mjut

Additional CSS for admin templates

Hello!

I am trying to get some extra css-file into my admin templates. I managed to modify my admin.php to this:

<?php namespace ProcessWire;
	require($config->paths->adminTemplates . 'controller.php'); 
	echo "<link rel='stylesheet' type='text/css' href='" . $config->urls->templates . "css/admin.css'>";

By doing so, the css <link> is added to the very end of each parsed admin-html. (right AFTER the closing </body> tag.)
That causes some trouble. e.g. the page tree is not displaying any more. Although, other pages are working - like the edit form of a page.

My question: is there a correct way of adding my extra css to the admin area?

Thanks for you help!

Stephan

Hello @mjut,

I have no experience with adding CSS for admin templates, but you could try out the module Admin Custom Files😉

If you don't want to use an extra module for that, maybe someone else will jump in.

Regards, Andreas

Welcome to the forums @mjut

You need to use $config->scripts->add() for JS and $config->styles->add() for CSS .These need to be added before the controller.php

$config->scripts->add($config->urls->templates . "scripts/admin.js");
$config->styles->add($config->urls->templates . "styles/admin.css");
// this comes last
require($config->paths->adminTemplates . 'controller.php'); 

Edited by kongondo
  • Like 4

Thank you for the input!

@AndZyk that module is amazing. I fiddled around with it for a bit - the number of tweaks is unlimited! I have to save this for other projects. It seems a bit of an overkill for my needs now.

The other approach is exactly what i was looking for! Thank you tons @kongondo - this works like a charm.

Cheers

Stephan

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By NorbertH
      As we are building some webapplications with the PW backend , having those really big spacings between all field elements in forms and everywhere is not too practical. 
      UI Kit already has less spacings between all elements than Bootstrap for example , but i am looking fore a more condensed BE Theme.  Maybe someone already made something like that?
    • By VeiJari
      Hello, our customer doesn't like the fact that they have to first add a title and then add the other info in the form. Therefore, we've enabled the way to skip this by making a temporary file before saving.
      But the problem is that by using module schedulepages in this piece of code in the module:  
      if (!$page->isNew() && $page->publishable() && $page->isChanged('status') && $page->is(Page::statusUnpublished) && $page->publish_from) {
                  $this->session->error($this->_("“Publish From Date” field was cleared to prevent the page from being unintentionally re-published on the next Lazy Cron run."));
                  $page->publish_from = null;
                  $page->save('publish_from');
              }
      it fires even with the temporary file and therefore after first save it resets the publish_from field. Is there a way to check if template is temporary, or something along those lines?
      One solution is just to ask the customer to first save the form after adding a title, but I don't see that as a good solution.
    • By BitPoet
      Inspired by this thread with a little nugget based on AOS by @benbyf to visually distinguish development systems from production ones, I wrote a small module that does the same and lets you adapt colors and text.
      Link to the github repo:
      AdminDevModeColors
      Version 0.0.1 is still very alpha and only tested on PW 3.0.124.
      Description
      This module lets you change the color for the top toolbar and add a small piece of text for development systems, so you are immediately you aren't working on production (and vice versa). The adaptions are made through pure CSS and applied if either the "Enable DEV mode" checkbox in the module's configuration is checked or the property $config->devMode is set to true in site/config.php.
      Works with Default, Reno and Uikit admin themes (though probably needs a lot of testing with different versions still).
      Since a screenshot says more than thousand words...
      Production system (unchanged):

Dev system (Default admin theme):

Dev system (Reno admin theme):

Dev system (Uikit admin theme):

Feel free to leave any feedback here and report any problems either in this thread or the github issue tracker.

• By angelo, italy
      Hi guys... I love pw!
      I'm trying to update a template of the multilanguagge website. I created a field, i called it "headimage" and I added it to the home template. .. . But I can t see any image!!! Where is the issue??
      Thanks
      my friends

• By SwimToWin
      The basic Processwire workflow assumes that I (as an Editor) want to save new Pages in draft mode - and therefore new pages are always set to unpublished by default. To publish the page, it is necessary to actively press "Publish", otherwise the Page will not be visible.
      The workflow is:
      Add new Page Status is now "Unpublished: Not visible on site." Press Publish - the page is now visible on site I want to publish pages right away (without having to press Publish).
      Where is that configured?
      ProcessWire 3.0.123
      Uikit v3 admin theme (0.3.0)