• Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


psy last won the day on August 9 2017

psy had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

240 Excellent

About psy

  • Rank
    Sr. Member

Contact Methods

  • Website URL

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Not Telling

Recent Profile Visitors

1,981 profile views
  1. @rajo forgot to mention in my post above... welcome back to ProcessWire
  2. You could look at @kongondo's Blog Module for your News site and this thread may give you some ideas on how to cut down front end development time
  3. There are loads of favicon generators. I generally use then point the link href to the appropriate directory & file
  4. Maybe make the form action '/' and then specify the actual URL in the js code rather than pulling it from the form?
  5. @Macrura Agree 100%. I view Canvas as an extended Bootstrap toolkit - use the bits I want, disregard the rest and add my own custom code without having to reinvent the wheel when I need a particular feature. It in no way limits my options for original design while saving me time & money on FE development. Anyway, works for me and each to their own
  6. For those interested in what's possible with the Canvas template suite & PW, below are a few examples. PS: all recommendations in the Showcase posts actioned and I'm NOT a themeforest affiliate. These HTML templates simply make my front-end-dev work easier. - also in the PW Showcase forum at and another biz owned by the same client, - this one uses @kongondo 's blog module - also in the PW Showcase forum at
  7. @gmclelland Thanks for the feedback . This was my first module, dipping my toe in so to speak. I found the whole schema thing confusing and the module could definitely do with an update. Have taken your suggestions on board - plus a few other things I've learnt about json-ld schemas in the interim - and hope to release an update in the new year
  8. May or may not help... was getting a similar, but not quite the same, error after adding a single auto-load module. Forgot that bit and tried to load it again in a template with a local variable, eg: $mymodule = $modules->get('myModule'); Ambiguous error was: Error: Exception: Unknown Selector operator: '' -- was your selector value properly escaped? (in /home/xxx/xxx/wire/core/Selectors.php line 378) TracyDebugger's error description was no more helpful than the PW logs. While the error message was correct, it didn't truly reflect the cause of the problem. Only by disabling modules (in my case easier cos all worked before adding this particular module), and screening template code, was I able to resolve the problem. Solution for me was to access module's methods as static functions, eg "myModule::someFunction()" in the template. Key difference between 2.x & 3.x is namespaces. Is there a function used by index.php line 64 in your template (or _init.php or ready.php) that needs a namespace (or \)?
  9. @LAPS I haven't used conditional hooks. Instead, I'd have written it as: wire()->addHookAfter('Pages::saveReady', function($event) { $page = $event->arguments('page'); if ($page->template != 'user') return; $page->of(false); $page->title = $page->last_name . " " . $page->first_name; $event->return = $page; });
  10. @LAPS just noticed you have Page('template=user')::saveReady. Try changing it to Pages('template=user')::saveReady - ie Pages, not Page
  11. @LAPS hrmm... here is a similar hook that I use and it works fine: /***** Ensure the $page->seo->title field is not empty */ wire()->addHookAfter('Pages::saveReady', function($event) { $page = $event->arguments(0); $t = wire()->templates->get($page->template); if($t->hasField("seo_title") && !$page->seo_title) { $title = $page->get('headline|title'); $page->of(false); $page->seo_title = $title; $event->return = $page; } });
  12. Did you try turning off formatting before changing the page field data? wire()->addHookAfter('Page(template=user)::saveReady', function($event) { $page = $event->arguments('page'); $page->of(false); $page->title = $page->last_name . " " . $page->first_name; $event->return = $page; });
  13. @heldercervantes Oops... shared your great blog post on FaceBook and concerned it may have gone viral
  14. @tpr Thank you for this great module. Note to self: When your site is doing something fabulous and you can't remember for the life of you how you did it, check AOS first
  15. I've used for a number of sites and found it covers most of my front end requirements. It has a heap of page templates that are easy to convert to PW templates and individualise for client site looks.