horst

WireMailSmtp

LostKobrakai    4,307

Send them from your own domain and just set the Reply-To header to the email of the contacting person. Automatically sending emails in the name of others isn't in vogue anymore with all those spammer out there.

chrizz    33

I was wondering if it'll be possible to hook the ___send method to manipulate the recipient(s) and body of the mail. I was able to hook the method basically but I couldn't manage to manipulate the original data :/ 

Thanks in advance for any hints :)

use case for this: In debug mode (e.g. local or on staging) all mails should be send to a dedicated dropbox instead of the original recipient. This information should be added to the mail body instead.

Original e-mail - send to xy@domain.com

Hello XY,

thanks for your email. [...]

Manipulated e-mail - send to dropbox@developer.net

# Debug Info
# Original recipient: xy@domain.com

Hello XY,

thanks for your email. [...]

adrian    7,647
1 minute ago, chrizz said:

use case for this: In debug mode (e.g. local or on staging) all mails should be send to a dedicated dropbox instead of the original recipient.

Not sure if it suits your needs or not, but TracyDebugger has a Mail Interceptor panel that intercepts all outgoing emails and instead shows all their details/content in the panel.

If not, I can look into changing the address like you want, but thought I'd mention that first just in case.

• Like 1

chrizz    33

@adrian although tracy seems to be really oversized for this use case but it is quite interesting and it works :) thanks for the tip!

adrian    7,647

@chrizz - I am not really sure why this works - not much time to test right now, but it does.

$this->addHookBefore('WireMail::send', null, function($event) {
    $event->object->toName = 'testrecipient@gmail.com';
});

I would have thought it would be: $event->object->to, but doing that just adds another address. This seems to overwrite the existing one. Keep in mind I am not sure if this works with multiple recipients, but hopefully a decent start to get you going. Please let us know what you find.

PS - I put this in site/ready.php

• Like 1

chrizz    33

@adrian thanks a lot for sharing this and for pointing me in the right direction!

To clear the original values you can just pass "null" to the "to" method:
https://github.com/ryancramerdesign/ProcessWire/blob/master/wire/core/WireMail.php#L152

Same works for cc & bcc, but to be honest, I only tested this in combination with WireMailSmtp. It might look different without WireMailSmtp (e.g. no cc/bcc)

The whole hook function looks like this and it works as expected.

$this->addHookBefore('WireMailSmtp::send', null, function($event) {

if(!$this->config->debug) {
		// when not in debug mode do nothing
		return;
	}

$mail = &$event->object;

// store orgiginal recpients
	$recipients = array(
		'to'		=> $mail->to,
		'toName'	=> $mail->toName,
		'cc'		=> $mail->cc,
		'ccName'	=> $mail->ccName,
		'bcc'		=> $mail->bcc,
	);

// reset all original recipients
	$mail->to(null);
	$mail->cc(null);
	$mail->bcc(null);

// add debug recepient	
	$mail->to = 'Dropbox <dropbox@my-domain.com>';

// create debug information for mailbody
	$debug_body = '### DEBUG INFO ###<br />';
	$debug_body .= 'TO: '.implode($recipients['to'], ', ').'<br />';
	$debug_body .= 'CC: '.implode($recipients['cc'], ', ').'<br />';
	$debug_body .= 'BCC: '.implode($recipients['bcc'], ', ').'<br />';
	$debug_body .= '### / DEBUG INFO ###<br /><br />';

// replace original mailbody
	$new_mailbody = str_replace('<body>', '<body>'.$debug_body, $mail->bodyHTML);
	$mail->bodyHTML($new_mailbody);

return;

});

• Like 2

palacios000    16

Hi, I have a problem with this module. Actually is a problem linked with another module FrontendUser, but considering FrontendUser is working fine if I uninstall wireMailSMTP, maybe there is a conflict somewhere...

The scenario is this: I'm trying to send an email from FrontendUser, the reset password email, but it doesn't work. If I check the logs I read:

Error in hnsmtp::send : 550-Verification failed for <processwire@www.mywebsite.it>

This is strange because all other emails sent from API or PW are delivered without any issue, and on wireMailSMTP settings page I have all my SMTP credentials set up correctly. Only this "reset password email" seems to load the default wireMailSMTP settings. Any idea what goes wrong? Thanks a lot

I'm on PW 3.0.50 - wireMailSMTP 0.2.3 - FrontednUser 0.9.3

horst    3,958

Only thing what comes to my mind is different user rights!?

Can you somehow log user name / role for the different scenarios? (Maybe by temporarily add a log into the send function)

• Like 1

Robin S    2,487
10 hours ago, palacios000 said:

The scenario is this: I'm trying to send an email from FrontendUser, the reset password email, but it doesn't work.

I think maybe this module uses the core ProcessForgotPassword module. You may need to set the config option for that module: "Email address to send messages from"

2017-03-14_095826.png.417d3bf101701a796b21876185b5437e.png

• Like 4

palacios000    16

Sorry I can't add an attachment... The email is sent without attachment

$pdf = $homepage->pdf_marketing->url;
$mail = wireMail();
$mail->to($emailg);
$mail->subject($subject);
$mail->bodyHTML($emailMessage);
$mail->attachment($pdf);
$numSent = $mail->send();

And the log tells me

Error in $WireMailSmtp->attachFile($filename): Not existing or not readable file: /site/assets/files/1/consigli-alimentari-fit4all.pdf

And I tried absolute URL, again same error

Error in $WireMailSmtp->attachFile($filename): Not existing or not readable file: http://www.fit4all.it/site/assets/files/1/consigli-alimentari-fit4all.pdf

The file is there, available to see even from browser.

