Module: XML Sitemap

Pete

I updated my client's website with new version 1.0.5 of this module and my sitemap.xml doesn't work anymore, when I launch http://www.fmmhindusociety.com/sitemap.xml, it give me 404 error so I reverted back to version 1.0.3 which work as expected.

Hosting is on windows platform with godaddy, just for your info.

Have you LanguageLocalizedURL module installed? I guess not. I can't see where that 404 is coming from. I'm currently trying around and it works.

If you don't have language urls installed there's no need to update to 1.0.5 already. Sorry for the confusion I created here.

Soma, I don't have LanguageLocalizedURL module installed. I already reverted to v1.0.3 which I had before.

Just wondering if I want to install latest & greatest XMLSitemap module then I need to have LanguageLocalizedURL module installed? correct? I think if its then probably Pete needs to update installation instructions with dependencies of other modules.

Yeah its the 404 page. So no error.

The only thing I can imagine is that this code doesn't work for you and so since sitemap.xml isnt a page it shows 404 page. I don't know why it wouldn't work.

if (strpos($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'],  '/sitemap.xml') !== FALSE) {
    $this->addHookAfter("Page::render",$this,"renderSitemap");
}

Pete. There's a missing $langname = ''; #36, the sitemap won't work if debug mode enabled, as the markupcache uses $langname and throws a warning that will give a header already sent error.

SOmehow fmgujju seems another problem as if it shows a 404 page, which means the modules doesn't get executed at all or the most likely the init code strpos check doesn't hold true for some reason (the only I changed)

I made some changes to get rid of the 404 problem and changes some minor stuff to then work with LanguageLocalizedURL module too.

fmgujju

could you please take that code https://github.com/somatonic/MarkupSitemapXML/blob/master/MarkupSitemapXML.module and test if it solves your issue before pete accepts the pull request? Thanks

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@totoff, it keeps the cache for an hour and then re-caches the entire sitemap so it does 24 updates a day to keep current on even the most active sites.

@Georgson - no problem!

• Like 1

Pete, just a heads-up that I sent you a pull request regarding Multisite support and a pile of other changes I thought were necessary/useful.. :)

Edit: as an afterthought, should probably have sent those as separate pull requests. Not familiar enough with GitHub yet. I hope there's some way to choose which commits you're willing to merge (if any.)

Also: didn't read this thread properly before making changes, so I've managed to miss all this 404-related stuff.

One of those commits would change hook from Page::render to ProcessPageView::pageNotFound, which shouldn't break anything (except that it changes slightly those cases where sitemap gets rendered, which was exactly my intention) but that might be slightly dangerous still. Works OK on those platforms where I've had the chance to test it, but that may not be good enough yet.

Edited by teppo
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi there - 

I'm having a little trouble getting this to work. I'm getting the same error that was mentioned earlier, namely this:

Error: Exception: Unable to create path: /f5/thesharktankproducts/public/site/assets/cache/MarkupCache/MarkupSitemapXML/ (in /f5/thesharktankproducts/public/wire/core/CacheFile.php line 62)

My site/assets/cache folder's permissions are currently set to 777.

I also uninstalled Markup Cache and Markup XML, then reinstalled them (Cache first, and newest version of XML), with no luck.

I'm running PW 2.3.0.

I have what I think is the PW default site-map available here: http://thesharktankproducts.com/site-map/ but that's not readable by Google Webmaster Tools.

I would be very grateful for any insights. Thanks!

Hi there - 

I'm having a little trouble getting this to work. I'm getting the same error that was mentioned earlier, namely this:

Error: Exception: Unable to create path: /f5/thesharktankproducts/public/site/assets/cache/MarkupCache/MarkupSitemapXML/ (in /f5/thesharktankproducts/public/wire/core/CacheFile.php line 62)

My site/assets/cache folder's permissions are currently set to 777.

I also uninstalled Markup Cache and Markup XML, then reinstalled them (Cache first, and newest version of XML), with no luck.

Just to make sure: does /site/assets/cache/MarkupCache/ directory exist and if it does, is it also writable (either 777 permissions or writable by web server?)

Just to make sure: does /site/assets/cache/MarkupCache/ directory exist and if it does, is it also writable (either 777 permissions or writable by web server?)

Yes it exists and the permission is set to 777.

Not sure if this is helpful/relevant, but I only just migrated it from my local server to the host server last night. I just copied the files to the host server, and changed the config.php file to connect to the correct server. Is this possibly something that could be causing the error?

EDIT: Just checked the XML sitemap on my local install and it is working there.

OK, so i also just discovered I am not able to upload images. I had Filezilla set all the directories in my site to 777 and tried again with no luck. This now seems like a separate issue. Something with my host I'm guessing.

I'll start a new thread. Sorry!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am getting the following error after attempting to access website.com/sitemap.xml

Running ProcessWire 2.3 on local machine.

post-609-0-41969500-1370888735_thumb.png

EDIT: I downloaded and replaced the *.module with the latest one from github, still error persists.

I'll uninstall in the meantime

:)