Media Manager Next

kongondo

59 minutes ago, David Karich said:

Two questions: how should uploads happen? Can I just upload assets via DND in a folder or is the "New" button meant for uploads? If so, I would give it a different name, e.g. "Upload Media".

1. Uploads: Three way (all upload to the current category):
    • DnD
    • Via right click which pops open a contextual dialog and you select 'upload'
    • Via the 'New' button, which pops open a contextual dialog and you select 'upload'
  2. New Button: Opens a dialog/dropdown from which you can choose  'new folder',  'file upload'  or 'folder upload' [this latter one will also create the virtual folder, i.e. category]
1 hour ago, David Karich said:

Second question: does the search always refer to the entire library or only to the currently selected folder? Can I change the search behaviour in an advanced mode?

By default, yes, it is the entire library. However, there will be advanced search, accessible by clicking some icon within the search box. It will open a dialog within which you can set search parameters such as type, name, date, category, etc.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2023 at 1:17 PM, kongondo said:

Happy to get early feedback, thanks.

This looks so much cleaner and easier to use than the current version. The context menu looks very nice already. The other elements could need some more polishing - I know that's not been a priority yet, still you asked for feedback 😉

Some things I noticed on the video
- a breadcrumb navigation should be visible to reflect the directory navigation (when you click on people it disappears, when you click on "men" it should show People > Men)
- the selected category and parent categories should be visible (when you click the "men" category nothing is active) (it would probably look nicer to use bold text instead of green)
- the spacings and alignments look a bit off. Some inspiration: 

https://demo.filerun.com/?username=admin&password=admin
and the screenshots below

https://cdn.dribbble.com/users/372375/screenshots/14473793/media/94daec64a83f99c8731e320df68d4541.png?compress=1&resize=400x300&vertical=topReact UI kit for Figma — Design & Code toolkit 2-in-1 by Roman Kamushken  for Setproduct on Dribbble

Advanced Search | Web design quotes, Web design, Web app designhttps://cdn.dribbble.com/users/971133/screenshots/15899953/media/d258260eeef2344436c1ccbc159ddc2d.png?compress=1&resize=400x300&vertical=top

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MrSnoozles said:

Some things I noticed on the video
- a breadcrumb navigation should be visible to reflect the directory navigation (when you click on people it disappears, when you click on "men" it should show People > Men)

Hi @MrSnoozles, Thanks for the feedback. Yes, a breadcrumb navigation is planned. I haven't started work on it yet. It will be very similar to Google Drive (i.e. like the demo.filerun).

- the selected category and parent categories should be visible (when you click the "men" category nothing is active) (it would probably look nicer to use bold text instead of green)

True. And the 'green' is just for testing. So, no decision made there yet.

- the spacings and alignments look a bit off. Some inspiration: 

The browser for the recording was zoomed in at around 175% so that could be the reason but I've note this, thanks.

Thanks!

6 hours ago, fruid said:

is this version already available? Or any update for my current version? I'm on version 0.1.2 and was hoping an update would solve some bugs…

Hi @fruid. No. As mentioned in the post with the video demo, the next MM will not be available until after the summer at the earliest.

6 hours ago, fruid said:

One bug I'm having is the pagination (not sure if I mentioned this before). I cannot go to the next pages in the MM pagination. And the little wheel loads forever, see screenshot.

I have also just noticed this. It must be related to a newer version of ProcessWire. I am only noticing it in 'All media' view. Pagination is working fine if viewing a single media type. 

6 hours ago, fruid said:

Also, on the bottom you can read

Media Manager (Process) v0.1.2

twice. Seems buggy.

It shouldn't show twice and yes, I have also seen this if in 'All media' view. That footer is not inserted by Media Manager. It is inserted by ProcessPageLister which is the class that ProcessMediaManager extends. The next version of MM will not be extending ProcessPageLister so this error won't occur.

5 hours ago, fruid said:

Exact as processed filename

Good idea. I'll add this.

