horst

WireMailSmtp

Send them from your own domain and just set the Reply-To header to the email of the contacting person. Automatically sending emails in the name of others isn't in vogue anymore with all those spammer out there.

I was wondering if it'll be possible to hook the ___send method to manipulate the recipient(s) and body of the mail. I was able to hook the method basically but I couldn't manage to manipulate the original data :/ 

Thanks in advance for any hints :)

use case for this: In debug mode (e.g. local or on staging) all mails should be send to a dedicated dropbox instead of the original recipient. This information should be added to the mail body instead.

Original e-mail - send to xy@domain.com

Hello XY,

thanks for your email. [...]

Manipulated e-mail - send to dropbox@developer.net

# Debug Info
# Original recipient: xy@domain.com

Hello XY,

thanks for your email. [...]

1 minute ago, chrizz said:

use case for this: In debug mode (e.g. local or on staging) all mails should be send to a dedicated dropbox instead of the original recipient.

Not sure if it suits your needs or not, but TracyDebugger has a Mail Interceptor panel that intercepts all outgoing emails and instead shows all their details/content in the panel.

If not, I can look into changing the address like you want, but thought I'd mention that first just in case.

• Like 1

@adrian although tracy seems to be really oversized for this use case but it is quite interesting and it works :) thanks for the tip!

@chrizz - I am not really sure why this works - not much time to test right now, but it does.

$this->addHookBefore('WireMail::send', null, function($event) {
    $event->object->toName = 'testrecipient@gmail.com';
});

I would have thought it would be: $event->object->to, but doing that just adds another address. This seems to overwrite the existing one. Keep in mind I am not sure if this works with multiple recipients, but hopefully a decent start to get you going. Please let us know what you find.

PS - I put this in site/ready.php

• Like 1

@adrian thanks a lot for sharing this and for pointing me in the right direction!

To clear the original values you can just pass "null" to the "to" method:
https://github.com/ryancramerdesign/ProcessWire/blob/master/wire/core/WireMail.php#L152

Same works for cc & bcc, but to be honest, I only tested this in combination with WireMailSmtp. It might look different without WireMailSmtp (e.g. no cc/bcc)

The whole hook function looks like this and it works as expected.

$this->addHookBefore('WireMailSmtp::send', null, function($event) {

if(!$this->config->debug) {
		// when not in debug mode do nothing
		return;
	}

$mail = &$event->object;

// store orgiginal recpients
	$recipients = array(
		'to'		=> $mail->to,
		'toName'	=> $mail->toName,
		'cc'		=> $mail->cc,
		'ccName'	=> $mail->ccName,
		'bcc'		=> $mail->bcc,
	);

// reset all original recipients
	$mail->to(null);
	$mail->cc(null);
	$mail->bcc(null);

// add debug recepient	
	$mail->to = 'Dropbox <dropbox@my-domain.com>';

// create debug information for mailbody
	$debug_body = '### DEBUG INFO ###<br />';
	$debug_body .= 'TO: '.implode($recipients['to'], ', ').'<br />';
	$debug_body .= 'CC: '.implode($recipients['cc'], ', ').'<br />';
	$debug_body .= 'BCC: '.implode($recipients['bcc'], ', ').'<br />';
	$debug_body .= '### / DEBUG INFO ###<br /><br />';

// replace original mailbody
	$new_mailbody = str_replace('<body>', '<body>'.$debug_body, $mail->bodyHTML);
	$mail->bodyHTML($new_mailbody);

return;

});

• Like 2

Hi, I have a problem with this module. Actually is a problem linked with another module FrontendUser, but considering FrontendUser is working fine if I uninstall wireMailSMTP, maybe there is a conflict somewhere...

The scenario is this: I'm trying to send an email from FrontendUser, the reset password email, but it doesn't work. If I check the logs I read:

Error in hnsmtp::send : 550-Verification failed for <processwire@www.mywebsite.it>

This is strange because all other emails sent from API or PW are delivered without any issue, and on wireMailSMTP settings page I have all my SMTP credentials set up correctly. Only this "reset password email" seems to load the default wireMailSMTP settings. Any idea what goes wrong? Thanks a lot

I'm on PW 3.0.50 - wireMailSMTP 0.2.3 - FrontednUser 0.9.3

Only thing what comes to my mind is different user rights!?

