CSS / Template Framework.

Biorn

I've been thinking again that though most of Bootstrap is superfluos to my needs, what I love about using it, other than the responsive grid of course, is that I can rely on it to work well across all browsers. Not having to worry (too much) about what it looks like in IE is one less big thing to worry about.

• 2 months later...

Haven't used any of them - more a case of just throwing them out there.

I'm starting restarting a biggish project very soon and have been looking for a starting point for the site. My design skills are woeful, so any way I can draw on work others have done is a major help. 

• Like 1

I am working on a 200 page content rich Foundation based site (on ProcessWire of course)  and it is working well. We have Lots of templates and leveraging lots of the features which made it worthwhile.  What is nice is being able to focus on the site IA, the content, then layout, then layering styles on top like icing on a cake.  Noticed some bugs, but they are pretty active on the dev side at Zurb. So not to much to worry about. 

The css from foundation and bootstrap can easily be made more manageable in size by simply including only the sass or less templates you need, based on features you are using. That goes for the javascript as well. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The css from foundation and bootstrap can easily be made more manageable in size by simply including only the sass or less templates you need, based on features you are using. That goes for the javascript as well. 

Yes, I have just ported over a site from Joomla and I started with my Bootstrap Starter Profile. But having finished and worked out what I am not using (no collapse, no carousel, etc) I will use the customisation tool at Bootstrap to create a slimmed down script. It is not responsive either, so I have dumped the responsive css too - just gone with the grid which I like.

That's exactly what I had to do with a recent project.

I separated the grid, buttons, and all elements that are not needed on all pages and include them as needed in the sass files. I'm still learning sass and liking it alot.