What I am doing wrong?

adrian    7,647

@palacios000 - you need the "filename" rather than "url" of the attachment. Also if the files field allows more than one, make sure to do first() etc as well.

• Like 4

horst    3,958
On 6.4.2017 at 11:45 AM, palacios000 said:

THANKS @adrian ! I had to go back to the root folder, in my case "/home/accountname/public_html/site/assets/files/1/"

you need to use ->filename instead of ->url

$pdf = $homepage->pdf_marketing->filename;

• Like 3

horst    3,958
1 hour ago, ank said:

Is there a way to set the reply address ?

->reply("xxx@xxx.xx") ?

In the modules config screen you can set it under "sender_reply". Also a "sender_errors_to" is available.

58f7ce523b5fd_fireshot_screen_capture_133.png.65d465c1517632f261929bd7d23e2715.png

If you need to set it dynamically, you must go the workaround with modifying module config-settings via API. If so, you will find examples here in this thread or the forums in general.

you can use this:

$data = wire('modules')->getModuleConfigData("WireMailSmtp");

// or, regarding on scope,
$data = $modules->getModuleConfigData("WireMailSmtp");

than modify the reply adress:

$data["sender_reply"] = "you@example.com";

after modifying, you can write it back:

wire('modules')->saveModuleConfigData("WireMailSmtp", $data);

// or

$modules->saveModuleConfigData("WireMailSmtp", $data);
  • Like 2

horst    3,958
2 minutes ago, ank said:

Thanks @horst,

i knew it was possible in the backend, but i was wondering if it was simple to do it dynamicly.

@ank I updated my above post with an example. ;-)

LostKobrakai    4,307

If you mean "per individual email" then it works like that for all WireMails 

$mail->header("Reply-To", $emailAddress);

• Like 3

Marc    16

Is it possible to temporarily overwrite the smtp host and smtp user defined in settings with the API? I would like to send some emails using a different smtp server with different credentials from the one I entered in the module settings.

Zeka    281

@Marc I think you can do the same with hosts.

On 19.04.2017 at 11:53 PM, horst said:

In the modules config screen you can set it under "sender_reply". Also a "sender_errors_to" is available.

58f7ce523b5fd_fireshot_screen_capture_133.png.65d465c1517632f261929bd7d23e2715.png

If you need to set it dynamically, you must go the workaround with modifying module config-settings via API. If so, you will find examples here in this thread or the forums in general.

you can use this:

$data = wire('modules')->getModuleConfigData("WireMailSmtp");

// or, regarding on scope,
$data = $modules->getModuleConfigData("WireMailSmtp");

than modify the reply adress:

$data["sender_reply"] = "you@example.com";

after modifying, you can write it back:

wire('modules')->saveModuleConfigData("WireMailSmtp", $data);

// or

$modules->saveModuleConfigData("WireMailSmtp", $data);

• Like 2

Marc    16
On 16-5-2017 at 4:33 PM, Zeka said:

@Marc I think you can do the same with hosts.

Thanks, gonna try this out :)

Hello,

I have a big problem that I totally don't understand and it's becoming really really problematic because it's on a online shop.

The module was working before, with some "cannot connect to smtp-server!" but not so much.

But since some weeks, there is "Error in hnsmtp::send : it were not specified any valid recipients" a lot, like really a lot.

I use it like this : $mail->sendSingle(true)->to($dest)->bcc($dest_admin);

$dest and $dest_admin are email.
The emails are corrects.  

I tried multiples times but without changing anything and with the same emails, I can have 1 time the error et 9 time everything works fine...

I would really like some help :( 

ethanbeyer    44
1 minute ago, Sonia Margollé said:

Hello,

I have a big problem that I totally don't understand and it's becoming really really problematic because it's on a online shop.

The module was working before, with some "cannot connect to smtp-server!" but not so much.

But since some weeks, there is "Error in hnsmtp::send : it were not specified any valid recipients" a lot, like really a lot.

I use it like this : $mail->sendSingle(true)->to($dest)->bcc($dest_admin);

$dest and $dest_admin are email.
The emails are corrects.  

I tried multiples times but without changing anything and with the same emails, I can have 1 time the error et 9 time everything works fine...

I would really like some help :( 

Often times when things like this happen it's because you've gone over your limit for emails to send through a particular SMTP host. Who are you trying to send through?

1 minute ago, ethanbeyer said:

Often times when things like this happen it's because you've gone over your limit for emails to send through a particular SMTP host. Who are you trying to send through?

I use OVH 

The site is on for more than a year now,  I had a lot of "Error in hnsmtp::send : cannot connect to smtp-server!"  
even if I never change module configuration and if I check it's ok. And now the recipients ...

All the emails that I send using the module it's only to 1 recipients and sometimes another on in copy. 

smtp_config.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now