Adam Kiss

Stable version: The ACE Editor, your new favorite Inputfield

Do you hate dislike TinyMCE and heart Markdown? Or Textile? Or HTML? Do you wish there was better way to create content than textarea?

Well there is!

Content creation oriented, syntax highlighted and easy on the eyes, that is this new plugin I made. And I know you'll love it! And did I mention it supports HTML, Markdown and Textile?

screenshot.png

Download/fork/star here:

Features

• Syntax highlight your text, for easier preparation of content
  • Nice light, readable theme
  • Supports Textile, Markdown & HTML
  • Auto selects mode, based on field's textformatters (last found is used)
  • Works with multiple fields on page, each with different settings

Features inspired by iA writer

• Blue Cursor
  • Focus mode

We are still kind-of in beta, so please, test your browsers and let me know… Thank you!

<3 PW :)

• Like 16

I can't try it right now, but will have it a go as soon as i can. You should have more weekends like this one ;)

Maybe you should add something like this:

public function ___install() {

if(ProcessWire::versionMajor == 2 && ProcessWire::versionMinor < 2) {
throw new WireException("This module requires ProcessWire 2.2 or newer"); 
}
}

Btw.: My template editor module now requires your Inputfield :)

Nice job Adam!! Please add this to the modules directory when you get the chance.

Also, I suggest removing the "permanent=true" from your getModuleInfo() because otherwise it is uninstallable.

Hey all! Finished 1.0 version!

Updates for version 1.0

• [add] Added Textile mode, with huge number of enhancements
  • [add] Added auto mode select (yes!)
  • [add] Added PHP mode, even though there are no means to invoke that yet
  • [enh] Enhanced quote rendering in markdown
  • [enh] Added many styles (sup,sub,cite,code,ins,del,…)
  • [fix] Fixed the default values (and saving the default values)
  • [cng] Show invisibles is off as default

Note: Still testing in various browser

Please, let me know on github, what works and what doesn't. Thank you!

• Like 5

Great module! Thanks Adam for doing it, great job.

post-100-0-27171700-1354746869_thumb.png

1. I enabled invis and everytime I save the page there's some chars appended in the editor like -> -> -> I use MD textformatter, and have use focus mode on. Not sure what's happening.

3. Also I get some warning when debug mode on in admin: "Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /xxx/site/modules/InputfieldAceEditor/InputfieldAceEditor.module on line 125

Changing it to "if($field && $field->textformatters)" removes it.

2. Don't know if it's possible anway, but would be maybe nice if the "editor" area would be drag sizable in height like textareas.

Keep up the good work.

• Like 1

1.) Hm, I'll have to look at this. That would mean there are some tabs appended? probably

2.) Textareas have the resizing system-forced… Use Rows in the config ;)

3.) Thanks, I'll do it. Surprising that field doesn't know about itself, in your case?

So, besides little bughunting, I was thinking what would be the best thing to provide. And, I decided to focus on content creators. Check this super-cool thing out (you might want to go to youtube to see HighRes ;))

• Like 6

When saving an Inputfield using my new favourite inputfield I get an error message:

Error Call to undefined function _() (line 83 of /xxx/xxx/InputfieldAceEditor/InputfieldAceEditor.module)

Some sniffing on my part I found two issues here:

$field->description=_('Dims all but currently active line');

works if I change it too:

$field->description=$this_('Dims all but currently active line');

and

$field->description=_('Show non-printable characters like tabs or new line characters');

works if I change it to:

$field->description=$this->_('Show non-printable characters like tabs or new line characters');

Any clues on how to do this using GitHub? Tried to fork it, but that didn't seem the proper way. Thanks for creating this!

I don't think that is correct, is it?

Are you running latest version? I thought _() function was added as multilingual helper, as a global function? Anyway, I'll look into it, just post it int github as an issue please, thanks :)

---

Actually, thinking about it: you make changes in your repo, commit as usually, push into your repo on github, then go into mine and make a pull request :) That would be first pull request, so if you want to go the extra mile, I'd be glad :)

@adamkiss, I got some time to do this, but that would be tonight.

• Like 1

AceEditor is really great!

But I've found the some error in Chrome browser (it is already on github now, I've add the issue). And it only happenes when the cyrillic Russian symbols are typed.

