OAuth2Login

flydev

OAuth2Login for ProcessWire

A Module which give you ability to login an existing user using your favorite thrid-party OAuth2 provider (i.e. Facebook, GitHub, Google, LinkedIn, etc.)..
You can login from the backend to the backend directly or render a form on the frontend and redirect the user to a choosen page.
Built on top of ThePhpLeague OAuth2-Client lib.

Registration is not handled by this module but planned.

Howto Install

Install the module following this procedure:

- http://modules.processwire.com/modules/oauth2-login/
 - https://github.com/flydev-fr/OAuth2Login

Next step, in order to use a provider, you need to use Composer to install each provider

ie: to install Google, open a terminal, go to your root directory of pw and type the following command-line: composer require league/oauth2-google

Tested providers/packages :

•     Google :  league/oauth2-google
  •     Facebook: league/oauth2-facebook
  •     Github: league/oauth2-github
  •     LinkedIn: league/oauth2-linkedin

More third-party providers are available there. You should be able to add a provider by simply adding it to the JSON config file.

Howto Use It

First (and for testing purpose), you should create a new user in ProcessWire that reflect your real OAuth2 account information. The important informations are, Last Name, First Name and Email. The module will compare existing users by firstname, lastname and email; If the user match the informations, then he is logged in.

ie, if my Google fullname is John Wick, then in ProcessWire, I create a new user  Wick-John  with email  johnwick@mydomain.com

Next step, go to your favorite provider and create an app in order to get the ClientId and ClientSecret keys. Ask on the forum if you have difficulties getting there.

Once you got the keys for a provider, just paste it into the module settings and save it. One or more button should appear bellow the standard login form.

The final step is to make your JSON configuration file.

In this sample, the JSON config include all tested providers, you can of course edit it to suit your needs :

{
  "providers": {
    "google": {
      "className": "Google",
      "packageName": "league/oauth2-google",
      "helpUrl": "https://console.developers.google.com/apis/credentials"
    },
    "facebook": {
      "className": "Facebook",
      "packageName": "league/oauth2-facebook",
      "helpUrl": "https://developers.facebook.com/apps/",
      "options": {
        "graphApiVersion": "v2.10",
        "scope": "email"
      }
    },
    "github": {
      "className": "Github",
      "packageName": "league/oauth2-github",
      "helpUrl": "https://github.com/settings/developers",
      "options": {
        "scope": "user:email"
      }
    },
    "linkedin": {
      "className": "LinkedIn",
      "packageName": "league/oauth2-linkedin",
      "helpUrl": "https://www.linkedin.com/secure/developer"
    }
  }
}

Backend Usage

In ready.php, call the module :

if($page->template == 'admin') { 
	$oauth2mod = $modules->get('Oauth2Login'); 
	if($oauth2mod) $oauth2mod->hookBackend(); 
}

Frontend Usage
Small note: At this moment the render method is pretty simple. It output a InputfieldForm with InputfieldSubmit(s) into wrapped in a ul:li tag. Feedbacks and ideas welcome!

For the following example, I created a page login and a template login which contain the following code :

<?php namespace ProcessWire;

if(!$user->isLoggedin()) {

$options = array(
                'buttonClass' => 'my_button_class',
                'buttonValue' => 'Login with {provider}', // {{provider}} keyword
                'prependMarkup' => '<div class="wrapper">',
                'appendMarkup' => '</div>'
            );

$redirectUri = str_lreplace('//', '/', $config->urls->httpRoot . $page->url);

$content = $modules->get('Oauth2Login')->config(
              array(
                  'redirect_uri' => $redirectUri,
                  'success_uri'  => $page->url
              )
          )->render($options);
    }

The custom function lstr_replace() :

/*
 *  replace the last occurence of $search by $replace in $subject
 */
function str_lreplace($search, $replace, $subject) {
	return preg_replace('~(.*)' . preg_quote($search, '~') . '~', '$1' . $replace, $subject, 1);
}

Screenshot

1.thumb.png.e40cc1303d4e404380c4883fc5758520.png

OAuth2Login_pres.thumb.gif.3c120bd397a082cd55c1545b16b0bd49.gif

2.png

• Like 16

The module got renamed and updated a bit as its not intended to run only on the backend, but work also on frontend side.

