ProcessWire on the web

apeisa

Thx for sharing @zoeck It's always a little disturbing to read comments on such posts... So many wrong assumptions and judgements...

This main.php is cruel... reminds me of my beginnings as an intern ?

It's such a shame...

ProcessWire is such a brilliant and powerful tool. I've been working with PW extensively for several years now and still sometimes get the feeling that I'm just scratching the surface...

And with all that power and complexity (beauty) behind the scenes ProcessWire still looks like something that even an intern can read and understand at first sight. How genius is that?

And how wrong is this guy with his judgement?! But I can't blame him. I was in the same situation 8 years ago... I think that is a quite common reaction. And I wonder if we could do something about that. Or if we should? I don't know ?

• Like 6

Yes .... 1) It is very hard to compare PW with other cms systems and 2) It takes a lot of PW use to begin to see the appliance potential of it ..... and 3) because most reviewers simply do not spend time with 1) and 2) their reviews are based on habitual thinking they have grown with other cms systems ....

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, ottogal said:

A really great write-up! Should find its way into the Showcase...!

Yes! Seriously, someone pls email @ryan about this. If no one else will do it, I'll do it.

My new favorite ProcessWire infographic:

ijgi-07-00134-g003.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

ProcessWire is mentioned in at least the first 6 minutes. I had already stumbled upon this video before but hadn't really watched it.
Part of the video description: "Benjamin Milde takes some of his favourite CMS’ – ProcessWire – underlying implementations for data querying and storage layout and reimagine those using ecto."

• Like 3

There is perhaps a dedicated thread for this, but I don't remember where it is. Fell free to move this post (or to remove it after at least a few people have noticed it).

Just after the ProcessWire comments on HN, there is a comment about Wagtails CMS. If ProcessWire didn't exist there are chances I would already be using it.

They have redesigned their website, again after a few years, and just seeing the less than 1 minute video with Live previews (perhaps soon in the core for ProcessWire without the (mandatory) need to use the automatic save module), block splitting, content map/minimap in the page editor..., the Why Wagtails section menu among other things (perhaps even using this kind of menu), I think it would be time to rethink the ProcessWire website. It has already been discussed several times by many people.

Also, for example, why hide What you'll love and Why ProcessWire under About.

At each important stage in the life of ProcessWire, the website structure and content should be adapted/updated, etc. to follow the evolution of ProcessWire.

For example, they now have Wagtail AI. The Fluency module and its complementary module ProcessTemplatePage, Tracy Debugger, and many other free or commercial modules should be featured/pinned and the list updated/changed from time to time.

Their last website version was already nice, but now it seems even better.

(If it were me I would like to have the new website created with CSS Grid - and flexbox if it was really needed and in places where it would be better to use it than CSS Grid.)

We should reopen/restart/open the/a thread or find a way to collaborate and/or make this happen by one way or another. 
How could we propose/suggest ideas/clear "implementations" to @ryan?
Etc.

It was me, almost/in part talking to myself.

I think I'll ask a moderator to remove this post in a few days or weeks. It is too "messy", with "random" thoughts and a lot of them not mentioned.

Have all a nice week(end)!

Added: the multi-site support and multi-instance pages and case studies could be more quickly visible/discovered/discoverable, featured, etc.
Same with multi-language/multilingual projects, etc.

Edited by Christophe
  • Like 1