Recurme – Processwire Recurring Dates Field & Custom Calendar Module.

joshuag

13 hours ago, Juergen said:

Works also with UiKit calendar and Bootstrap calendar if you are using a framwork. If you are using UiKit calendar you can make fe a template which outputs all the calendar dates in a json array. Then you can load this template (or lets say the event dates) via ajax into the UiKit calendar template engine. Its very easy.

@Juergen Sorry if I miss something, but where do you find a calendar component at Uikit (https://getuikit.com/docs/introduction)?

I'm having an issue when trying to uninstall the Recurme module (v1.0.1) - after checking "Uninstall" and submitting I get a fatal error from PHP timeout (60 seconds).

The issue occurs when trying to uninstall from any of the Recurme sub-modules.

5 hours ago, Juergen said:

Sorry, @totoff,

my fault. It mean the Fullcalendar. I use it with Uikit markup (badges,..) so I always call it "UiKit calendar". This was a mistake. Anyway, you can use it with recurme. Here you can find the Bootstrap calendar. Both are available on Jsdelivr CDN. So no need to include the files locally.

Best regards

would you mind share some code of your uikit implementation? sounds very interesting. if so, please pm me. thanks.

Sorry @totoff, but I have no example here at the moment, but Fullcalendar provides some render functions. I have used them to manipulate the output via Jquery. Fe adding Uikit classes to the buttons (uk-button) and so on. This was the way I have done some manipulations to the calendar. Take a look at this functions and use standard Jquery code to add classes, markup and so on. The calendar itself doesnt need to be manipulated, but as I have written above I have used UiKit markup at the buttons and I have used Uikit badges for the events in the calendar and Uikit tooltips after hovering a link . That was it.

• Like 1

Is it not possible to use recurme within an Repeater? In Repeater Matrix it works, so it is not a big problem, but for my purpose a repeater would suffice...

BTW great module and support, Joshua!

8 minutes ago, pideluxe said:

Is it not possible to use recurme within an Repeater? In Repeater Matrix it works, so it is not a big problem, but for my purpose a repeater would suffice...

BTW great module and support, Joshua!

I have been working on regular repeater support, but it's not quite there. The current problem is that the event object is taking its data from the parent page, in the case of a repeater, it's the repeater page (not what we want). So I have to do a bit more work detecting if it's in a repeater and use getForPage() to populate the event object. A couple other little details. Getting close, but still not there. 

It's coming though! 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, joshuag said:

I have been working on regular repeater support, but it's not quite there. The current problem is that the event object is taking its data from the parent page, in the case of a repeater, it's the repeater page (not what we want). So I have to do a bit more work detecting if it's in a repeater and use getForPage() to populate the event object. A couple other little details. Getting close, but still not there. 

It's coming though! 

Sounds great, thanks for the quick answer!

• 4 weeks later...

I am having a complete failure to comprehend the way this field is structured, so while I can use the provided examples to render a list or calendar, from the individual pages I can't manage to access the individual date(s) in the field.

I sent this question to the help email address on Tuesday but haven't received an answer and I'd like to wrap up what seems like it should be a simple thing.

While working on the template for an event page, how do I specify the RecurMe dates from within that template using $page->xxx?

For instance I would normally echo a dateTime field like:

$datefield = $page->datefield;
$pubdate = strftime('j M Y', $datefield);
echo $pubdate; // outputs nothing

But since my recurme field, $page->eventsort, is an array(?), I figured I’d have to crack open the array first like so:

$eventsort = $page->eventsort;
foreach ($eventsort as $event) { //it loops through one $event because there is only a non-repeating day listed.
   $pubdate = $event->startDate;
   echo strftime('j M Y', $pubdate); // outputs nothing
}

I used startDate because when I once got the array to output, that was what was listed there. But this returns null. Same with start_date/date/any $event page fields listed in the faqs

I also tried :

$event = $page;
$newsdate = $recurme->event($event); //not sure this is any different than attempting to call $page->xxx?
$nd = $newsdate->start_date;
echo strftime('j M Y', $nd); // outputs "j M Y" on the page.

I've looked in the module files, and in the ready.php hook on page 1 of this thread to see how to take apart the field data, but nothing I've tried has worked.

So rather than continue chasing my tail, I thought I might as you for help with this as well. Thanks!

Hi creativeJay,

Sorry about the slow response. I was away from email yesterday. 

You are correct, It was returning NOTHING if you didn't toggle active. I have fixed it in the attached file. 

Thank you for bringing this to my attention!

Please download the fixed file here:
MarkupRecurme.module

On 23/06/2017 at 0:12 AM, Robin S said:

I'm having an issue when trying to uninstall the Recurme module (v1.0.1) - after checking "Uninstall" and submitting I get a fatal error from PHP timeout (60 seconds).

The issue occurs when trying to uninstall from any of the Recurme sub-modules.

Hi @joshuag - any update on this issue? Are you able to reproduce the issue at your end?

16 hours ago, Robin S said:

Hi @joshuag - any update on this issue? Are you able to reproduce the issue at your end?

Hi Robin :) thanks for checking in. 

