☁️ Duplicator: Backup and move sites

flydev

Hi @PavelRadvan thanks.

What you read in VSCode is just a warning, so no problem.

I just opened an issue on github to remind me of it, I will write the php 8.2 upgrade at the same time of wire-cli.

About the PW Directory, no idea, I will look at it, but the last stable version is v1.5.2 👍

Hi.
Thanks for answer. I have another project which is based on PHP 8.3 and I think there is no warning in vscode...
Regarding version and updates I am little bit confused with this:
Screenshot from PW module repository:
image.png.61e78fc7bbcc7073a10705bb3a013f2e.png

Screenshot from github:
image.png.b4ebb0849f83a405dc7c83ec08742879.png

Which is right ? github or pw in date of updated ? Is module on pw repository same with content or on github...?

Hi,

New to ProcessWire and definitely new to Duplicator, I'm helping a non-profit organization to backup their site, but when I click submit inside Duplicator module, no error is thrown so I think it looks good, but also no success indicator that the backup is started or in process.

I'm on Duplicator version 1.5.2

Wondering if anyone has previously recorded an video tutorial to backup ProcessWire site with Duplicator?

Thanks,

Brandon

@heybran Hello Brandon, welcome to the forums. There's a video in the opening post of this topic that shows you the basics. There's another one here. There's no need to SSH in and manually kick the cron script.  Hope those get you started.

Also, please could you edit your post above and remove the full-quote of your previous post - it's not needed and is something we want to discourage in these forums.  Cherry picking relevant sections of a previous post for quotation is fine - but full-quoting whole previous posts makes your account look like a spammers.

• Like 1

Hello @netcarver, thanks for the heads-up, I will keep in mind. Although I don't see any button that allows me to edit my initial post, that's why I follow up with that comment yesterday. Is there something I missed about how to edit post? Thanks

@heybranThanks for letting me know, Brandon, I was unaware of that limitation - it's probably as you are a new user on the forum. I've edited the post to remove the quote.

Did you manage to get things working via the web interface?  Things have not changed much since the videos I linked were originally posted.

• Like 1

@netcarver Thanks for the update. I've deleted my staging site already, but I think it will work (I missed the `package` button before on the web interface, that's why I was confused). Will try it out on the organization's server next time if I get an chance to take a look at their production site.

@heybran you will find the direct access to Duplicator's packages management from menu Setup > Duplicator 

On 5/18/2024 at 6:56 AM, heybran said:

I've SSH into server

On server, you can list packages under  ls -lah /public_html/site/assets/backups

And welcome to the forum 👋

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

@adrian I applied fixes you reported earlier. I also merged changes from the dev (stable as today - v1.5.4) into the feature-encryption branch, this last is not ready as I need to re-read the whole conversation I had with @netcarver in order to finish it, but it works, just in case you want to test it.

FYI, the v2 is also in the pipe and coming with a dedicated software to manage the process between all your websites from a centralized desktop/mobile app. It might will be part of a paid feature, still not decided.

• Like 2