Modules Manager

Soma

Hi,

I've just started to test my dev site with php 5.6. When trying to download new modules via modules manager I got error:

PHP message: PHP Warning:  file_get_contents(): SSL operation failed with code 1. OpenSSL Error messages:
error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed in /usr/local/www/wwwroot/mysite/site/modules/ModulesManager/ModulesManager.module on line 736
PHP message: PHP Warning:  file_get_contents(): Failed to enable crypto in /usr/local/www/wwwroot/mysite/site/modules/ModulesManager/ModulesManager.module on line 736
PHP message: PHP Warning:  file_get_contents(https://github.com/apeisa/Thumbnails/zipball/master): failed to open stream: operation failed in /usr/local/www/wwwroot/mysite/site/modules/ModulesManager/ModulesManager.module on line 736

So I changed:

$context = stream_context_create(array('http' => $options));

to

$context = stream_context_create(array(
			'http' => $options,
			"ssl"  => array(
				"verify_peer"=>false,
				"verify_peer_name"=>false,
			),
			));

and now it works. I didn't have time to see is openssl changed in php 5.6.

• 6 months later...

Hi,

The Modules Manager module will not load for me. I keep getting this error:  the site/assets directory is writeable by PHP.

I logged into the Shell via terminal (mac), but couldn't even navigate to that directory (it kept saying its not found). I was going to try and use chmod...

But really I don't know what I'm doing... ???

Help?

• 5 months later...

Hi Peter - welcome to the forums!

I haven't used Modules Manager in that version of PW so not sure if it works, but I would expect it will.

It general it won't be dangerous and there are rarely any issues with modules not working on newer versions of the 2.x branch of PW. PW3 has resulted in some modules not working, but not that many really.

I would say go for it and if a module doesn't work in a new version please report it in the module's support thread.

• 2 months later...

Hi Soma,

I've just installed ModulesManager which generally seems to work fine on 3.0.16, however it does not find Tracy Debugger. Is it something to do with the fact that it's running on ProcessWire 3.0.16? Probably not, however it is rather strange that this module in question is not listed.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Soma,

I've just installed ModulesManager which generally seems to work fine on 3.0.16, however it does not find Tracy Debugger. Is it something to do with the fact that it's running on ProcessWire 3.0.16? Probably not, however it is rather strange that this module in question is not listed.

The modules limit is set to 350 currently. But there seems to be more than that already. If I set the config to 400 Tracy shows up. 

There's a hard limit on the webservice in modules.processwire.com for how many modules can be listed in one go, but can't remember how high Ryan set.

ModulesManager would need some recoding regarding the limit, but haven't got time and a good idea how to handle it using pagination.

However it's always possible to use the built in module installer.

• Like 1

Thanks for the explanation!

Sure, the built in module installer works fine. The idea behind using your module is to search for modules. The module directory's search on processwire.com works, but your module provides additional ways to fiter the directory which I like a lot.

The best thing would be to implement similar features for modules.processwire.com I suppose.

• 2 months later...