wbmnfktr

One Click ProcessWire in Laragon

I know from a trusted source that some of you use Laragon as their prefered Windows DEV solution.

Due to a recent conversation I noticed that there might be a nice little feature some of you may not know about.

Laragon offers the Quick app option with some tools already predefined. In order to have ProcessWire there as well you just have to add one (two with a comment) line to your Laragon configuration.

# ProcessWire
ProcessWire=composer create-project processwire/processwire %s

1965190218_2019-06-1319_01_55.thumb.png.69fac35fca495242eb773fc77b9a88e2.png

Just in case you want to start your next project a little bit faster.

• Like 4

Yes  I use also Laragon but don't see Quick app, I guess in my version it is called Quick create . . .

laragon-1.jpg.120be171d09ac145908fd000ad101fa0.jpg

Maybe they renamed it for whatever reason.

Try to add the line to your configuration. I guess it should work in your version as well.

• Like 1

Same here, now I know why I didn't know about it 😉 

p0ywsiB.png

I'm using version 3.1 because I had something not working on 4.0 - I guess you are on a newer version?

You can actually add it to those "Quick create"-versions as well. It should work. Add the line to your configuration and give it a try.

Is there a reason why you guys use Laragon instead of WSL?  I used WampServer for years, but like Laragon, its using the Windows version of Apache, MySQL and PHP.  While that works, I feel the Windows versions of those will always be second class.  Add in things like node and Windows' character limits for file paths (which I think has now been resolved) and it gets more dicey.  Also, it's probably slower.

I don't use a Mac or Linux, so when WSL came out, Microsoft basically fixed a huge problem for people like us (Windows users doing non-Windows development... that is, LAMP stuff).

Why not just use WSL?  You get rsync and all the Linux utilities that I don't know how I lived without.

There's a little bit of initial setup, but I've boiled that down into 10 minutes with a set of commands that'll make ProcessWire run perfectly.

• Like 1

In contrast to you and several others here my focus is more towards frontend development, some technical SEO stuff and only a few bits of real programming. Some hooks, some minor module stuff but nothing fancy. So I looked for something that is super easy to use with everything I need for my jobs. 

I used and tested a lot of tools but at the end I stayed with Laragon as it's doing exactly what I need. In the last few days I started to use PW Kickstart from @bernhard which adds another layer of comfort to my workflow.

As it works as expected I feel no need to change my setup.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Jonathan Lahijani said:

Is there a reason why you guys use Laragon instead of WSL?

Because it brings a lot of tools out of the box and makes everything really simple:

• New project --> create a new folder and klick reload
  • MySQL --> HeidiSQL on board
  • Testing E-Mails --> Mailcatcher on board
  • Share your current work with a client --> ngrok on board

But yes, sometimes it would be great to have a "real" linux machine for development. I've never tried WSL, but I've tried devilbox and came back to laragon because of its simplicity.

• Like 1

Is there a reason why you guys use Laragon instead of WSL?

I tried a lot of them before: Ampps, EasyPHP, Fenix, HFS, UniForm, USB, Laragon, UWamp, Wamp and ZWamp.
For me Laragon came definitely out as the best in:

1) easy interface
2) simple switching between php versions
3) auto virtual hosts
4) speed
5) stability

• Like 1

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By anderson
      Hi,
      Just started all this. 
      With laragon, I built a site to c:\laragon\www\, with Beginner profile. 
      After creating several pages, I built another tutorial site to c:\laragon\www\helloworld\, this time with Blank profile. (I used all the same admin and mysql user/pswd as the other site. )  Then I walked through the learning process, planet earth, etc...... everything ok, learning done.
      But when I got back to the other site, admin login failed, and http://localhost points to that tutorial site.
      So, multiple sites are not possible with laragon? 
      Is there any way I could fix it ?  I don't want to lose those work I did.
      Thanks.
    • By kongondo
      I am trying out multi-instance support in a multi-site setup (option #1, multiple databases) on a Windows Machine (but using a LAMP stack). I am getting a Fatal error in ProcessWire.php #line 877, Failed opening required  '/F:/vhosts/sandpit.dev/wire/config.php' (include_path='.;C:\php\pear') in F:\vhosts\sandpit.dev\wire\core\ProcessWire.php on line 877
      I am using the following API
      $path = "F:/vhosts/sandpit.dev/site-mediamanager/"; // OR // $path = "F:\\vhosts\\sandpit.dev\\site-mediamanager\\"; $url = "http://mediamanager.sandpit.local/"; $site = new ProcessWire($path, $url); Here is Line #877
      require("$rootPath/$wireDir/config.php"); In my code, $path is an absolute path on the windows machine. In the above example, I want ProcessWire to find the /site-mediamanager/config.php, which is a multi-site running off one Wire powered through the main /site/.
      As you can see in the error, ProcessWire is adding an extra forward slash to the path, i.e. 
      '/F:/vhosts/sandpit.dev/wire/config.php' 
      instead of 
      'F:/vhosts/sandpit.dev/wire/config.php' 
      which obviously fails. I have traced the origin to line #784 in ProcessWire.php
      $rootPath = '/' . implode('/', $parts); // remove siteDir from rootPath The pre-pended / causes the error. Remove that and multi-instance works fine in my environment.
      Before I report this as a bug, has anyone ran into this issue? Alternatively, could someone on a Windows machine please test the multi-instance feature for me? Maybe even someone using an absolute path on any machine? Preferably test in a multi-site setup (option #1). If this is a bug, it would be nice if it gets fixed before the imminent master release.
      PW version 3.0.85 (but also tested on the latest dev version).

Thanks.
    • By FrancisChung
      Hi there,
      I have an older Macbook Pro which I'm trying to use as a Desktop Machine for the occasional work-at-home machine.
      I was using Resilio Sync to sync my projects between my main laptop and every time there's a problem with the sync, it seems to delete random files and folders. So anyone using Resilio Sync, think again.
      I would have used rsync but if I recall correctly, I couldn't the get the command to work with my other laptop (rsync wouldn't accept my destination path).  I also have some files I sync between the main laptop and my Windows box, so that was another reason why I opted for Resilio Sync at the time.
      So after spending a few hours recovering my files today, I've decided enough is enough (3rd time it's failed)  and am looking for a new way to sync files between 2 OSX Laptops and a Windows box.

Anyone have a foolproof, stress-free solution that they use?
      Thanks!
    • By steveooo
      Hello guys,
      I am using some nested PageTables and with every PageTable field the user clicks on, a modal window appears. Because every modal window's width & height are not 100%, every nesting step shrinks the window.

Does someone have any solution for this problem?
      Best wishes,
      steveooo
    • By mrjasongorman
      I have IIS 8.5 running PHP 5.6 and i can't get Processwire to work.
      Normal PHP executes, but when i go to processwire it's just a blank page, even trying to display PHP errors just returns a blank page.
      my web.config is as follows (which worked on a previous windows processwire setup)
      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <configuration> <system.webServer> <rewrite> <rules> <rule name="CLEAN URLS" stopProcessing="true"> <match url="^(.*)$" ignoreCase="false" /> <conditions logicalGrouping="MatchAll"> <add input="{REQUEST_FILENAME}" matchType="IsFile" negate="true" /> <add input="{REQUEST_FILENAME}" matchType="IsDirectory" negate="true" /> </conditions> <action type="Rewrite" url="index.php?it={R:1}" appendQueryString="true" /> </rule> </rules> </rewrite> </system.webServer> </configuration> Can anyone with IIS and windows server knowledge help out?