- Now, the administrator can choose to activate or not the backend login buttons.

- The providers are added "dynamically". You have to simply edit a JSON config file which once saved, will show the required fields in the module settings.

For example the following JSON config will only provide Google as login provider :

{
      "helpUrl": "https://console.developers.google.com/apis/credentials"
    }
  }
}

Small note for pw users :

If like me you did not know, there is another module that manages OAuth2 authentication. Feel free to use the one which suit your needs! more info there:

@jmartsch you should create a new module thread :)

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Some more precisions : We can be able to code an adapter for Twitter application-only, and this is the list of what we can do with :

• Pull user timelines;
  • Access friends and followers of any account;
  • Access lists resources;
  • Search in Tweets;
  • Retrieve any user information;

So I must assume we can get at least the email and/or the firstname/lastname or a nickname.

@horst let me know if you will think to code something about that or I will give a try.

• Like 1

Many thanks @flydev , for digging deeper!

I'm currently out of resources to code something like this. Was just searching for an already available solution to login via twitter.

Registration should be done via PW only, where the PW username is set to the twitter username.
(Frontend)-Login then should be done via Twitter only.

So, if we would be able to retrieve the email address too, it would be more than I currently need. :)

• Like 1

I quite played with their API (i am talking about Twitter here), its absolutely not possible to retrieve private information with the OAuth2 protocol (still waiting a confirmation on the twittercommunity) but no big hope here. We are forced to use the OAuth 1.a protocol for those sensible datas.

So, there I come with two propositions. I can make an exception and integrate Twitter and OAuth-1.a in this module or I publish a standalone module for Twitter login.

What do you think, a suggestion ?

• Like 2

@flydev: Really I'm not feeling in the right position to give suggestions here. I appreciate all the work and recherche you do here, so you should decide what is lesser work or fits better for you, for what ever reason. - If, at the end, a solution is available that let people login with their twitter account, it would be really great and is much more than there is atm. :-)

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Hi @flydev ! Great plugin, works mostly like a charm! ;)

I had 2 issues tough:

1. with google, matching first- and last-name and usernames does not work with our setup (special chars in names that are not reflected in the username etc). I think, this makes the plugin somewhat unflexible. Would be great to have the option configure the matching, or at least an option to only match the users mail (checkbox in the backend). I just saw the "options" "scope" settings in your github json and wonder if this is already implemented but not documented?

2. We run our new page in a subdirectory and the redirect url is wrong (this is more of a process-wire issue since its not easy to get the absolute urls from the api) this results in path being present twice in the redirect url:

Problem: urls()->root + urls()->admin = //domain.com/path/ + /path/admin/ > //domain.com/path/path/admin/

This  solution would be the following:

// inside init()
$this->backendUrl = pages()->get('path="'.str_replace(urls()->root, '', urls()->admin).'", include=all')->httpUrl;

Keep up the great work!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

@noelboss hey, glad you like it.  Thanks for the fix ! I will merge your PR today.

About the issue #1, I will try to implement it the next week-end. Lacking time here.

For the Github scope option, I also need to make it more flexible. The thing is that with Github, if we don't specify the scope, we can only get a public email, and only if the user has set his email "public", which by default is set to hidden, so its impossible to use email address to identify users, and I assume that most users don't want to set their email public..

And about the issue you posted on Github, I think I have already made this modification on my local dev module. I will check that at the same time as the "firstname/lastname" order issue.

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

the moment I copy these lines

if($page->template == 'admin') {
    $oauth2mod = $modules->get('Oauth2Login');
    if($oauth2mod)
        $oauth2mod->hookBackend();
}