2 hours ago, fruid said:

I tried this approach but I get

Value set to field 'mema_images' must be a MediaManagerArray

(mema_images being the field of type "MediaManager" on the template for the pages where I want to "add" images or technically speaking refer to the image-pages)

Sorry about that. I'll have a look.

1 hour ago, fruid said:

In an upcoming version, could you add the page-ID of the image when listing (or detail view) of an image in the MM? I can see title, name, dimensions, filesize, tags, … but no ID.

Will do.

1 hour ago, fruid said:

I hope you appreciate the feedback.

Totally! Thanks for all the feedback!

• Like 1

Hi kongondo,

I just watched the video and it looks very good! I already sent some suggestions a while ago, but I wanted to repeat an important one: I have some projects where the clients have lots of PDFs with very long detailed technical names. I assume the PDFs won't have thumbnails in Media Manager, so it would be very good if one could switch the view to a really compact list view, where the filenames would not be cropped. Perhaps in this list view also some other meta data could be shown, like filesize etc. Also I would add that the filenames or image titles as shown in the video are cropped in a way it makes them nearly unreadable. So I am wondering if you could consider an option to not crop those titles or filenames at all?

• Like 1

• kongondo pinned this topic
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi @kongondo,

I bought version 0.12 of the MediaManager Module a few years ago. On php 7.2 and the latest processwire version 3.0.223 the module works great and everything as expected.
As php 7.2 and all other 7.x php versions are out of maintenace by now I tried to upgrade my dev server to php 8.2 but now the MediaManager module doesn't seem to work anymore.
Images can't be uploaded correctly anymore. As I see in the filesystem they are uploaded into a folder site\assets\MediaManager\jqfu\.files_no_show and hence are not displayed in the cms.

Judging by the post under https://mediamanager.kongondo.com/troubleshooting/ there used to be a bug in processwire that caused a similar behaviour of the mediamanager module but as the
module is running smoothly with the lates processwire version with php 7.2 my guess is that my problems with the mediamanager under php 8.2 are caused by that php version.

Have you tested MediaManager 0.1.2 with php 8.2? If not and you don't have any advice on how to make images uploadable again I will unfortunately have to wait for MediaManager Next to be released and buy this version.

Update:

Hey @kongondo,

I made work again. After my upgrade to php 8.2 the gd library wasn't enabled and this caused the upload problems. Anyways when having debug mode in processwire enabled I get some deprecation warnings, e.g. when trying to edit an image in Media Manager. This doesn't seem to have any influence on the functionality of the Media Manager yet but I suppose with the next php version update at least Media Manager in version 0.12 won't work anymore.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2023 at 11:05 AM, MrSnoozles said:

@kongondo Is there more to see in the meantime? 🙂

Hi @MrSnoozles, all.

Sorry I have been awfully quiet. I have been very busy with a number of projects. This has caused a delay regarding MM Next work. I am going to be away this week for about 2 weeks without access to the internet. This will quieten down a bit then with the other projects and I'll be able to continue with MM Next. Apologies for this!

• 4 months later...

@kongondo I just switched for the last project from MODX to Processwire and for the next bigger project a media manager is crucial.

Your screencast, the ideas and conversations look very promising and I would love to buy and use the new version already. But unfortunately no progress on this for a long time. Can you surprise us?😉

Can I test or buy the current/old version of the media manager? Your shop seems to be in maintenance mode for a long time, if I‘m not wrong!?

Thanks in advance & Cheers Sebastian

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @sebibu,

On 3/6/2024 at 7:09 PM, sebibu said:

Your screencast, the ideas and conversations look very promising and I would love to buy and use the new version already. But unfortunately no progress on this for a long time. Can you surprise us?😉

Yes. I am hoping to do so soon 😃. I'll post an update later this week.

On 3/6/2024 at 7:09 PM, sebibu said:

Your shop seems to be in maintenance mode for a long time, if I‘m not wrong!?

Yes, sorry, this (see bit about shop):

• Thanks 1