Sign in to follow this  
opalepatrick

ordering by two dates

Hi, trying to order pages by modified date, date. I can do 'sort=-date_modified, sort=-date' but that will always put the modified date first regardless of actual date order. I just want to coalesce the two fields and sort. Any ideas would be appreciated.

There‘s the Same question here 😉 

• Like 1

Thanks for that @zoeck - I didn't pick that up even with a google site search! However, that seems to be more about either/or situations. I am trying to order by date desc with date_modified if it exists otherwise use date. Might be done in mysql with ORDER BY COALESCE(date_modified, date) 

I am re-reading just to be sure

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Noel Boss
      Hi everyone 🙌
      Is there a way to order the language tabs in the backend? Currently, they seem to be ordered based on the created date (or id?) …
      ( time passes … ⏰ 🚶‍♂️)
      Just answered my own question. One can reorder the languages in the page tree under admin » languages or directly in the DB » pages » template_id=54 » sord field.
      Anyone knows if there are side effects when moving the default language from sort 0 to somewhere higher?
    • By louisstephens
      I have done a bit of searching, but I can not seem to find an actual answer. I have a list of services as child pages under "Services". I can output the services just fine, but I cant wrap my head around how to group them "alphabetically" like:
      Services A - Service "A" 1 - Service "A" 2 - Service "A" 3 B - Service "B" 1 - Service "B" 2 - Service "B" 3 C - Service "C" 1 - Service "C" 2 - Service "C" 3 Has anyone achieved this type of functionality before?
    • By Peter Knight
      <?php $Cats=$pages->find("parent=1086, id!=$page, sort=sort"); foreach($Cats as $Cat) { echo " I have a selector that pulls in 4 child pages of a parent and the order is set to reflect the order of the tree.
      My client has asked that instead of
      Cat 1 | Cat 2 | Cat 3 | Cat 4
      we instead display
      Cat 4 | Cat 1 | Cat 2 | Cat 3 
      However, I can't change the sort order in the tree.
      Can anyone guide me on the correct approach here?
      Thanks

• By nickngqs
      How do you guys sort according to the order of page listing?

My template is sort order none, so I assume it would return according to order of page listing.