Mats

Module: Leaflet Map

Thanks again for the port to leaflet! I prefer OSM over google maps and have been using it for quite some time. Leaflet is very powerful and opens up many possibilities.

I forked Mats' module and added support for leaflet-providers so we can choose different map tile providers (see my post here). It is still a work in progress but seems stable. Once it is ready for production I'll make a pull request.

Mats, do you think we should use leaflet-providers as standard or offer the user a choice whether they want to use it or not?

Next up I will add an icon field and support for Leaflet.awesome-markers.

• Like 8

I think the providers can be a part of the module as long as one can choose from others providers like Mapbox.

Awesome markers support will be awesome!  :)

I think the providers can be a part of the module as long as one can choose from others providers like Mapbox.

I agree. Added all available providers to the select dropdown and have set OpenStreetMap.Mapnik as default.

Will post the next days with update on awesome icons...

• Like 2

Thanks for the heads-up!

Since it's a beta i will wait until it's more stable and Marker cluster plug in is compatible with the new version.

I just discovered that if I have a Leaflet Map marker field in a template, but leave the lat and long empty in a page, CKEditor text field will not display its toolbar. Must be some JS meltdown.

I left the lat and long empty, because I am populating the map with an array of markers.

It is no problem after I discovered this (just added lat & long values to make it work), but it was quite frustrating at first :)

• Like 1

Thanks for the report Beluga. I'll look into it.

I notice that this module isn't in the module directory anymore, however I downloaded and installed it a few months ago so I'm using an old version for now. I have a page displaying a map, pulling in multiple locations from child pages and displaying as markers. That all works fine, but I'm wondering if it's possible to change what's included in the marker popup. Currently it just displays the child page title, I'd also like it to include a body field if it has content.

@houseofdeadleg

At the moment only the title is supported. You would need to change some code in the module:

https://github.com/madebymats/FieldtypeLeafletMapMarker/blob/master/MarkupLeafletMap.module#L115 -> add another line

'markerBodyField' => 'body',

https://github.com/madebymats/FieldtypeLeafletMapMarker/blob/master/MarkupLeafletMap.module#L192 -> add another line

$body = $options['markerBodyField'] ? $page->get($options['markerBodyField']) : ''; 

https://github.com/madebymats/FieldtypeLeafletMapMarker/blob/master/MarkupLeafletMap.module#L193 -> change line 193 to

$out .= "$id.addMarker($marker->lat, $marker->lng, '$url', '$title', '$body'); ";

https://github.com/madebymats/FieldtypeLeafletMapMarker/blob/master/MarkupLeafletMap.js#L65 -> change line 65 to

this.addMarker = function(lat, lng, url, title, body) {

https://github.com/madebymats/FieldtypeLeafletMapMarker/blob/master/MarkupLeafletMap.js#L98 -> change line 98 to

marker.bindPopup("<b><a href='" + marker.linkURL + "'>" + title + "</a></b><br>" + body);

Then in the template where you render the map, you need to include the markerBodyField in the options that you pass to the render function, e.g.

$options = array();
$options["markerTitleField"] = $page->title;
$options["markerBodyField"] = ($page->body) ? $page->body : "";
// ... more options
$map = $modules->get('MarkupLeafletMap'); 
echo $map->render($items, 'map', $options);

I have not tested this but it should work. Please report back here.

• Like 3

Looking again at my above implementation for additional content in the marker popup feels a bit hacky because the content of the popup is being constructed in MarkupLeafletMap.js

I think the cleaner and proper way of doing it would be to construct the HTML that goes into the popup on the template file level and then pass it to the map render function.

Something like this:

$options = array();
$options["markerPopupContent"] = "<b><a href='{$page->url}'>{$page->title}</a></b>{$page->body}";
// ... more options

Hope to get your opinion on this. I would then implement the code into my fork of this module.

• Like 3

Been having a play with this using your suggestions above. The first way shows the map and markers, but no content in the markers (and no console errors), the second way the map doesn't show but looking in the code generated all the copy os there but showing an error (SyntaxError: unterminated string literal).

@houseofdeadleg

sorry, I don't have the capacity to look into this thoroughly at the moment. I'll try and implement it like described in #11 within the next few weeks.

The unterminated string literal error often happens when strings with line breaks are used in JS variables. So we might need to account for that in the $options["markerPopupContent"] string when passing it to the javascript. Try using

$options["markerPopupContent"] = json_encode("<b><a href='{$page->url}'>{$page->title}</a></b>{$page->body}");

When trying to add a new field with this fieldtype I get the following error:

[RED] DB connect error 2006 - MySQL server has gone away
[GREEN] Geocode OK APPROXIMATE: 'Decatur, Georgia'
[GREEN] Geocoded your default address. Please hit save once again to commit the new default latitude and longitude.

after that in the admin it only states The process returned no content.

