PrivacyWire - Cookie Management & async external asset loading

joshua

not sure whether a feature request should be dropped here, or @github, but I'll try it here first 😉

First off: I love that module. It's handy, easy to implement/adapt and it just does what it is supposed to do. Thanks for sharing!

What I was looking for is a way to customize the markup of the consent blueprint. For the time being I have edited the original shipped file, but actually it would be great if this file can be configured the same way as the banner. Maybe that's something you could consider in the future as well? 

/update

🙂 https://github.com/webworkerJoshua/privacywire/pull/16

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

@joshua I'm using GoogleMapsApi on a page. And did this:

<?php

// allow button
echo "<a class='privacywire-consent-button' data-consent-category='external_media'>allow cookies</a>";

$address = $content->map_address->address;
	$lat = $content->map_address->lat;
	$lng = $content->map_address->lng;
	echo "<script >
		var lat,lng,zoom;
		lat = $lat;
		lng = $lng;
	</script>";	

// map stylung and render function
echo "<script type='text/plain' data-type='text/javascript' data-category='external_media'  data-src='{$templatesUrl}scripts/gmaps.js' class='require-consent'></script>";

// maps API
echo "<script type='text/plain' data-type='text/javascript' data-category='external_media' data-src='https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?key=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX&callback=initMap' class='require-consent'></script>";

// my map
echo "<div id='map' class='wrapper'></div>";

When I click on the allow button, all content disappear and there is a error

domain.com/:1 Uncaught (in promise) Qe {message: 'Map: Expected mapDiv of type HTMLElement but was passed null …

However the cookies are allowed. So that if refresh the page, everything is fine (cookies allowed and map is shown). What am I missing?