Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Beluga last won the day on September 30 2018

Beluga had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

442 Excellent

About Beluga

  • Rank
    Hero Member

Recent Profile Visitors

7,781 profile views
  1. In the hot topic of "View source", the CKEditor folks recently commented that they will support version 4 until 2023.
  2. The repos say they are unmaintained. For the Python lib they recommend https://github.com/mbloch/mapshaper as an alternative. For the JS lib they recommend https://d3js.org/ for the mapping and https://github.com/topojson/topojson instead of SVG as the data format.
  3. Do you want to keep it strictly backend-only or would you be willing to allow frontend as well?
  4. If using InnoDB, use transactions to batch the page creation and deletion. With Batch Child Editor and transactions, I am able to create 35,5k pages (with over a dozen fields) in 2min 44s on my local machine. So much faster than Bernhard's result.
  5. Yep, caching might be nice going forward. Anyway, I can solve this right now with the static JS (well, in theory - have not tried yet what the effect on load time is). It is great to hear you have a plan for RockTabulator regarding this!
  6. I am wondering how to optimise a query. It is taking 23 seconds on a server with 4GB of memory. It is live here: https://mattikuusiproverbtypology.fi/references/ I have considered moving to static JS data as the data in the db does not change very often. The query is: $finder1 = new RockFinder('template=A-T', ['code', 'nb', 'variation', 'name', 'page1', 'page2', 'page3', 'runningnb', 'additnb', 'abbrevat']); $finder2 = new RockFinder('template=M6books', ['abbrev', 'author_editor', 'booktitle']); $at = $finder1->getSQL(); $m6books = $finder2->getSQL(); $sql = "SELECT * FROM ($at) AS at LEFT JOIN ($m6books) as m6books ON (at.abbrevat = m6books.abbrev)"; $this->setData($sql); I temporarily enabled slow_query_log like so in my.cnf: long_query_time=1 slow_query_log=1 slow_query_log_file=/var/log/mysql/slow-query.log (with /var/log/mysql owned by mysql user) Below is the slow query log - for some reason it contains two identical queries, each taking over 9 seconds. I wonder why that is? Due to ajax? Does this happen to others? My MySQL settings on the server are: Results from mysqltuner:
  7. I got ajax working, it was pretty simple in the end. In RockGridItem.js: xhr.onreadystatechange = function() { if (xhr.readyState == 4 && xhr.status == 200) { var httpResult = JSON.parse(xhr.responseText); // Tabulator change var table = RockGrid.table; table.setData(httpResult); grid.getDOM().dispatchEvent(new Event('RockGridAjaxDone', {bubbles:true})); } };
  8. Woooaw - with your query and renaming the fields of the other template, I got a perfect result!! (You were right that the column names have to be different) Thanks a lot. This is using my old hacky Tabulator grid 🙂
  9. I am trying to figure out how to join pages from two templates into a grid. I will attach a picture of an incorrect result just as a talking point: The goal would be to plonk the data from unive into the grid, with rows filled only when code and number match the ones in the main (A-T) grid. The incorrectly repeating result in the screenshot was reached with this: $finder1 = new RockFinder('template=A-T', ['code', 'nb', 'variation', 'name']); $finder2 = new RockFinder('template=unive3', ['code', 'nb', 'proverbtype']); // join finder $finder1->join($finder2, 'unive', ['code' => 'code']); $this->setData($finder1); So how can I match by two fields to get what I want?
  10. Due to the tooltip problem, the only safe way to copy anything from the forum is to quote the message and then copy from the message composing area.
  11. "Anti-snobbery" resulted in my boss recently sending me an email with a link to javascript:void(0);
  12. I assume this would be for the admin. I have never used the other modules, but if you have experienced the need for something more, I'm sure it is sensible to build it 🙂
  13. According to the instructions in this thread, you should be able to run it from the command line with "sublime"
  14. This is supposed to be pretty lean, but I have no idea of how well it works with modern web pages: https://www.netsurf-browser.org/
  15. Latest docs: http://tabulator.info/docs/4.2/clipboard
  • Create New...