Any idea how to fix this? Using 3.0.18…

Seems to be at database problem. I can't duplicate the issue on my set up (also on 3.0.18).

Can you add other field types without the db issue?

When trying to add a new field with this fieldtype I get the following error:

[RED] DB connect error 2006 - MySQL server has gone away
[GREEN] Geocode OK APPROXIMATE: 'Decatur, Georgia'
[GREEN] Geocoded your default address. Please hit save once again to commit the new default latitude and longitude.

after that in the admin it only states The process returned no content.

Any idea how to fix this? Using 3.0.18…

Can you please try that again to see if you continue to get this message?

I've a little problem to fix...

I've some fields that provide a complete address and i wanna use a MapMarker field with your module to generate the lat/long of this address entry...so i use a hook to change $page->mapfield->address but this don't work since the generating is triggert by the additional search field on the map....so how could i execute the generation of lat/long?

example hook:

/**
 * change address of the mapmarker field on save
 */
$pages->addHookAfter('saveReady', null, 'addEntry');
function addEntry(HookEvent $event) {
	$page = $event->arguments[0];
	if($page->template != 'eintrag' ) return; //for this template only
	//change the "standort" map marker with the adress data
	$page->standort->address = $page->strasse.' '.$page->hausnummer.', '.$page->PLZ.' '.$page->ort;
}

the address is saved in the mapmarker field right for example: "Examplestreet 5, 123456 Examplevillage"

but like described no generation of lat/long on save from the address field...

Version is 2.0.7 from github

Best regards mr-fan

Hi,

i use the MarkupGoogleCalendar module to display events pulled from a google calendar. I would like to display labels for these events on a map. The locations are available as addresses, not as lon/lat pairs.

Is there a way to pass the needed data to the Leaflet module?

Thanks! Ondra

I think you are looking for this:

$page->your_mapfield->address

@Mats @gebeer Thanks to a job I just finished for @dab I have been actively taking your work forward. I have a fork of the project here that...

005.png

I based my work on gebeer's extension of your repo Mats, so I have issued a pull request to gebeer - but I'd like to get these changes into your repo if possible as then we can revert to your repo as the master codebase and, hopefully, have the latest goodies straight from the PW module directory.

It's now very easy to add fields to the marker pages that let you customise their appearance. Below I have added an Options field, a FieldtypeFontIconPicker and a Text field to control the marker visuals via the added callback.

012.png

If anyone want's to try it out, here is the link to the zip file.

• Like 13

@netcarver A fantastic job, very quickly completed. Nice work :-) !

@Mats That would be great - thank you!

Once you pull the changes can I suggest you bump the version number of FieldtypeLeafletMapMarker.

On 16/03/2016 at 4:40 AM, gebeer said:

@houseofdeadleg

sorry, I don't have the capacity to look into this thoroughly at the moment. I'll try and implement it like described in #11 within the next few weeks.

The unterminated string literal error often happens when strings with line breaks are used in JS variables. So we might need to account for that in the $options["markerPopupContent"] string when passing it to the javascript. Try using

$options["markerPopupContent"] = json_encode("<b><a href='{$page->url}'>{$page->title}</a></b>{$page->body}");

@houseofdeadleg Gebeer was on the right track when he posted the above. The error is due to the use of single quotes - I ran across it as part of the work I posted about above. If you still want to try the approach gebeer introduced then give this a shot...

$options = array();
$safe_title = str_replace("'", "\'", $page->title);
$safe_title = str_replace("\n", "<br />", $safe_title);
$safe_body  = str_replace("'", "\\'", $page->body);
$safe_body  = str_replace("\n", "<br />", $safe_body);
$options["markerPopupContent"] = "<b><a href=\"{$page->url}\">$safe_title</a></b>$safe_body";
// ... more options

We have to make sure that no un-escaped single quotes appear in anything we generate that gets inserted via the JS on the page. That also means we have to use escaped double quotes around the link's href attribute. We also have to prevent newline characters getting through that are part of any field - I do that as shown above rather than use the nl2br() method as nl2br prefixes all newlines with <br/> but does not remove the newlines.

Hope that helps!

Edited to add: Forgot to say, with the new version of the module you can just do this...

<?php
$options = array(
    'popupFormatter' => function($page) {
        return $page->body;
    }
);
echo $map->render($items, 'your-marker-field-name', $options);
?>

That will append the page body content to the popup window. It also takes care of escaping single quotes and converting newlines into HTML breaks.