Can you somehow log user name / role for the different scenarios? (Maybe by temporarily add a log into the send function)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, palacios000 said:

The scenario is this: I'm trying to send an email from FrontendUser, the reset password email, but it doesn't work.

I think maybe this module uses the core ProcessForgotPassword module. You may need to set the config option for that module: "Email address to send messages from"

2017-03-14_095826.png.417d3bf101701a796b21876185b5437e.png

• Like 4

Sorry I can't add an attachment... The email is sent without attachment

$pdf = $homepage->pdf_marketing->url;
$mail = wireMail();
$mail->to($emailg);
$mail->subject($subject);
$mail->bodyHTML($emailMessage);
$mail->attachment($pdf);
$numSent = $mail->send();

And the log tells me

Error in $WireMailSmtp->attachFile($filename): Not existing or not readable file: /site/assets/files/1/consigli-alimentari-fit4all.pdf

And I tried absolute URL, again same error

Error in $WireMailSmtp->attachFile($filename): Not existing or not readable file: http://www.fit4all.it/site/assets/files/1/consigli-alimentari-fit4all.pdf

The file is there, available to see even from browser.

What I am doing wrong?

@palacios000 - you need the "filename" rather than "url" of the attachment. Also if the files field allows more than one, make sure to do first() etc as well.

• Like 4

On 6.4.2017 at 11:45 AM, palacios000 said:

THANKS @adrian ! I had to go back to the root folder, in my case "/home/accountname/public_html/site/assets/files/1/"

you need to use ->filename instead of ->url

$pdf = $homepage->pdf_marketing->filename;

• Like 3

Is there a way to set the reply address ?

->reply("xxx@xxx.xx") ?

1 hour ago, ank said:

Is there a way to set the reply address ?

->reply("xxx@xxx.xx") ?

In the modules config screen you can set it under "sender_reply". Also a "sender_errors_to" is available.

58f7ce523b5fd_fireshot_screen_capture_133.png.65d465c1517632f261929bd7d23e2715.png

If you need to set it dynamically, you must go the workaround with modifying module config-settings via API. If so, you will find examples here in this thread or the forums in general.

you can use this:

$data = wire('modules')->getModuleConfigData("WireMailSmtp");

// or, regarding on scope,
$data = $modules->getModuleConfigData("WireMailSmtp");

than modify the reply adress:

$data["sender_reply"] = "you@example.com";

after modifying, you can write it back:

wire('modules')->saveModuleConfigData("WireMailSmtp", $data);

// or

$modules->saveModuleConfigData("WireMailSmtp", $data);
  • Like 2

Thanks @horst,

i knew it was possible in the backend, but i was wondering if it was simple to do it dynamicly.

2 minutes ago, ank said:

Thanks @horst,

i knew it was possible in the backend, but i was wondering if it was simple to do it dynamicly.

@ank I updated my above post with an example. ;-)

If you mean "per individual email" then it works like that for all WireMails 

$mail->header("Reply-To", $emailAddress);

• Like 3

Is it possible to temporarily overwrite the smtp host and smtp user defined in settings with the API? I would like to send some emails using a different smtp server with different credentials from the one I entered in the module settings.

@Marc I think you can do the same with hosts.

On 19.04.2017 at 11:53 PM, horst said:

In the modules config screen you can set it under "sender_reply". Also a "sender_errors_to" is available.

58f7ce523b5fd_fireshot_screen_capture_133.png.65d465c1517632f261929bd7d23e2715.png

If you need to set it dynamically, you must go the workaround with modifying module config-settings via API. If so, you will find examples here in this thread or the forums in general.

you can use this:

$data = wire('modules')->getModuleConfigData("WireMailSmtp");

// or, regarding on scope,
$data = $modules->getModuleConfigData("WireMailSmtp");

than modify the reply adress:

$data["sender_reply"] = "you@example.com";

after modifying, you can write it back:

wire('modules')->saveModuleConfigData("WireMailSmtp", $data);

// or

$modules->saveModuleConfigData("WireMailSmtp", $data);

• Like 2

On 16-5-2017 at 4:33 PM, Zeka said:

@Marc I think you can do the same with hosts.

