON rather than other export formats. So, I decided to write a custom pages export/import script for moving the ProcessWire 2.x sites to their respective ProcessWire 3.x counterpart sites. I'd just finished the export side of things when I came across a post in the forums that reminded me that ProcessWire 3.x already boasts a pages export/import feature, although some of it is still in development. Great! I like its API (PagesExportImport.php) and GUI (ProcessPagesExportImport.module) so no need to re-invent the wheel. 
      I still had the small problem of making sure my JSON export would be compatible with the JSON input that the ProcessWire 3.x import expects. No need to re-invent the wheel, again! I ditched my custom script and instead ported the export functionalities of ProcessWire 3.x Pages Export/Import for use in ProcessWire 2.2 - 2.7, specifically to help migrate older sites to ProcessWire 3.x.
      The module and class have been tested and work in ProcessWire 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2,5, 2.6 and 2.7.  The module is currently tagged as 'in development' until Pages Import feature of ProcessWire 3.x is released as stable. Nonetheless, I have not encountered any issues so far in either the export or the ProcessWire 3.x import. I think Ryan is waiting until he can support more complex field types before tagging the ProcessWire 3.x Pages Export/Import as production-ready.
      This is not a ProcessWire 3.x module and will never be. It has no such need . Just in case you forget and try to install it in a ProcessWire 3.x site, the module will throw a WireException(). I will also not be porting the ProcessWire 3.x import functionality for use in ProcessWire 2.x. That will defeat the purpose here; to move sites to ProcessWire 3.x and not the other way round.
      Supported Fields
      All non-complex fields such as integer, text, textarea, etc Page fields Repeaters File and Image fields I think these cover most needs. Note: not yet tested with Multilingual fields.
      To ensure exports will be compatible with ProcessWire 3.x Pages Import, where necessary, the module borrows (and amends as needed) methods from ProcessWire 3.x for use in ProcessWire 2.x. For instance, ProcessWire 3.x Pages Export/Import uses the new(-ish) $file functions found in WireFileTools. Rather than copy and include such files, the module only borrowed and amended needed methods. These are listed below.
      From /wire/core/Functions.php: wireInstanceOf(), wireClassName() and wireClassParents() From /wire/core/Fieldtype.php: getImportValueOptions() and getDatabaseSchema() From /wire/core/WireFileTools.php: zip(), chmod() and mkdir() From /wire/core/WireHttp.php: sendFile From /wire/modules/Fieldtype/FieldtypeFile.module: exportValue() and exportDescription() From /wire/modules/Fieldtype/FieldtypeImage.module: exportValue() From /wire/modules/Fieldtype/FieldtypePage.module: exportValue() and exportValuePage() From /wire/modules/Fieldtype/FieldtypeRepeater.module: exportValue() From /wire/core/Fieldtype/WireTempDir.php: create(), createName() and getTempDir() All the export methods from the /wire/core/PagesExportImport.php class ProcessPagesExport.module
      All the export methods from /wire/modules/process/ProcessPagesExportImport/ProcessPagesExportImport.module Newer methods such as $this->wire() will gracefully degrade to the older wire() function, ensuring smooth and uniform operation in ProcessWire 2.2  - 2.7.
      This module and class is for supersusers only and has only 1 aim; to export ProcessWire 2.x sites ready for importing into ProcessWire 3.x sites. You can either install (like any other module) and use the process module (ProcessPagesExport.module) or skip the install and just include and use the class (PagesExport.php) to export your sites.
      Both the module (Export GUI) and API require that you are logged in as a supersuser before you can use them. The PagesExport class has a gateway method and option not found in the original class (PagesExportImport). The method export() allows access to the three export methods in the original class, i.e. pagesToArray(), exportJSON() and exportZip(). See example usage below.
      GUI/Process Module
      On install, the module will create a new admin page Export Pages. Please note that unlike the original code, this page is created directly under /admin/ and not /admin/pages/. Click on Export Pages to start.
      Nothing much has changed from the original ProcessPagesExportImport.
      In older ProcessWire versions where InputfieldSelector was not available, the module will instead present you with a text input to specify a valid (for that version of ProcessWire!) selector for finding pages. The other two methods for adding pages (add pages manually or add by parent) are still available.
      Custom JS ensures older installs without showIf functionality still get the inputfield dependency treatment.
      export($items, $options) 
      PageArray $items: The PageArray to export.
      Array $options: In addition to the options in the original class that you can pass to pagesToArray(), there are two more options here. mode to specify the export type (array or json or zip) and fieldNamesExclude, to specify fields to exclude from the export. Note that the original class option fieldNames still works. It's for specifying the fields to include in the export.
      // API USAGE // get and include PagesExport class /* @note: you'll need to include the path differently if you are using the class directly without installing the Process module */ $path = $config->paths->ProcessPagesExport . 'PagesExport.php'; require_once($path); // create new instance of the class $siteExport = new PagesExport(); // find items to export /* a. export whole site! (minus admin and children) careful! in some cases, better to export in batches */ //$items = $pages->get('/')->find('has_parent!=2'); // export a batch of pages $items = $pages->find('template=basic-page|computer'); /* you could also use these methods directly #$data = $siteExport->pagesToArray($items); #$data = $siteExport->exportJSON($items); #$data = $siteExport->exportZIP($items); */ $options = array( // @kongondo addition: export to screen as 'array' or 'json' OR export to zip // zip will be saved in /site/assets/backups/PagesExport/ 'mode' => 'array',// array or json or ZIP // export only these field names, when specified 'fieldNames' => array('images', 'files', 'multi_pages'), // @kongondo addition: exclude fields from export. Here we exclude 'body' field 'fieldNamesExclude' => array('body'), ); // get the export $data = $siteExport->export($items, $options); if(is_array($data)) { echo '<pre> EXPORTED SITE USING pagesToArray '; print_r($data); echo '</pre>'; } // JSON export else echo $data; Screenshots
      See also the links to Ryan's blog posts above.
      ProcessWire 2.2

