Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Hi, I have an ongoing issue with Google SEO that I can't seem to fix. Wondering if anyone has come across a similar situation?
We deployed a new version of the website using a new deployment methodology and unfortunately, the wrong robots.txt file was deployed basically telling Googlebot not to scrape the site.
The end result is that if our target keywords are used for a (Google) search, our website is displayed on the search page with "No information is available for this page."
Google provides a link to fix this situation on the search listing, but so far everything I have tried in it hasn't fixed the situation.
I was wondering if anyone has gone through this scenario and what was the steps to remedy it?
Or perhaps it has worked and I have misunderstood how it works?
The steps I have tried in the Google Webmaster Tool :
Gone through all crawl errors Restored the Robots.txt file and Verified with Robots.txt tester Fetch/Fetch and Render as Google as both Desktop/Mobile, using root URL and other URLs, using Indexing Requested / Indexing Requested for URL and Linked Pages. Uploaded a new Sitemap.xml Particularly on the Sitemap page, it says 584 submitted, 94 indexed.
Would the Search Engine return "No Information available" because the page is not indexed? The pages I'm searching for are our 2 most popular keywords and entry points into site. It's also one of 2 most popular category pages. So I'm thinking it probably isn't the case but ...
How can I prove / disprove the category pages are being indexed?
The site in questions is Sprachspielspass.de. The keywords to search are fingerspiele and kindergedichte.
What build tools do people use with processwire? Most build tools I have tried are either solely designed for single-page applications or don't support bundling npm packages.
So far, I have been downloading third-party libraries and including them in my html. While this works, it isn't great when you want to update to a newer version. It also involves committing often hundreds of files not associated with the project when using git. For this reason, I would like to use a package manager to handle all of the updating for me and keeping my git directory nice and clean. After doing some research, it seems that npm is by far the most popular package manager. I find this strange considering it was designed for ndoe.js which is server side software but I can look past that.
I have had some experience with webpack when I was learning how to use Vue.js for making single page applications. For that purpose, it worked pretty well but was also extremely confusing at first. Everywhere I go I see webpack being recommended as the number one build tool for front-end web applications. However, I have struggled to get it working with anything that isn't a single-page application. It seems to be designed to bundle everything into one or two js files. This doesn't really work in a setup like processwire. I would like to be able to import certain css and js into pages only as needed. For instance, if I only need a slideshow on one page, it doesn't make sense to include the code that does that on every page. That's not to say you won't have some global css and js. I additionally don't like how complicated it is to setup a webpack project and how webpack imports css inside js files.
I decided to try Brunch which boasts being simpler than other build tools, including webpack. I must say, I am fairly impressed with it so far with it's ease of use. But I once again ran into the problem of it being designed for single-page applications. For example, I wanted to use lightbox on a few pages. After installing it from npm, I couldn't figure out a good way to include it's css. Brunch has a setting that let's you include styles from npm packages but it includes them globally. This means every single processwire page would have css for displaying lightboxes even when I don't need them. This would work but seems to go against the whole idea of being modular. I am also trying to use uikit as an npm package to no avail. I found somebody else with similar issues but was never answered:
I noticed that ryan opted to just include a static version of uikit in AdminThemeUikit. Is this the recommended way of doing things? Have I got it all wrong? Doesn't this introduce pains whenever uikit needs updating?
All I want is a better way to handle all my dependencies. I have been looking for the correct way to do this and it's beginning to drive me insane
I would like every new Site Profile like new REGULAR Profile to have modern support for quick creation like browser sync, minify css, js . Something on the style below:
One profile that does not have any CSS frontend attached but has the features needed to quickly add eg pagination, comment form, or site menu something like:
I'm not very godd with js but webpack.js meybe is good for this solution ... I would like to know what advanced users in the front end think about this combination and what would be the best ...
I've recently run into a trouble with translatable strings in my template files. Shortly speaking translatable strings show up properly in language panel, I can create and save translations, everything looks just fine in backend. The problem is that the only outputed value is the hardcoded one. It's definitely not a problem with template code itself because this happened even on simple test template with a translatable string alone.
There are no errors, I don't see anything special in logs. I just recently moved site from my local server to my ftp. There were some issues with paths in language files, but I have fixed it. It's the newest dev version of PW. I really don't have idea where to look, I'm fighting with this second day, and slowly loosing my nerves.