Thanks, gonna try this out :)

Hello,

I have a big problem that I totally don't understand and it's becoming really really problematic because it's on a online shop.

The module was working before, with some "cannot connect to smtp-server!" but not so much.

But since some weeks, there is "Error in hnsmtp::send : it were not specified any valid recipients" a lot, like really a lot.

I use it like this : $mail->sendSingle(true)->to($dest)->bcc($dest_admin);

$dest and $dest_admin are email.
The emails are corrects.  

I tried multiples times but without changing anything and with the same emails, I can have 1 time the error et 9 time everything works fine...

I would really like some help :( 

1 minute ago, Sonia Margollé said:

Hello,

I have a big problem that I totally don't understand and it's becoming really really problematic because it's on a online shop.

The module was working before, with some "cannot connect to smtp-server!" but not so much.

But since some weeks, there is "Error in hnsmtp::send : it were not specified any valid recipients" a lot, like really a lot.

I use it like this : $mail->sendSingle(true)->to($dest)->bcc($dest_admin);

$dest and $dest_admin are email.
The emails are corrects.  

I tried multiples times but without changing anything and with the same emails, I can have 1 time the error et 9 time everything works fine...

I would really like some help :( 

Often times when things like this happen it's because you've gone over your limit for emails to send through a particular SMTP host. Who are you trying to send through?

1 minute ago, ethanbeyer said:

Often times when things like this happen it's because you've gone over your limit for emails to send through a particular SMTP host. Who are you trying to send through?

I use OVH 

The site is on for more than a year now,  I had a lot of "Error in hnsmtp::send : cannot connect to smtp-server!"  
even if I never change module configuration and if I check it's ok. And now the recipients ...

All the emails that I send using the module it's only to 1 recipients and sometimes another on in copy. 

smtp_config.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By dreerr
      TemplateEnginePug (formally TemplateEngineJade)

This module adds Pug templates to the TemplateEngineFactory. It uses https://github.com/pug-php/pug to render templates.
      doctype html html(lang='en') head meta(http-equiv='content-type', content='text/html; charset=utf-8') title= $page->title link(rel='stylesheet', type='text/css', href=$config->urls->templates . 'styles/main.css') body include header.pug h1= $page->title if $page->editable() p: a(href=$page->editURL) Edit Project on GitHub: github.com/dreerr/TemplateEnginePug
      Project in modules directory: modules.processwire.com/modules/template-engine-pug/

For common problems/features/questions about the Factory, use the TemplateEngineFactory thread.

• By tpr
      ProcessNetteTester
      Run Nette Tester tests within ProcessWire admin.
      (continued from here)

Features
      AJAX interface for running Nette Tester tests, in bulk or manually display counter, error message and execution time in a table run all tests at once or launch single tests show formatted test error messages and report PHP syntax errors stop on first failed test (optional) hide passed tests (optional) display failed/total instead passed/total (optional) re-run failed tests only (optional) auto scroll (optional) include or exclude tests based on query parameters start/stop all tests with the spacebar reset one test or all tests (ctrl+click) https://modules.processwire.com/modules/process-nette-tester/
      https://github.com/rolandtoth/ProcessNetteTester
    • By bernhard
      Some of you might have followed the development of this module here: https://processwire.com/talk/topic/15524-previewdiscussion-rockdatatables/ . It is the successor of "RockDataTables" and requires RockFinder to get the data for the grid easily and efficiently. It uses the open source part of agGrid for grid rendering.