on ready.php I am getting this error

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function ProcessWire\urls() in C:\xampp\htdocs\Yush\wos\site\modules\Oauth2Login\Oauth2Login.module:72 Stack trace: #0 C:\xampp\htdocs\Yush\wos\wire\core\Modules.php(607): ProcessWire\Oauth2Login->init() #1 C:\xampp\htdocs\Yush\wos\wire\core\Modules.php(1288): ProcessWire\Modules->initModule(Object(ProcessWire\Oauth2Login), Array) #2 C:\xampp\htdocs\Yush\wos\wire\core\Modules.php(1145): ProcessWire\Modules->getModule('Oauth2Login') #3 C:\xampp\htdocs\Yush\wos\site\ready.php(13): ProcessWire\Modules->get('Oauth2Login') #4 C:\xampp\htdocs\Yush\wos\wire\core\ProcessWire.php(581): include('C:\\xampp\\htdocs...') #5 C:\xampp\htdocs\Yush\wos\wire\core\ProcessWire.php(479): ProcessWire\ProcessWire->includeFile('C:/xampp/htdocs...') #6 C:\xampp\htdocs\Yush\wos\wire\modules\Process\ProcessPageView.module(246): ProcessWire\ProcessWire->setStatus(4) #7 C:\xampp\htdocs\Yush\wos\wire\core\Wire.php(380): ProcessWire\ProcessPageView->___ready() #8 C:\xampp\htdocs\Yush\wos\wire\core\WireHook in C:\xampp\htdocs\Yush\wos\site\modules\Oauth2Login\Oauth2Login.module on line 72
Error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function ProcessWire\urls() in C:\xampp\htdocs\Yush\wos\site\modules\Oauth2Login\Oauth2Login.module:72
Stack trace:
#0 C:\xampp\htdocs\Yush\wos\wire\core\Modules.php(607): ProcessWire\Oauth2Login->init()
#1 C:\xampp\htdocs\Yush\wos\wire\core\Modules.php(1288): ProcessWire\Modules->initModule(Object(ProcessWire\Oauth2Login), Array)
#2 C:\xampp\htdocs\Yush\wos\wire\core\Modules.php(1145): ProcessWire\Modules->getModule('Oauth2Login')
#3 C:\xampp\htdocs\Yush\wos\site\ready.php(13): ProcessWire\Modules->get('Oauth2Login')
#4 C:\xampp\htdocs\Yush\wos\wire\core\ProcessWire.php(581): include('C:\\xampp\\htdocs...')
#5 C:\xampp\htdocs\Yush\wos\wire\core\ProcessWire.php(479): ProcessWire\ProcessWire->includeFile('C:/xampp/htdocs...')
#6 C:\xampp\htdocs\Yush\wos\wire\modules\Process\ProcessPageView.module(246): ProcessWire\ProcessWire->setStatus(4)
#7 C:\xampp\htdocs\Yush\wos\wire\core\Wire.php(380): ProcessWire\ProcessPageView->___ready()
#8 C:\xampp\htdocs\Yush\wos\wire\core\WireHook (line 72 of C:\xampp\htdocs\Yush\wos\site\modules\Oauth2Login\Oauth2Login.module) 

This error message was shown because: site is in debug mode. ($config->debug = true; => /site/config.php). Error has been logged.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, flydev said:

@rareyush I fixed the module, let me know if it works ✌️

I am getting options for outh option of google facebook, linkedin but still I am getting this error when I created a new template just to login

Error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function ProcessWire\str_lreplace() in C:\xampp\htdocs\Yush\wos\site\templates\Login.php:12
Stack trace:
#0 C:\xampp\htdocs\Yush\wos\wire\core\TemplateFile.php(287): require()
#1 C:\xampp\htdocs\Yush\wos\wire\core\Wire.php(380): ProcessWire\TemplateFile->___render()
#2 C:\xampp\htdocs\Yush\wos\wire\core\WireHooks.php(723): ProcessWire\Wire->_callMethod('___render', Array)
#3 C:\xampp\htdocs\Yush\wos\wire\core\Wire.php(442): ProcessWire\WireHooks->runHooks(Object(ProcessWire\TemplateFile), 'render', Array)
#4 C:\xampp\htdocs\Yush\wos\wire\modules\PageRender.module(514): ProcessWire\Wire->__call('render', Array)
#5 C:\xampp\htdocs\Yush\wos\wire\core\Wire.php(383): ProcessWire\PageRender->___renderPage(Object(ProcessWire\HookEvent))
#6 C:\xampp\htdocs\Yush\wos\wire\core\WireHooks.php(723): ProcessWire\Wire->_callMethod('___renderPage', Array)
#7 C:\xampp\htdocs\Yush\wos\wire\core\Wire.php(442): ProcessWire\WireHooks->runHooks(Object(ProcessWire\PageRender), 'renderPage', Array)
(line 12 of C:\xampp\htdocs\Yush\wos\site\templates\Login.php) 

This error message was shown because: site is in debug mode. ($config->debug = true; => /site/config.php). Error has been logged.

