WireMailSmtp

horst

1 hour ago, MarkE said:

the reason I chose to make the change I did, rather than the one you suggest, is because different mail modules permit slightly different methods so the WireMailSmtp methods may not work without changing the class

Hi @horst. As I suspected your one-liner doesn't work because:

Method WireMailRouter::sendSingle does not exist or is not callable in this context

Do you have any objection to my suggested change?

3 hours ago, MarkE said:

Also, my suggestion will work as a standalone test of WireMailSmtp even if the current class is something completely different

Ok! 👍
That is something, I can test here without having WireMailRouter.

On 9/12/2024 at 3:58 PM, horst said:

Hi, I don't have WireMailRouter and therefor don't know how it works together.
But please can you (or @Ivan Gretsky or @wbmnfktr, who seems to have it too, like you) simply test the following OneLineChange in the WireMailSmtp-Testfunction?  

@horst, how do you do? I do not have WireMailRouter on none of my sites either. Sorry.

But I have a bug with my new installation. And it seems to be a long standing - see here. Could you please look into it?

2024-07-07_17-05.thumb.png.412858c3838b4ab94b768f39d2c2b9a3.png

8 hours ago, horst said:

Which PW-Version? (And maybe you can find / remember the first PW version, it came up with?)

I've seen it on 3.0.219. Just upgraded to the latest dev (3.0.241) and it is got even worse - can't open module config in admin at all:
image.thumb.png.35496431390ed248c7ef731d685e3784.png

4 hours ago, Ivan Gretsky said:

I've seen it on 3.0.219. Just upgraded to the latest dev (3.0.241) and it is got even worse - can't open module config in admin at all:

Ok, I will try to find whats going wrong.

And just for the record: I'm currently using it, also in PW 3.0.241 with PHP 8.2, without any errors. (?!?)

• Like 1

Hi @Ivan Gretsky

I have pushed a new branch into Github here:
https://github.com/horst-n/WireMailSmtp/tree/php-namespace

This is called version 0.8.0 and all PW-PHP-module-files are now added into the PHP namespace ProcessWire.
So now the module only can be used with PW > 3.0.62 (after merging to master branch). All the backwards compatibility to starting PW version 2.4 is lost now. 🙂

Please, can you fetch the new version from the github dev branch and test it, if it helps with your errors and let me know?
For me everything is working fine here. The normal sending, the DebugTests in Frontend and in Backend, etc. PHP 8.1 + 8.2

Edited by horst