ProcessWire 2.4

ProcessWire 2.5

ProcessWire 2.7

Video Demo
      (Sorry, long and boring) 
      Demo shows various exports from ProcessWire 2.x and their importing into ProcessWire 3.x. Remember the old Skyscrapers site profile? See how a whole Skyscrapers site gets exported from a ProcessWire 2.7.3 site and imported into a ProcessWire 3.x starting from here.
    • By flydev
      Originaly developped by Jeff Starr, Blackhole is a security plugin which trap bad bots, crawlers and spiders in a virtual black hole.
      Once the bots (or any virtual user!) visit the black hole page, they are blocked and denied access for your entire site.
      This helps to keep nonsense spammers, scrapers, scanners, and other malicious hacking tools away from your site, so you can save precious server resources and bandwith for your good visitors.
      How It Works
      You add a rule to your robots.txt that instructs bots to stay away. Good bots will obey the rule, but bad bots will ignore it and follow the link... right into the black hole trap. Once trapped, bad bots are blocked and denied access to your entire site.

The main benefits of Blackhole include:
       Bots have one chance to obey your site’s robots.txt rules. Failure to comply results in immediate banishment.
      Disable Blackhole for logged in users Optionally redirect all logged-in users Send alert email message Customize email message Choose a custom warning message for bad bots Show a WHOIS Lookup informations Choose a custom blocked message for bad bots Choose a custom HTTP Status Code for blocked bots Choose which bots are whitelisted or not  
      Install the module Create a new page and assign to this page the template "blackhole" Create a new template file "blackhole.php" and call the module $modules->get('Blackhole')->blackhole(); Add the rule to your robot.txt Call the module from your home.php template $modules->get('Blackhole')->blackhole();  Bye bye bad bots!

https://github.com/flydev-fr/Blackhole http://modules.processwire.com/modules/blackhole/