Hm, I haven't really tested it with other than Latin-1 extended (and there might be the problem :)); Let's deal with this on GitHub.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By anderson
      Hi all,
      I'm a new to website building. Learned some CRASH course of js,jquery,php. Then I found CMS. Still learning around forum, youtube....
      Anyway, please help me with some beginer questions:
      1, About template - please correct me if I understand wrong : every page should be (or recommended) built on a template. So if in total I'll have 10 pages, 2 of them have same layout, I'll need 9 templates.  And, what fields a page includes, is not defined in page, but defined in the template that page uses. 
      2,  Where to see what modules I've installed? is it in "Modules - Site"? 
      3, I installed "PageTable Extended", then what?  As in a youtube tutorial, it should appear in Setup tab, but it doesn't.  What's in there: templates,fields,logs,comments. (I installed "Uikit 3 site_blog profile".)
      4, I did a search in Processwire website for the famous "repeater matrix" module, and can not find it, there's a Repeater, as well as a Matrix. Is it not a module?
      5, I watched this youtube tuts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHqnLQy9R1A
      Anybody familiar with this tuts please help: 
      After he analysed a target webpage layout he wanted to mimic, he created some fields, some template, then based on those he created a page and input some "content" in there, then clicked "view", it's just some text. So, here comes my question, he copied a folder "assets" (subfolders are: css,fonts,js,img) over, then the page have the appearance/layout he wanted to mimic. Where does that assets folder come from?
      Appreciate any help.
    • By mtwebit
      I've created a set of modules for importing (manipulating and displaying) data from external resources. A key requirement was to handle large (100k+) number of pages easily.
      Main features
      import data from CSV and XML sources in the background (using Tasker) purge, update or overwrite existing pages using selectors user configurable input <-> field mappings on-the-fly data conversion and composition (e.g. joining CSV columns into a single field) download external resources (files, images) during import handle page references by any (even numeric) fields How it works
      You can upload CSV or XML files to DataSet pages and specify import rules in their description.
      The module imports the content of the file and creates/updates child pages automatically.
      How to use it
      Create a DataSet page that stores the source file. The file's description field specifies how the import should be done:
      After saving the DataSet page an import button should appear below the file description.

When you start the import the DataSet module creates a task (executed by Tasker) that will import the data in the background.
      You can monitor its execution and check its logs for errors.

See the module's wiki for more details.
      The module was already used in three projects to import and handle large XML and CSV datasets. It has some rough edges and I'm sure it needs improvement so comments are welcome.
    • By dreerr
      TemplateEnginePug (formally TemplateEngineJade)

This module adds Pug templates to the TemplateEngineFactory. It uses https://github.com/pug-php/pug to render templates.
      doctype html html(lang='en') head meta(http-equiv='content-type', content='text/html; charset=utf-8') title= $page->title link(rel='stylesheet', type='text/css', href=$config->urls->templates . 'styles/main.css') body include header.pug h1= $page->title if $page->editable() p: a(href=$page->editURL) Edit Project on GitHub: github.com/dreerr/TemplateEnginePug
      Project in modules directory: modules.processwire.com/modules/template-engine-pug/

For common problems/features/questions about the Factory, use the TemplateEngineFactory thread.

• By Robin S
      Pages At Bottom
      Keeps selected pages at the bottom of their siblings.
      A "bottom page" will stay at the bottom even if it is drag-sorted to a different location or another page is drag-sorted below it (after Page List is refreshed the bottom page will still be at the bottom).
      Newly added sibling pages will not appear below a bottom page.
      The module also prevents the API methods $pages->sort() and $pages->insertAfter() from affecting the position of bottom pages.
      Note: the module only works when the sort setting for children on the parent page/template is "Manual drag-n-drop".
      Why?
      Because you want some pages to always be at the bottom of their siblings for one reason or another. And someone requested it. 🙂
      Usage
      Install the Pages At Bottom module.
      Select one or more pages to keep at the bottom of their siblings. If you select more than one bottom page per parent then their sort order in the page list will be the same as the sort order in the module config.

https://github.com/Toutouwai/PagesAtBottom
      https://modules.processwire.com/modules/pages-at-bottom/
    • By Robin S
      Another little admin helper module...
      Template Field Widths
      Adds a "Field widths" field to Edit Template that allows you to quickly set the widths of inputfields in the template.

Why?
      When setting up a new template or trying out different field layouts I find it a bit slow and tedious to have to open each field individually in a modal just to set the width. This module speeds up the process.
      Installation
      Install the Template Field Widths module.
      Config options
      You can set the default presentation of the "Field widths" field to collapsed or open. You can choose Name or Label as the primary identifier shown for the field. The unchosen alternative will become the title attribute shown on hover. You can choose to show the original field width next to the template context field width.  
      https://github.com/Toutouwai/TemplateFieldWidths
      https://modules.processwire.com/modules/template-field-widths/