WHY?
      ProcessWire is awesome for creating all kinds of custom backend applications, but where it is not so awesome in my opinion is when it comes to listing this data. Of course we have the built in page lister and we have ListerPro, but none of that solutions is capable of properly displaying large amounts of data, for example lists of revenues, aggregations, quick and easy sorts by the user, instant filter and those kind of features. RockGrid to the rescue 😉 

Features/Highlights:
      100k+ rows Instant (client side) filter, search, sort (different sort based on data type, eg "lower/greater than" for numbers, "contains" for strings) extendable via plugins (available plugins at the moment: fullscreen, csv export, reload, batch-processing of data, column sum/statistics, row selection) all the agGrid features (cell renderers, cell styling, pagination, column grouping etc) vanilla javascript, backend and frontend support (though not all plugins are working on the frontend yet and I don't plan to support it as long as I don't need it myself)  
      Limitations:
      While there is an option to retrieve data via AJAX the actual processing of the grid (displaying, filtering, sorting) is done on the client side, meaning that you can get into troubles when handling really large datasets of several thousands of rows. agGrid should be one of the most performant grid options in the world (see the official example page with a 100k row example) and does a lot to prevent problems (such as virtual row rendering), but you should always have this limitation in mind as this is a major difference to the available lister options that do not have this limitation.
      Currently it only supports AdminThemeUikit and I don't plan to support any other admin theme.

Download: https://gitlab.com/baumrock/RockGrid
      Installation: https://gitlab.com/baumrock/RockGrid/wikis/Installation
      Quikckstart: https://gitlab.com/baumrock/RockGrid/wikis/quickstart
      Further instructions: https://gitlab.com/baumrock/RockGrid/wikis/quickstart#further-instructions

Module status: alpha, License: MIT
      Note that every installation and uninstallation sends an anonymous google analytics event to my google analytics account. If you don't want that feel free to remove the appropriate lines of code before installation/uninstallation.

Contribute:
      You can contribute to the development of this and other modules or just say thank you by
      testing, reporting issues and making PRs at gitlab liking this post buying me a drink: paypal.me/baumrock/5 liking my facebook page: facebook.com/baumrock hiring me for pw work: baumrock.com  
      Support: Please note that this module might not be as easy and plug&play as many other modules. It needs a good understanding of agGrid (and JavaScript in general) and it likely needs some looks into the code to get all the options. Please understand that I can not provide free support for every request here in the forum. I try to answer all questions that might also help others or that might improve the module but for individual requests I offer paid support for 60€ per hour.

Changelog
      180711 bugfix (naming issue) 180630 alpha realease  
      Use Cases / Examples:
      Colored grid cells, Icons, Links etc. The Grid also has a "batcher" feature built in that helps communicating with the server via AJAX and managing resource intensive tasks in batches:

Filters, PW panel links and instant reload on panel close:

You can combine the grid with a chart library like I did with the (outdated) RockDataTables module:

• By tpr
      Update 2018-07-09: ProcessNetteTester module is available in the Modules Directory and on GitHub.

This is a short tutorial on how to use Nette Tester with ProcessWire.
      As you will see it's very easy to setup and use and it's perfect for testing your code's functionality. With bootstrapping ProcessWire it's also possible to check the rendered markup of pages using the API, checking page properties, etc. It's also a great tool for module developers for writing better code. 
      While there will be nothing extraordinary here that you couldn't find in Tester's docs this can serve as a good starting point.
      Prerequisites: PHP 5.6+
      01 Download Tester
      Go to https://github.com/nette/tester/releases and download the latest release (currently 2.0.2). Download from the link reading "Source code (zip)". You can use composer also if you wish.
      02 Extract Tester files
      Create a new directory in your site root called "tester". Extract the zip downloaded here, so it should look like this:
      /site /tester/src /tester/tools /tester/appveyor.yml /tester/composer.json /tester/contributing.md /tester/license.md /tester/readme.md /wire ... 03 Create directory for test files
      Add a new directory in "/tester" called "tests". Tester recognizes "*.Test.php" and "*.phpt" files in the tests directory, recursively. 
      04 Create your first test
      In the "tests" directory create a new "MyTest.php" file.
      The first test is a very simple one that bootstraps ProcessWire and checks if the Home page name is "Home". This is not the smartest test but will show you the basics.
      Add this to "/tester/tests/MyTest.php":
      <?php namespace ProcessWire; use \Tester\Assert; use \Tester\DomQuery; use \Tester\TestCase; use \Tester\Environment; require __DIR__ . '/../src/bootstrap.php'; // load Tester require __DIR__ . '/../../index.php'; // bootstrap ProcessWire Environment::setup(); class MyTest extends TestCase {     // first test (step 04)     public function testHomeTitle()     {         $expected = 'Home'; // we expect the page title to be "Home"         $actual = wire('pages')->get(1)->title; // check what's the actual title Assert::equal($expected, $actual); // check whether they are equal     }     // second test will go here (step 06)     // third test will go here (step 07) } // run testing methods (new MyTest())->run(); I've added comment placeholders for the second and third tests that we will insert later.
      05 Run Tester
      Tester can be run either from the command line or from the browser. The command line output is more verbose and colored while in the browser it's plain text only (see later).
      Running from the command line
      Navigate to the "/tester" directory in your console and execute this:
      php src/tester.php -C tests This will start "/tester/src/tester.php" and runs test files from the "/tester/tests" directory. The "-C" switch tells Tester to use the system-wide php ini file, that is required here because when bootstrapping ProcessWire you may run into errors (no php.ini file is used by default). You may load another ini file with the "-c <path>" (check the docs).
      If the title of your Home page is "Home" you should see this:

If it's for example "Cats and Dogs", you should see this:

Running from the browser
      First we need to create a new PHP file in ProcessWire's root, let's call it "testrunner.php". This is because ProcessWire doesn't allow to run PHP files from its "site" directory.
      The following code runs two test classes and produces a legible output. IRL you should probably iterate through directories to get test files (eg. with glob()), and of course it's better not allow tests go out to production.
      <?php ini_set('html_errors', false); header('Content-type: text/plain'); echo 'Starting tests.' . PHP_EOL; echo '--------------------------' . PHP_EOL; $file = __DIR__ . '/PATH_TO/FirstTest.php'; echo basename($file) . ' '; require $file; echo '[OK]' . PHP_EOL; $file = __DIR__ . '/PATH_TO/SecondTest.php'; echo basename($file) . ' '; require $file; echo '[OK]' . PHP_EOL; echo '--------------------------' . PHP_EOL; echo 'Tests finished.'; exit; Navigate to "DOMAIN/testrunner.php" in your browser to execute the file. If every test succeeds you should get this:

If there are failed tests the execution stops and you can read the error message. If there were more tests (eg. ThirdTest), those won't be displayed under the failed test.

06 DOM test
      This test will check if a page with "basic-page" template has a "h1" element. We will create the page on the fly with ProcessWire's API. To keep things simple we will add the new test as a new method to our MyTest class.
      Add this block to the MyTest class:
      public function testBasicPageHeadline() {     $p = new Page();     $p->template = 'basic-page';     $html = $p->render();     $dom = DomQuery::fromHtml($html);     Assert::true($dom->has('h1')); } This will most likely be true but of course you can check for something more specific, for example "div#main". Note that we have used the DomQuery helper here (check the "use" statement on the top of the file).
      07 Custom function test
      You will probably want to make sure your custom functions/methods will work as they should so let's write a test that demonstrates this.
      I don't want to complicate things so I'll check if the built-in "pageName" sanitizer works as expected. Add this to the myTest class:
      public function testPageNameSanitizer() {     $expected = 'hello-world';     $actual = wire('sanitizer')->pageName('Hello world!', true);     Assert::equal($expected, $actual); } This should also be true. Try to change the expected value if you are eager to see a failure message.

08 Next steps
      You can add more methods to the MyTest class or create new files in the "tests" directory. Check out the range of available Assertions and other features in the docs and see how they could help you writing more fail-safe code.
      Once you make a habit of writing tests you'll see how it can assist making your code more bulletproof and stable. Remember: test early, test often 🙂
      If you find out something useful or cool with Tester make sure to share.
    • By bernhard
      @Sergio asked about the pdf creation process in the showcase thread about my 360° feedback/survey tool and so I went ahead and set my little pdf helper module to public.
      Description from PW Weekly:

Download & Docs: https://gitlab.com/baumrock/RockPdf

You can combine it easily with RockReplacer: 
      See also a little showcase of the RockPdf module in this thread: