dragan

Remember open tab in page edit mode?

Is it possible to open a specific tab, when in page-edit mode?

Let's say I have 5 tabs (more than just the default "content" tab - 4 more created with field-groups), and the user is in tab 3. How can I possibly manage to set tab 3 again to active/selected when the same user wants to edit the same page after x days?

Are there any in-built methods I could use? And which hook(s) would be necessary?

When saving the admin remembers which tab was open (only on non-ajax tabs unfortunately). You can link directly to one tab by appending the id like this:

.../page/edit/?id=123#ProcessPageEditSettings

• Like 1

I know, but if you leave the admin, logout or go somewhere else, e.g. edit another page or whatever, you'll find that you get the 1st tab again.

The general idea behind this question is: A relatively big page (lots of fields, lots of "show only if" conditions) should be split up into several "process steps" - hence the tabs approach. The user is supposed to be "guided" in the page-editing process that if he only has completed tab 1-3, the next time the page-edit screen is opened, tab 4 is shown. Think of multi-step forms, a shop checkout process or similar.

you can also use ?field=yourtab to show only the fields of this tab. I'm using this sometimes combined with the pw side panel

edit: this only works with custom fieldsettabs, but maybe you can list the fields one by one, like ?fields=yourfield1,yourfield2

• Like 1

?field=yourtab

It's probably too late right now... approaching midnight here, but I am not sure where or how to use this. Do you have a simple example? You add that to your page-edit link as a param? If so, that's not an option, since I don't want to write a module, but still be in the "default" page-edit area. I don't want to mimick or refactor the whole page-editing somewhere else.

The built-in WireJqueryTabs is configurable but doesn't offer the exact same thing you need.

I would add an extra hidden field and save the current tab name via hook on page save, then retrieve this value somehow on page load, with a hook or js, and set the tab accordingly.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By rick
      Hello all,
      I am creating a simple ProcessModule to better understand ProcessWire itself, but have stumbled in my attempts. Here is a sample scenario:
      I would like the processmodule interface to have two tabs, one for an overview and the second for details.  Both tabs contain two comboboxes where the user can select options. A 'refresh' button to update the display with the currently selected options. I will add the form to process the combobox selections when I get the tabs to work (unless this is out of order).
      I cannot seem to create the two tabs. I have tried the many examples present in the forum comments for similar subjects without success, referenced different source files, such as ProcessPageEdit, etc., a numerous existing module source code.
      The latest 'simplified' attempt from my most recent forum search results is as follows:
      ProcessExample.module
      class ProcessExample extends Process implements Module, ConfigurableModule { ... public static function getModuleInfo() { return array( 'title' => 'Process Example', 'version' => 001, 'summary' => 'Sample Interface.', 'autoload' => false, 'singular' => true, 'permission' => 'page-edit', 'requires' => 'ProcessWire>=3.0.42', //'useNavJSON' => true, //Yes, I tried duplicating processpageedit without success ); } ... public function init() { $this->wire( 'modules' )->get( 'JqueryWireTabs' ); parent::init(); //$this->modules->get( 'JqueryWireTabs' ); // Neither position (before/after init) works. } ... public function ___execute() { $out = ''; $out .= "<div id='{$this->className}-tabs'>"; $out .= " <div id='{$this->className}-tab1'>Tab1</div>"; $out .= " <div id='{$this->className}-tab2'>Tab2</div>"; $out .= "</div>"; return $out; } ProcessExample.js
      if($("#ProcessExample-tabs").size()) { $("#ProcessExample-tabs").WireTabs({ items: $("#ProcessExample-tab1, #ProcessExample-tab2"), id: 'ProcessExample-tabs', rememberTabs: 1 }); } There are no errors shown in the console, notices (except those darn css map references), or logs when executing the above. The output displays as follows:

