benbyf

Share your CKeditor settings

HELLO! I always struggle adding additional functionality, buttons and other settings to the CKeditor and I guess other people might have the same issue at times.

For those who are CKeditor aces would you share your settings in this post to help others with what I guess should be a simple task to extend the default settings.

5a1c10e74d6e2_Screenshot2017-11-2713_19_09.thumb.png.ffa609ad40e5e975568d4c018ba74874.png

Extra color select and text formating

toolbar

Format, Styles
Bold, Italic, Underline, -, RemoveFormat
TextColor, BGColor
JustifyLeft , JustifyCenter, JustifyRight, JustifyBlock
NumberedList, BulletedList, -, Blockquote
PWLink, Unlink, Anchor
PWImage, Table, HorizontalRule, SpecialChar
PasteText, PasteFromWord
Scayt, -, Sourcedialog

extra allowed content

small[*]
section
font[style]
span[style]{!color}
code[*]

custom config options

colorButton_colors: ec4626,ffde43,00aaeb,004a87,7b9320,ffffff

extra plugins

colorButton

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bernhard said:

maybe it would be nice to have a screenshot attached to get an instant impression? :)

added above

• Like 1

ckeditor.thumb.png.072de30bc0920d677440e3a11d1e6427.png

Toolbar :

JustifyBlock, JustifyCenter, JustifyLeft, JustifyRight
Format
Styles
Bold, Italic, Underline, -, RemoveFormat
TransformTextToLowercase,TransformTextToUppercase,TransformTextCapitalize
TextColor,BGColor
NumberedList, BulletedList, -, Blockquote
PWLink, Unlink, Anchor
pbckcode
PWImage, Table, HorizontalRule, SpecialChar
PasteText, PasteFromWord
Scayt, -, Sourcedialog
facebookvideo

Extra plugins :

extraplugins.png.a1d68deb330878099b0dc32af04b00dc.png

PS: A small suggestion @benbyf, you could include in the first post a) a small "howto customize" the ckeditor and/or b) a list of forum links where people can find useful information on "howto customize" the ckeditor (I remember that sometime I need to look at the javascript source-code of the plugin to find the right button-code to include in the ckeditor settings).

Edited by flydev
suggestion
  • Like 4

Great forum thread idea :)

I don't have time right now for creating screenshots and copy-pasting settings, but from the top of my head here are a few things I like to use:

• maximize (open RTE in fullscreen, a.k.a. distraction-free writing mode)
  • show blocks (puts visual border around the currently selected block
  • accessibility checker
  • embed media from external sites (Youtube etc.)

I'll follow up tomorrow with links, screenshots etc.

• Like 2

I just had an issue with a site where end users were pasting content from Word. There is a Paste From Word plugin, but that still leaves a lot of formatting and overrides the paste as plain text. To resolve this I did the following:

Custom Config Options

forcePasteAsPlainText:  true

Remove Plugins

I added pastefromword to the end of the list already there.

• Like 1

Great topic idea. FYI, in AdminOnSteroids you can globally add plugins (with buttons, if available) to all ckeditors. Please feel free to suggest a plugin to add to aos.

Additionally you can selectively set, add or remove buttons per user role, template, etc with its FieldOverrides submodule.

• Like 5

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now