This module hooks into the login method to provide the possibility to login with the user's email address. This is my first module and it's very simple. Please provide feedback if you have any suggestions. Thanks :)

The module can be found in the module repository:

https://modules.processwire.com/modules/login-with-email/

or on github:

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, noelboss said:

This module hooks into the login method to provide the possibility to login with the user's email address. This is my first module and it's very simple. Please provide feedback if you have any suggestions. Thanks :)

Any information on how to access this new module would be helpful?  Thanks.

• Like 1

Hi @noelboss - you might want to consider the issue of triggering a login attempt when there is no user for the entered email address: 

• Like 2

I have a similar module in use. For security reasons I verify if only one single user has the login email address in use. Emails aren't unique in PW like user names! Furthermore its useful to log login failures. Keep the ProcessWire Login Process safe!

• Like 2

Thanks @adrian since it hooks into the default login method, this should already happen. The module does only provide a username of the user to the login method if it finds a user with the provided email. Like so:

Login attempt using default method

> hook: check if entered username is in fact email > check if (only one) user exists with this email > return users username for login

Default login method procedes.

@kixe Thanks for pointing this out. I added this check like the new login module from ryan does it. A login with email is now only possible if the email is unique. 

• Like 2

NOTE - the great feature of this module has become an option in ProcessWire Core (newer than 3.0.150), also supporting 2FA there.

Read more

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Andi
      Getting a little deeper into the ProcessWire state-of-mind here. I seriously think I wouldn't have come back to webdev if it wasn't for this wonderful little gem of a CMS.
      I have an "Options" field added to all users on a site. If the user has anything other then "default" selected, I would like to show a permanent message in the admin like the one in the screenshot, only so that the user can't close it. As a friendly reminder that he changed that option from default to something crazy 🙂
      I've read up on how to send messages to users, but where would I hook into to make this show up all the time in the backend?
      https://processwire.com/api/ref/wire/message/
      Thanks in advance!

• By rushy
      Hi all
      Continuing my first project where I am creating and manipulating stuff from the frontend. Till now I've always added things like images from the backend, but in this project I need to add and move images from a frontend control. This is a photo album where images are stored in albums, each album being a page containing a Pageimages array in the usual way. So what I want to know is how do I move an image from one album (page) to another in the frontend? I just need some guidance on how to approach this.  I suppose I need to do a copy and delete - but how do I copy an image or images from one page to another? What function should I use to create a new image on an existing page? I include a code snippet from the server side of my delete image request and it works fine. I'd like to implement something similar for a move and upload new image request. 
      Many thanks for any help. Paul 
      <?php namespace ProcessWire; // sanitize inputs as 1-line text $action = $sanitizer->text($input->post('action')); $instr = $sanitizer->text($input->post('input')); $sel = $input->post('selected'); // Expect JSON for image selected image list $selected = json_decode($sel); $nosel = count($selected); $response = array(); // for building JSON response switch($action) { // delete selected images case 'delete': $out = "<p>Deleted $nosel image(s)</p>"; foreach($selected as $item){ $album = $pages->get($item->album); $album->of(false); $out .= "<p>Image {$item->file} from album {$album->title}</p>"; $album->images->delete($item->file); $album->of(true); } $out .= saveUpdatedAlbums($pages, $selected); // add the response message for the delete $response['message'] = $out; break; ...... // save any album that had an image deleted function saveUpdatedAlbums($pages, $selected) { $cur = ''; $out = ''; foreach($selected as $item){ $album = $pages->get($item->album); if($album->id != $cur) { $album->of(false); $album->save('images'); $album->of(true); $cur = $album->id; $out .= "<p>Updated album {$pages->get($cur)->title}</p>"; } } return $out; }  

• By hellomoto
      I can't tell what's wrong; my local development version appears just fine, but I copy over the site files and db online and the homepage content is not being contained. This is what it should look like (same site in the same browser, running on my localhost): http://imgur.com/UFZFzrd
      What could be the problem here? Sorry to bring up something so irrelevant to PW here, I just know that you all are a valiant and helpful group, and no one on StackExchange seems to even know what I'm talking about.
      Thanks a lot.
    • By BitPoet
      Here's a small new module that adds a "Manage tags" button to the template list, just like the field list already has.
      Easily add, remove and change tags for your templates.
      https://github.com/BitPoet/TemplateTagsEditList

• By rushy
      Bit of a newbie type question, even though I've been using PW for quite a while, I've not had to manipulate assets from the front end before.  I now have a need to update image properties from the front end and I'm trying to update an image description and tags when clicking on a link. I get the selected image and for example I can delete it with the code below. But I am missing some basic understanding when updating image description field as nothing happens, no errors but the description field remains empty. Any idea what steps I am missing? Many thanks. 
      // how to update image description? $al = $pages->get($album); $pgfile = $al->images->getFile($file); $al->of(false); $pgfile->description = "Test description"; $al->save(); // to delete an image - this works $al->of(false); $al->images->delete($file); $al->save();