Pages2Pdf

Wanze

• 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, a-ok said:

Is it possible to assign a PDF filename via a hook? I want to assign a different filename (custom, not using {page.id} etc) for different pages.

Probably.

You can also do this and use variables.

$print_date = date("jMY"time());
    $pdf->save();
    $pdf->download('Logbook - ' . $drone->title . ' - ' . $print_date . '.pdf');

Hi,

I would build a website with embedded videos (because of used video source maybe need to use iframe...) and would like to export sites to PDFs. Before I start with PW / pages2pdf... is it possible to export a page to pdf with the embedded video? Anyone tested that use case?

Regards

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, i need some help from you prefessionals.

I need to generate multiple pdf´s on the same page but with different content and styling.

So you could have the folder for example

/pages2pdf

_footer.php, _header.php, _default.php, styles.css

_footer2.php, _header2.php, _default2.php, styles2.css

etc..

This is my generated button from the module i have now. So i need multiple buttons on the same page that generates different content and styling.

<?php $options = array(
              'title' => 'Print PDF',
              'markup' => '<a href="{url}" target="_blank" title="OFFERT" rel="noopener"><div class="button secondary-button">OFFERT</div></a>',
              'page_id' => '', // Pass a page ID if you want to download the PDF for another page
            );
              echo $modules->get('Pages2Pdf')->render($options);?>

Is that possible? Please somebody help...

Hi @Flashmaster82

I need to generate multiple pdf´s on the same page but with different content and styling.

In this case you need to use the module "WirePDF" bundled in the Pages2Pdf module. You can use WirePDF to generate PDFs with custom content and styling. The readme has some examples how to do this: https://github.com/wanze/Pages2Pdf#wirepdf

I suggest to also take a look at other existing ProcessWire PDF modules, as this one is really old and not maintained actively - it still works though ?

Cheers

• Like 3

For anyone with the same problem here is my code for generating custom and multiple pdf´s on the same page with different content and styling.

<?php
        $pdf = $modules->get('WirePDF');

$pdf->markupMain = $config->paths->templates . '/pages2pdf/custom.php';
        $pdf->markupFooter = $config->paths->templates . '/pages2pdf/custom_footer.php';
        $pdf->cssFile = $this->config->paths->templates . '/pages2pdf/custom_style.css';

$pdf->pageOrientation = 'P';
        $pdf->pageFormat = 'A4';
        $pdf->bottomMargin = 10;

$pdf->save('pages2pdf/custom.pdf');

echo "<a href='{$config->urls->templates}pages2pdf/custom.pdf' download>Download PDF</a>";    
        ?>

• Like 3

Also if you want to preview the PDF when working on the styling. I added ob_clean(); because otherwise it only works in Firefox.

<?php            
        $pdf = $modules->get('WirePDF');

ob_clean();

$pdf->markupMain = $config->paths->templates . 'pages2pdf/custom.php';
        $pdf->markupFooter = $config->paths->templates . 'pages2pdf/custom_footer.php';
        $pdf->cssFile = $this->config->paths->templates . 'pages2pdf/custom_style.css';

$pdf->pageOrientation = 'P';
        $pdf->pageFormat = 'A4';
        $pdf->bottomMargin = 10;

$pdf->download('pages2pdf/custom.pdf');

echo "<a href='{$config->urls->templates}pages2pdf/custom.pdf' download>Download PDF</a>";    
        ?>

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Hello everyone.

I started a while ago with processwire and I like it a lot ?

But now I ran into some problems with pages2pdf and I hope someone has a solution for those problems:

1. I try to add pictures (mostly pngs) into a pdf but some aren't shown and I can't tell why. 
The picture are shown on the webpage but not in the created PDF: 
image.png.eded932dc88e40578fc491f2e18f6fa7.png

I create them with this command: $picture->size(100)->httpUrl
It works for some pictures but not for all. I think it has something to to with the way processwire creates the smaller picture because it works fine with this command: $picture->httpUrl when I remove the size command.

2. to make it even more complicated, some pictures aren't even visible with this command. Maybe it's a problem with the transparency from png. but other formats and some pictures without transparancy are also affected.

I would be happy if someone has a tip or could tell me what I'm doing wrong or if there is a setting to change, thanks.

Hello @bernhardthanks for your suggestion but filename works only for the picture where httpUrl is also working.

I don't think it's a problem with the links but with the way the original picture are created. mostly pictures with a white or black background instead of as transparent one are working fine. ?

• 8 months later...

Hi everybody.

I'm using this module in a site, either in hooks and in page API and it works fine.
(Actually in page API mPdf generates a deprecated method  - v5.7 - that I suppress with a postponed @, but all work fine.)

Now I'm trying to use it in an AJAX call, handled by another hook "ProcessPageView::execute", but I get an exception due a Page::localName as a method that doesn't exist or is not callable. (in /wire/core/Wire.php line 564)

For me it's a strange behavior: why this exception in wire.php? And only with ajax call?

