Showing page template in backend

Kurbel

Hi Guys,

something I'm wondering about: is there any easy solution to show the template (or template label) within the page tree in the backend.

The reason I'm asking is because we have a page tree consisting of many different pages and templates on the same level. For editors it would be nice to be able to see what template each page has without having to navigate into the page...

Cheers,
Kurbel

You can specify the fields to display in the page tree in the templates' "Advanced" tab. Just enter something like

{title} - [{template.name}]

where it says "List of fields to display in the admin Page List".

It may also be sufficient to assign a different icon for each template in the Advanced tab. These will be shown in front of the title (or custom label as above) in the page tree.

• Like 1

FYI, just added an "Edit template" tooltip to pagelist items in my module AdminOnSteroids (not yet committed). It's kind of a dirty hack because there's a link inside a link but with a few lines of jQuery it works :) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BitPoet said:

You can specify the fields to display in the page tree in the templates' "Advanced" tab. Just enter something like

{title} - [{template.name}]

where it says "List of fields to display in the admin Page List".

This curly brackets syntax doesn't work in PW 3.0.24 (and not in the config settings for the PageList module).