Yes, I have fixed the problem and it will be part of the updated release in the next couple days. 

Thanks,

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Is it possible to run a 'sort' selector on $recurme->find()?

When I attempt to sort by a particular field, only a single result is output. I can reverse the sort and it will output the opposite result so the sort works, but I get only one result.

On 7/21/2017 at 11:03 AM, joshuag said:

Hi Robin :) thanks for checking in. 

Yes, I have fixed the problem and it will be part of the updated release in the next couple days. 

Thanks,

Has this updated version been released yet?  Thanks

3 hours ago, DonPachi said:

Is it possible to run a 'sort' selector on $recurme->find()?

When I attempt to sort by a particular field, only a single result is output. I can reverse the sort and it will output the opposite result so the sort works, but I get only one result.

The find method needs to have a startDate and endDate to find results, then a selector. The results will always be sorted by date. Any other sort option will be ignored. If you use ->find() with out those dates, it will only return the recurme events for today  

$recurme->find($dateFrom, $dateTo, $selector)

Just now, joshuag said:

The find method needs to have a startDate and endDate to find results, then a selector. The results will always be sorted by date. Any other sort option will be ignored.

$recurme->find($dateFrom, $dateTo, $selector)

Thanks, makes complete sense. The issue I had was with a particular date outputting as AM when it was actually saved as PM so appearing before all other results.

The module is fantastic, but I'm having a consistent issue where if I enter and save a recurme field in a page it displays fine, but when I go back to edit another field on the page and save, it will begin outputting the time as AM when it was selected as PM. Going back in and altering the date fixes this until I alter another field again.

6 hours ago, cstevensjr said:

Has this updated version been released yet?  Thanks

3 hours ago, DonPachi said:

Thanks, makes complete sense. The issue I had was with a particular date outputting as AM when it was actually saved as PM so appearing before all other results.

The module is fantastic, but I'm having a consistent issue where if I enter and save a recurme field in a page it displays fine, but when I go back to edit another field on the page and save, it will begin outputting the time as AM when it was selected as PM. Going back in and altering the date fixes this until I alter another field again.

I have just sent out a general update via email that resolves the problems mentioned. Thanks everyone :)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, joshuag said:

I have just sent out a general update via email that resolves the problems mentioned.

@joshuag, you say in the email: 

I have not updated the version number or released the changelog as this is in response to a couple messages on the processwire forum

I think it would be good if you do bump the version number each time you make a release even if it is for bug fixes. Otherwise it isn't clear from the PW modules listing whether that installation has been updated to the latest version, so it's harder to keep track if you have multiple sites running Recurme.

Also, it will be easier for you in terms of support if you can ask what the installed version number is and know from that what release of Recurme the user has installed.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, joshuag said:

I have just sent out a general update via email that resolves the problems mentioned.

Hi @joshuag, unfortunately this update does not resolve the problem I am having with uninstallation. When I do the following steps... 

1. Remove the existing module files
  2. Add the updated module files
  3. Do a modules "Refresh"
  4. Clear compiled files

...I still get the PHP timeout when I try and uninstall, regardless of which sub-module I try and uninstall from. Sometimes timeouts like this are caused by a circular reference in the code. I'm wondering about the fact that each sub-module installs and uninstalls all the others. That seems non-standard to me: normally where there are multiple sub-modules there is one "main" module file that installs/uninstalls the others. The other modules only require the main module but do not install/uninstall them. See FieldtypeRepeater for example. Could there be some circularity where FieldtypeRecurme tries to uninstall ProcessRecurme, which tries to uninstall FieldtypeRecurme, which tries to... and so on?

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/6/2017 at 9:09 PM, Robin S said:

Hi @joshuag, unfortunately this update does not resolve the problem I am having with uninstallation. When I do the following steps... 

1. Remove the existing module files
  2. Add the updated module files
  3. Do a modules "Refresh"
  4. Clear compiled files

...I still get the PHP timeout when I try and uninstall, regardless of which sub-module I try and uninstall from. Sometimes timeouts like this are caused by a circular reference in the code. I'm wondering about the fact that each sub-module installs and uninstalls all the others. That seems non-standard to me: normally where there are multiple sub-modules there is one "main" module file that installs/uninstalls the others. The other modules only require the main module but do not install/uninstall them. See FieldtypeRepeater for example. Could there be some circularity where FieldtypeRecurme tries to uninstall ProcessRecurme, which tries to uninstall FieldtypeRecurme, which tries to... and so on?

Has there been any update to this last posting?  Thanks

Working on the detail page now and having a problem getting the date/time of the event to show on the page. If my page array contains this:

[calev_datetime] => {"startDate":1504821600,"endDate":false,"dates":["W36/07/Thu/Sep/2017",...,"W19/07/Wed/May/2025"],"excluded":[],"active":false,"showResults":false,"rrule":"WKST=MO;FREQ=DAILY;DTSTART=20170907T150000Z;INTERVAL=1"}

How can I get the date to output to the page like: 09/07/2017 3:00 pm? I've tried various bits and pieces to get at the startDate or the DTSTART, but always end up with a nothing on screen (in that area).