I used the code this code

<?php namespace ProcessWire;

if(!$user->isLoggedin()) {

$options = array(
		        'buttonClass' => 'my_button_class',
		        'buttonValue' => 'Login with {provider}', // {{provider}} keyword
		        'prependMarkup' => '<div class="wrapper">',
		        'appendMarkup' => '</div>'
		    );

$redirectUri = str_lreplace('//', '/', $config->urls->httpRoot . $page->url);

$content = $modules->get('Oauth2Login')->config(
	          array(
	              'redirect_uri' => $redirectUri,
	              'success_uri'  => $page->url
	          )
	      )->render($options);
	}

@rareyush  sorry, its a custom function, you can copy paste the code in _func.php or where you want :

/*
 *  replace the last occurence of $search by $replace in $subject
 */
function str_lreplace($search, $replace, $subject) {
	return preg_replace('~(.*)' . preg_quote($search, '~') . '~', '$1' . $replace, $subject, 1);
}

• Like 1

Can't Load URL: The domain of this URL isn't included in the app's domains. To be able to load this URL, add all domains and subdomains of your app to the App Domains field in your app settings.

having this issue I guess it's related to facebook api

Its one of the new Facebook security things yes. Please have a read to this article and  please don't slap me with a large trout, its a WP oriented blog ! ?

https://wp-native-articles.com/blog/news/how-to-fix-facebook-apps-error-cant-load-url-domain-url-isnt-included-apps-domains/

Facebook has been aggressively tightening security. Any new Facebook Login Apps create AFTER the beginning of March 2018 now have Use Strict Mode for Redirect URIs and Enforce HTTPS enabled by default and can no longer be disabled.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, flydev said:

Its one of the new Facebook security things yes. Please have a read to this article and  please don't slap me with a large trout, its a WP oriented blog ! ?

https://wp-native-articles.com/blog/news/how-to-fix-facebook-apps-error-cant-load-url-domain-url-isnt-included-apps-domains/

from march 2018 

"Use Strict Mode for Redirect URIs" is is enable for everyone and you just can't disable it 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Awesome plugin... Just a small doubt. For a user who login / register using the GMAIL account, can we ( the developer ) extract this user email address, which is the gmail address this particular person used to login ? IF yes, how  ?

thank you

• 4 months later...

Is it possible to use the oauth2 library from the league...  with google calendar or other google services?
Because I tried to use

$service = $provider->getGoogleClient();

but the getGoogleClient() method is unknown... so I think this library is just for social login useful, isn´t it?

• 4 months later...

@flydev

Thanks for this module. Alas, unfortunately it doesn't work here. 

I have followed your installation steps, changed the JSON to:

{
      "helpUrl": "https://console.developers.google.com/apis/credentials",
     "ClientId": "xxxxxxxxxxx-2q54e3b4n232hog8odtk66c7ogj7inl3.apps.googleusercontent.com",
     "ClientSecret":"xxxxxxxxC0fh1AfF7wwoW"
    }
  }
}

I installed the package via Composer in PW root (vendor folder is next to site/ and wire/).

However, I never see a provider screen in the module config after saving. And the frontend example just shows an empty form with just one hidden field. The backend variety throws an error:

Fatal Error: Uncaught ArgumentCountError: Too few arguments to function Oauth2Login::hookBackend(), 0 passed in /site/ready.php on line 12 and exactly 1 expected in /site/modules/Oauth2Login/Oauth2Login.module:175

Any idea what I might have missed?

edit: I installed the phpleague stuff via Composer locally, and then uploaded the vendor folder via FTP, along with the updated composer.json + composer.lock files. Not sure if that matters. Do I need to move the vendor folder elsewhere, i.e. somewhere in your module's folder maybe?

• Like 1