I'm not sure, but I think it could depend by a "<br/>" outputted in the JSON parse (from where?), this is the message of the inspector:

XHRGEThttps://pdftestsite.com/create-pdf/?page=3527
[HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error 234ms]

SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data

1 <br />
4 Hmm… Error:   Exception: Method Page::localName does not exist or is not callable in this context (in /wire/core/Wire.php line 564)
6 #0 /wire/core/Page.php(1808): ProcessWire\Wire->___callUnknown('localName', Array)
7 #1 /wire/core/Wire.php(420): ProcessWire\Page->___callUnknown('localName', Array)
8 #2 /wire/core/WireHooks.php(951): ProcessWire\Wire->_callMethod('___callUnknown', Array)
9 #3 /wire/core/Wire.php(485): ProcessWire\WireHooks->runHooks(Object(ProcessWire\Page), 'callUnknown', Array)
10 #4 /wire/core/Wire.php(488): ProcessWire\Wire->__call('callUnknown', Array)
11 #5 /site/modules/Pages2Pdf/Pages2Pdf.module(506): ProcessWire\Wire->__call('localName', Array)
12 #6 /site/modules/Pages2Pdf/Pages2Pdf.module(261): Pages2Pdf->getPDFFilename(Object(ProcessWire\Page),  
14 This error message was shown because: you are logged in as a Superuser. Error has been logged.

Does anyone have any idea?

At the moment I solved with a in page if($input->get->savepdf) statement, but I prefer to use ajax for a much better controls of the responses.

For completeness of information, this is the function invoked from the ajax call, but I'm quite sure it's correct:

Spoiler

// WIRE TRANSFER: Generate PDF 
    // WIP - mPdf generates errors for deprecated methods
    private function create_pdf() {

// if AJAX call
        if (wire('config')->ajax){

$pageID = $_GET['page'];
            $page = wire('pages')->get('id='.$pageID);

header('Content-Type: application/json');

if (!wire('user')->isLoggedIn()){
                echo json_encode([ 'result' => 'error', 'message' => __('User not recognized', '/site/templates/vouchers/translations/_vouchers.php') ]);
                exit();      
            }
            if (!$page->id){
                echo json_encode([ 'result' => 'error', 'message' => __('Voucher page not found', '/site/templates/vouchers/translations/_vouchers.php') ]);
                exit();      
            }

if ($page->id){

// GET user_lang and Create fresh PDF
                $lang_id = wire('languages')->get('name='.$page->user_lang_name);
                // Create file in user language
                wire('modules')->get('Pages2Pdf')->createPDF($page, wire('languages')->getLanguage($lang_id));                

sleep(1);

if($page->user_lang_name == 'default'){   
                    // Adding pdf into pageFile ( Carico il file pdf e lo trovo nella pagina del voucher )
                    $pdfVoucher = wire('config')->paths->files.$page->id.'/'.$page->name.'-'.$page->id.'.pdf';
                    // Verificare con effettiva creazione file
                    if (file_exists($pdfVoucher)){
                        // $page->warning($pdfVoucher);
                        // $page->of(false);
                        $page->pdf_voucher->add($pdfVoucher);
                        $page->save('pdf_voucher');
                        // $page->of(true);
                    }
                } else {
                    $pdfVoucher = null;
                }

// MULTILANGUAGE
                if($page->user_lang_name == 'en'){
                    // Verificare con effettiva creazione file
                    $pdfVoucherEN = wire('config')->paths->files.$page->id.'/'.$page->name.'-'.$page->id.'-en.pdf';
                    if (file_exists($pdfVoucherEN)){
                        // $page->warning($pdfVoucherEN);
                        // $page->of(false);
                        $page->pdf_voucher->add($pdfVoucherEN);
                        $page->save('pdf_voucher');
                        // $page->of(true);
                    }
                } else {
                    $pdfVoucherEN = null;
                }                

if ((file_exists($pdfVoucher)) || (file_exists($pdfVoucherEN))){
                    echo json_encode([ 'result' => 'ok', 'message' => wire('config')->paths->files.$page->id.'/'.$page->name.'-'.$page->id, 'pageID' => $page->id, 'entryID' => $page->entry_id]);
                    exit();
                } else {
                    echo json_encode([ 'result' => 'error', 'message' => __('PDF NOT generated.'), 'pageID' => $page->id, 'entryID' => $page->entry_id]);
                    exit();                    
                }
            }

} else {
            echo 'Invalid AJAX call.';
            exit();  
        }

}

6 minutes ago, Cybermano said:

I'm not sure, but I think it could depend by a "<br/>" outputted in the JSON parse (from where?)
Does anyone have any idea?

I also thought about a problem with the page name (on multilanguage): in fact I'm stunned with all the "___callUnknown('localName', Array)" errors...
Could it be due the array structure of the page name on multilanguage ('data' for default lang, and a kind of 'nameXXXX' for the other languages) ?
If so, I never received a similar error before... not in page API, not in hooks, not AJAX...

• 5 weeks later...

Since I had to update more and more projects lately and also the PHP version of some of these projects was set to >=8 in the meantime I created a fork of the module and updated mPDF to version 8.1.3.

With only some small changes in the WirePDF module I can now continue to use Pages2PDF without any restrictions.

Maybe this is helpful for someone.

https://github.com/markusthomas/Pages2Pdf

• Like 5