This is the resulting script references in the <HEAD> section:
      <script type='text/javascript' src='/example/wire/modules/Jquery/JqueryCore/JqueryCore.js?v=1510330240'></script> <script type='text/javascript' src='/example/wire/modules/Jquery/JqueryUI/JqueryUI.js?v=1510330240'></script> <script type='text/javascript' src='/example/wire/modules/Jquery/JqueryWireTabs/JqueryWireTabs.js?v=1510330240'></script> <script type='text/javascript' src='/example/site/modules/example/ProcessExample.js?v=1-1511168979'></script> <script type='text/javascript' src='/example/wire/modules/Process/ProcessPageSearch/ProcessPageSearch.js?v=106-1510330240'></script> <script type='text/javascript' src='/example/wire/templates-admin/scripts/inputfields.js?v=14k'></script> <script type='text/javascript' src='/example/wire/templates-admin/scripts/main.js?v=14k'></script> <script type='text/javascript' src='/example/wire/modules/AdminTheme/AdminThemeDefault/scripts/main.js?v=14k'></script> <script type='text/javascript' src='/example/wire/modules/Jquery/JqueryUI/panel.js?v=1510330240'></script> <script type='text/javascript' src='/example/wire/modules/System/SystemNotifications/Notifications.js?v=12'></script> Surely I am missing something simple, and hope better trained (and less tunnel vision) eyes can provide insight.

• By Mustafa-Online
      Hi Everyone, It's Been a While Since i Started Working With The "Super Lovely ProcessWire" & I Absolutely In Love With It .
      But, sometimes i feel lost, because the lack of tutorials "Specifically Videos" - i wish  there will be more tuts made by the community & from the ones who have
      The Experience.
      1- Regarding to the user profile, is there any way to show fields in Tabs ?? or if there in way to attach pages to user will be fine
      2- Markup-Regions : Where i can find the Docs that are Related to them ??

Thanx
    • By novalex
      Hi,
      New to PW, please forgive my ignorance if this has been answered before, I have scoured the docs and forums but couldn't find anything.
      I'm trying to add a custom tab to the Page Edit screen (or process), which will contain fields for a page hero. Ideally, I would have a "Hero" tab before "Content", which would contain fields for images, text, a CTA button, etc. What I have so far is this:
      class HeroTab extends WireData implements Module { public static function getModuleInfo() { return array( 'title' => 'Page Hero', 'version' => 1, 'summary' => 'Header fields for pages.', 'singular' => true, 'autoload' => true, ); } public function ready() { if(wire('page')->process != 'ProcessPageEdit') return; $this->addHookAfter('ProcessPageEdit::buildForm', $this, 'addTab'); } public function addTab(HookEvent $event) { $form = $event->return; // create the tab $hero = new InputfieldWrapper(); $hero->attr('id+name', $this->className() . 'hero'); $hero->attr('title', $this->_('Hero')); // Images $fimages = $this->modules->get("InputfieldImage"); $fimages->attr('id+name', 'hero_images'); $fimages->label = $this->_('Images'); $fimages->extensions = 'gif jpg jpeg png svg'; $hero->append($fimages); // Text $ftext = $this->modules->get("InputfieldCKEditor"); $ftext->attr('id+name', 'hero_text'); $ftext->label = $this->_('Text'); $hero->append($ftext); $form->prepend($hero); } } This adds the tab and the fields, but after the "View" tab. However, the bigger problem is that the fields do not save. When I click Save, the page refreshes, with the "Saved Page" notice, but the fields are empty.
      I got inspiration from https://github.com/adrianbj/ProcessRedirectIds/blob/master/ProcessRedirectIds.module, but I think it is for the older 2.x version because it originally used $form->append which put the bottom save button between the tabs and tab content.
      Any help would be appreciated, I am thoroughly lost and the documentation doesn't give any examples for what I'm trying to do.
      Cheers

• By gebeer
      Hello,
      I have a custom member user template with quite a lot of fields and would like to organize the fields of the profile edit page in tabs.
      I created tabs and they work just fine in the page edit screen.

I enabled all the tab fields for the profile edit page in the ProcessProfile module Admin > Modules > User Profile.
      But on the profile edit page they do not appear as tabs.
      I found that wire/modules/Jquery/JqueryWireTabs/JqueryWireTabs.js  and JqueryWireTabs.css do not get loaded on the profile edit screen.
      EDIT: even if I manually load in JqueryWireTabs.js and JqueryWireTabs.css, the tabs are not displayed.
      Is this intended behaviour or a bug?

• By cosmicsafari
      Hi all,
      I have created a new admin page which just lists some form submission details, it works as expected so I'm pretty happy with it. The only thing I can't figure out is how to now add a new tab which links to this custom page.
      From what I have read it seems like most people do this by including it as part of a module, I would like to avoid creating this a page as a module as it is specific to this website and has no reusability.
      However I am yet to find any documentation stating whether this is even possible without going down the module route.
      Any help would be much appreciated.