teppo

Module: Inputfield Trumbowyg

This is an inputfield module integrating Trumbowyg WYSIWYG editor into ProcessWire, quickly hacked together after some discussion at the Redactor thread. Trumbowyg is a light-weight alternative to more feature-rich editors, such as CKEditor or TinyMCE.

Both this module and Trumbowyg itself are still in alpha state.

Customisation options include only a subset of what Trumbowyg provides, more will be added in the near future. Also, link and image features as seen in other RTE modules (TinyMCE and CKEditor) are not implemented yet.

The module is available at https://github.com/teppokoivula/InputfieldTrumbowyg.

post-175-0-04742700-1404655083_thumb.png

• Like 15

Dude, you are on fire! ^-^:)

I guess Teppo is on holidays ;)

• Like 2

Really nice!

What I am personally missing, though, is the possibility to add "local" images to the document/field. Currently, only "external" ones (HTTP) are supported. Just look at TinyMCE to see what I mean... :)

Hi moonwhaler,

According to teppo's first post:

Also, link and image features as seen in other RTE modules (TinyMCE and CKEditor) are not implemented yet.
  • Like 1

@teppo

Thank you for this module. Exactly what I need.

@moonwhaler

There is a Trumbowyg plugin for image uploads.

I'm looking into adjusting trumbowyg.upload.php to use it with PW wireUpload.

Need an easy way for users to add images in a frontend form. I have read ongoing discussions about how PW implements image management and hope I can pull something together using this module.

Searched wysiwyg and textile (textile editor with toolbar would also be great...) javascript editors (ContentToolQuill, wysihtml) and also looked at Trumbowyg again. Looks like much progress and active maintained. :) Latest commit is 4 days ago. Emoji, upload, pasteimage, table, ... plugins.

@teppo

Will the PW module also be updated to the latest release and support plugins? 

Edited by pwFoo
added link to ContentTool editor demo

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Gadgetto
      Status update links (inside this thread) for SnipWire development will be always posted here:
      2019-10-18
      2019-08-08
      2019-06-15
      2019-06-02
      2019-05-25
      If you are interested, you can test the current state of development:
      https://github.com/gadgetto/SnipWire
      Please note that the software is not yet intended for use in a production system (alpha version).
      If you like, you can also submit feature requests and suggestions for improvement. I also accept pull requests.
      ---- INITIAL POST FROM 2019-05-25 ----
      I wanted to let you know that I am currently working on a new ProcessWire module that fully integrates the Snipcart Shopping Cart System into ProcessWire. (this is a customer project, so I had to postpone the development of my other module GroupMailer).
      The new module SnipWire offers full integration of the Snipcart Shopping Cart System into ProcessWire.
      Here are some highlights:
      simple setup with (optional) pre-installed templates, product fields, sample products (quasi a complete shop system to get started immediately) store dashboard with all data from the snipcart system (no change to the snipcart dashboard itself required) Integrated REST API for controlling and querying snipcart data webhooks to trigger events from Snipcart (new order, new customer, etc.) multi currency support self-defined/configurable tax rates etc. Development is already well advanced and I plan to release the module in the next 2-3 months.
      I'm not sure yet if this will be a "Pro" module or if it will be made available for free.
      I would be grateful for suggestions and hints!
      (please have a look at the screenshots to get an idea what I'm talking about)

• By eelkenet
      Hi! I've created a small Inputfield module called InputfieldFloatRange which allows you to use an HTML5 <input type="range" ../> slider as an InputField. I needed something like this for a project where the client needs to be able to tweak this value more based on 'a feeling' than just entering a boring old number. Maybe more people can use this so I'm hereby releasing it into the wild.  

What is it?
      The missing range slider Inputfield for Processwire. 
      What does it do?
      This module extends InputfieldFloat and allows you to use HTML5 range sliders for number fields in your templates.
      It includes a visible and editable value field, to override/tweak the value if required.  
      Features
      Min/max values Precision (number of decimals) Steps (Read more) Manual override of the selected value (will still adhere to the rules above) Usage
      Clone / zip repo Install FieldtypeFloatRange, this automatically installs the Inputfield Create new field of type `Float (range)` or convert an existing `Float`, `Integer` or `Text` field. To render the field's value simply echo `$page->field` Demo
      A field with Min=0, Max=1, Step=0.2, Precision=2

Field with settings Min=0, Max=200, Step=0.25, Precision=2

Todo
      Make the display-field's size configurable (will use the Input Size field setting)  Hopefully become redundant If it's usable for others I'll add it to the Modules list  
      Changelog
      v002
      - Fix issue where setting the step value to an empty value created problem with validation
      - Make the display-field optional 
      v001
      - Initial release

Thanks!

• By Robin S
      Another little admin helper module...
      Template Field Widths
      Adds a "Field widths" field to Edit Template that allows you to quickly set the widths of inputfields in the template.

Why?
      When setting up a new template or trying out different field layouts I find it a bit slow and tedious to have to open each field individually in a modal just to set the width. This module speeds up the process.
      Installation
      Install the Template Field Widths module.
      Config options
      You can set the default presentation of the "Field widths" field to collapsed or open. Field widths entered into the Template Field Widths inputfield are only applied if the Edit Template form is submitted with the Template Field Widths inputfield in an opened state. "Collapsed" is the recommended setting if you think you might also use core inputs for setting field widths in a template context. You can choose Name or Label as the primary identifier shown for the field. The unchosen alternative will become the title attribute shown on hover. You can choose to show the original field width next to the template context field width.  
      https://github.com/Toutouwai/TemplateFieldWidths
      https://modules.processwire.com/modules/template-field-widths/
    • By adrian
      Tracy Debugger for ProcessWire
      The ultimate “swiss army knife” debugging and development tool for the ProcessWire CMF/CMS

Integrates and extends Nette's Tracy debugging tool and adds 35+ custom tools designed for effective ProcessWire debugging and lightning fast development
      The most comprehensive set of instructions and examples is available at: https://adrianbj.github.io/TracyDebugger
      Modules Directory: http://modules.processwire.com/modules/tracy-debugger/
      Github: https://github.com/adrianbj/TracyDebugger
      A big thanks to @tpr for introducing me to Tracy and for the idea for this module and for significant feedback, testing, and feature suggestions.