Eketorp open-air museum

Mats

Eketorp is an open-air museum located in the south east of sweden on the island of Öland in the Baltic sea. The museum is a part of Kalmar Läns Museum (Kalmar County Museum).

The site's front end is based on Twitter Bootstrap and Jquery Mobile. The ajax search was kindly developed by Soma after a request on the IRC channel. Big thanks to you Soma!

If you visit Öland you really should go, it’s a pretty cool place.

Thank you Ryan for an excellent system!

Happy midsummer!

Mats

• Like 2

What I probably love the most about it: it's built using Twitter Bootstrap and it doesn't show. There are a lot of sites using Twitter Bootstrap out there on which you can identify the framework at first glance. That alone is a really good job. :) (Which doesn't mean the rest of the site isn't done well or something, it's just what strikes me most about it.)

Looks good, works very fast. One minor point: when you click the icon to show the images the scrollbars disappear and the image adjusts a bit to the left. Perhaps it's an idea to always show a scrollbar so the image won't move.

Cool, nice work. Glad you found ajax search module useful.

Though I would add some float clearing in the content of the results, first entry get's floated because of the close button.

Where is the ajax loader? It would help recognizing that it's searching. :)

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

@yellowled: Glad you didn't recognize the site as Bootstrap. It's really easy to change the look thanks to the customization options.

@apeisa: I never celebrated midsummer in Finland, seems like a lot fun!

@arjen: Thanks for pointing that out. I'll look in to it.

@Soma: Added clears and changed the path to the spinner.

• 3 weeks later...

Mats - love this one as it's a nice simple layout (didn't realise you could customise Twitter Bootstrap until now!), and like the ability to view the background image too! Very neat :)