Noel Boss

Language (Tab) Order

Hi everyone 🙌

Is there a way to order the language tabs in the backend? Currently, they seem to be ordered based on the created date (or id?) …

( time passes … 🚶‍♂️)

Just answered my own question. One can reorder the languages in the page tree under admin » languages or directly in the DB » pages » template_id=54 » sord field.

Anyone knows if there are side effects when moving the default language from sort 0 to somewhere higher?

Is the default language tab still initially active after you increase its sort value? Or does PW always focus/activate the first visible tab?

On 10/29/2019 at 11:06 PM, d'Hinnisdaël said:

Is the default language tab still initially active after you increase its sort value? Or does PW always focus/activate the first visible tab?

Which tab is initially activated depends on the chosen user language. 

See \wire\modules\LanguageSupport\LanguageTabs.module line 69:

// determine the index of the tab for the user's language	
  $activeTab = 0;
  foreach($this->languages as $index => $lang) {
  if($lang->id == $language->id) $activeTab = $index;
}

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By gerritvanaaken
      Wouldn’t it be cool to have whole repeater items (or even repeater matrix items) language-specific. Some of my clients do have pages that are 90% identical in German and English, but there are some sections that should not appear in one or another language. I attached a concept screenshot.
      Would something like this be possible with some simple backend hooks and "hidden checkbox fields"? Or is it way more complicated?

• By Peter Knight
      <?php $Cats=$pages->find("parent=1086, id!=$page, sort=sort"); foreach($Cats as $Cat) { echo " I have a selector that pulls in 4 child pages of a parent and the order is set to reflect the order of the tree.
      My client has asked that instead of
      Cat 1 | Cat 2 | Cat 3 | Cat 4
      we instead display
      Cat 4 | Cat 1 | Cat 2 | Cat 3 
      However, I can't change the sort order in the tree.
      Can anyone guide me on the correct approach here?
      Thanks

• By nickngqs
      How do you guys sort according to the order of page listing?

My template is sort order none, so I assume it would return according to order of page listing.
    • By dragan
      Is it possible to open a specific tab, when in page-edit mode?
      Let's say I have 5 tabs (more than just the default "content" tab - 4 more created with field-groups), and the user is in tab 3. How can I possibly manage to set tab 3 again to active/selected when the same user wants to edit the same page after x days?
      Are there any in-built methods I could use? And which hook(s) would be necessary?
    • By Sten
      Hello,

This is not directly about language module but I think I can get information from you.
      Can I add a vendor module to have all languages written automatically into name?
      I used this vendor module which is good with any language (hebrew, arabic...). How could I add it, so admin interface can use it ?
      Thank you