psy

JSON+LD Schema module

This module helps you dynamically create schemas for improved SEO & SERP listings from within your templates. Each schema can be configured to meet your requirements. You can even add your own ProcessWire schema classes to the module.

Read about the module on  github: https://github.com/clipmagic/MarkupJsonLDSchema

Download from github: https://github.com/clipmagic/MarkupJsonLDSchema/zipball/master

Download from ProcessWire modules: http://modules.processwire.com/modules/markup-json-ldschema/

• Like 14

Am I missing something? Where is that module? Do you have a link? Maybe I'm confused by the new forum changes, but I don't see an attachment either...

Most of the time people do not only submit the module to the modules directory, but also link to either the module's page in the directory or the github repo (sometimes both) from their forum posts as well. Especially as it seems like your module is by not not approved in the module's directory nobody but you can see it there.

OK. Still learning. Thanks.

Submitted module via github and had to open a forum topic as part of that process. Hopefully sorted now.

Let me know if I need to do more to make the module available.

Links added and closing tags removed.

I updated the version # to 0.0.3 but it is still showing 0.0.2 in the modules directory?

Thank you all for your help. Much appreciated. :)

The modules directory visits github once a day. To force it to refresh, just edit the module in the directory, but don't do anything and just save. That forces the crawler to go back to github and voila, you got it updated :)

Congrats on your new module btw ^-^

• Like 2

Have not checked out the module yet, but seems like a very nice addition. The JSON+LD Schema is really something Google will be using a lot in the future. Mark my words!

• Like 1

This is a very nice module,  but when I try to validate a LocalBusiness schema using Google Search structured data tester, it don't validate. I got some error message like: Google doesn't recognise property streetAddress for an object of the type LocalBusiness. Same for addressLocality , addressRegion, .... Got the same problem when I try to valicate an article. Thank's for your help!

11 hours ago, Pino said:

This is a very nice module,  but when I try to validate a LocalBusiness schema using Google Search structured data tester, it don't validate. I got some error message like: Google doesn't recognise property streetAddress for an object of the type LocalBusiness. Same for addressLocality , addressRegion, .... Got the same problem when I try to valicate an article. Thank's for your help!

Oh, yes you're correct. According to the reference, addresses are associated with Organization, not localBusiness. I will fix and update the module.

https://developers.google.com/schemas/reference/types/Place

https://developers.google.com/schemas/reference/types/LocalBusiness

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

• Like 1

@OllieMackJames

Glad you like it :)

There are way too many schemas for me to include in the basic module. I chose what I thought would be the most useful. However you have a couple of options:

1. Use the custom schema option, eg:

$jsonld = $modules->get("MarkupJsonLDSchema");
$options = array();
$options["@type"] = "VideoObject";
$options["custom"] = array (
  "actor" => "Barney Rubble",
  "caption" => "What an actor!",
);
?>
<script type="application/ld+json">
  <?php $jsonld->render('Custom',$options); ?>
</script>

OR

2. Write your own schema and add it to the site/modules/MarkupJsonLDSchema/schemas/ directory. See the other schemas in there and their naming conventions as examples, and feel free to include your video schema code in this topic to share with others.

BTW, the link http://jsonld.com/video/ leads to a 404 Error. A much better resource is http://schema.org/VideoObject.

Hope this helps
psy

• Like 1

Hi @psy,

Thanks for sharing your module!  I've been trying out your module and I'm aware that I don't have to use the default schemas and can use overrides, but I have a few questions:

@gmclelland Thanks for the feedback . This was my first module, dipping my toe in so to speak. I found the whole schema thing confusing and the module could definitely do with an update. Have taken your suggestions on board - plus a few other things I've learnt about json-ld schemas in the interim - and hope to release an update in the new year

Good to hear psy!  Looking forward to trying it.  I just started learning about JSON-LD, and your module and readme.txt with the links helped point me in the right direction.

19 hours ago, psy said:

I found the whole schema thing confusing

I've found it very confusing as well.  The JSON-LD and Google documentation doesn't exactly say when or what pages you should use Website schema vs Webpage.  Does the Organization markup go on every page, or just the homepage of the website? etc..etc...

• Like 1

I keep getting undefined index 'image'

Tried several ways to get rid of this error.

What is recommended/correct way to add the code for the images in the template?

Hello Psy,

I currently have this and it looks like images are outputted

I must have made a stupid mistake somewhere. On another site I got it working in one time.

$jsonld = $modules->get('MarkupJsonLDSchema'); ?>
    <script type="application/ld+json">
<?php
        switch ($page->template) {

case 'product':

$options = array(
                    'logo' => $pages->get(1)->logo->size(200, 200),
                    'image' => $page->images->first()->size(200, 200)
                );
                echo $jsonld->render('Product', $options);
                //  echo $jsonld->render('BreadcrumbList');
                break;
            case 'categorieen':
                $options_c = array(
                    'description' => $page->summary,
                    'image' => $pages->get(1092)->images->first()->size(200, 200)
                );
                echo $jsonld->render('Product', $options_c);
                echo $jsonld->render('BreadcrumbList');
                break;
            default:
                $options = array(
                );
                echo $jsonld->render('WebPage', $options);
                echo $jsonld->render('LocalBusiness');
                break;
        }
        ?>

</script>

Thanks for sharing @webhoes

Glad it's working for you.

Schema's are confusing and you can always write your own and add them to the schema dir of the module (and share here of course!)

One thing you may want to check... you're outputting several schemas within one <script> tag... maybe you need to enclose them in brackets, eg:

<script>[
    .... your output schemas ....
]<script>

to show multiple json arrays within one script tag. No expert here and would appreciate comments/recommendations from others.

Cheers

psy

I don't understand them either. Was just working based of the sample's. I googled and it does not seem to matter if you use one block or more. I did quick and dirty fix... looking like this. Note I always have atleast 2 schemes and therefor kinda hardcoded the brackets. There is also a ',' between 2 schemes.

<?php
    $jsonld = $modules->get('MarkupJsonLDSchema'); ?>
    <script type="application/ld+json">[
<?php
        switch ($page->template) {

case 'product':

$options = array(
                );
                echo $jsonld->render('Product', $options) . ",";
                break;
            case 'categorieen':
                $options_c = array(
                    'description' => $page->summary,
                    'image' => $pages->get(1092)->images->first()->size(200, 200)
                );
                echo $jsonld->render('Product', $options_c) . ",";
                break;
            default:
                $options = array(
                );
                echo $jsonld->render('WebPage', $options) . ",";
                echo $jsonld->render('LocalBusiness') . ",";
                break;
        }
        ?>

]</script>
  • Like 3

BTW, if you use width() you get a cached image with name-200-0.jp. That means it has no height and therefor is not really an image. Using size() gets a correct image.

• Like 2

I was reading a thread about Structured Data, is it possible to use this module to generate the AggregateRating? 

See MarcoPLY example. Thank you.

• Like 1