thomasaull

Module: RestApi

@pmichaelis If the error is thrown in line 131 it's likeley there is an error with the JWT Authorization. Maybe the Token you're submitting is not valid, maybe something else. Hard to tell with the little information you provided.

Oh, just noticed you already mentioned the JWT Auth… 🙂 Probably the error is produced in those 4 lines:

$secret = wire('modules')->RestApi->jwtSecret;
$token = str_replace('Bearer', '', $authHeader);
$token = trim($token);
$decoded = JWT::decode($token, wire('modules')->RestApi->jwtSecret, array('HS256'));

if the secret is in your config and you didn't change it, I'd check if the token gets transmitted properly with the request.

5 hours ago, thomasaull said:

@pmichaelis If the error is thrown in line 131 it's likeley there is an error with the JWT Authorization. Maybe the Token you're submitting is not valid, maybe something else. Hard to tell with the little information you provided.

@thomasaull It seems that the authorisation headers are not present.

Added the following line to the htaccess:

RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]

auth headers are stored in following variable

$_SERVER['REDIRECT_HTTP_AUTHORIZATION'];

Please don't ask why.

@pmichaelis I'm gonna ask anyway: Why? 😉

Seems like a weird server config, but I could add this to the variables the module checks by default.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/28/2019 at 3:17 PM, eelkenet said:

Here is the final cleaned-up and more secure 'api' template that I am using in between the RestApi router and ProCache, perhaps it can be of some help:

I ran into issues with a slow server using this method, where wireHttp would already resolve a result while RestApi was still running.
So with help from my co-worker @harmvandeven we came up with a more stable version, with some more redundancy: 

<?php

/*

api.php, a simple PW template to fill the gap between the RestApi and ProCache modules
    v2

@author: @eelkenet, with help from @harmvandeven & @ryan

1. Create a template called 'api' and set it up using the following settings:
    - Allow URL segments
    - Allow guests to view the page
    - Set the Content-Type to application/json
    - Make sure to NOT Prepend or Append any files

2. Add a page using this template and allow ProCache to run its magic

*/

$timeout = 600;
$maxAttempts = 10;

// Pre-check for unwanted symbols
if (strpos($input->urlSegmentStr(), '.') !== false) {
    throw new Wire404Exception();
}

// Build request URL
$endpoint = $modules->get("RestApi")->endpoint;
$url = $input->scheme() . "://" . $config->httpHost . "/" . $endpoint ."/" . $input->urlSegmentStr();

$http = new WireHttp();

// Set a high timeout, to deal with a slow server
$http->setTimeout($timeout);

// Get the HTTP status of the page, to make sure it exists in the first place
$status = $http->status($url);

// If the page exists, or possibly redirects to valid content
if ($status >= 200 && $status < 400) {

$result = false;
    $attempt = 0;

// If the result isn't a string, something went wrong
    while(gettype($result) !== "string" && $attempt++ < $maxAttempts) {

$result = $http->get($url);
        if ($attempt > 1) wire()->log->message("Loading content at $url, attempt $attempt: " . gettype($result));
    }

// Double check if the data is a string..
    if (gettype($result) === "string"){

// .. And check if it can be decoded, if so: return the data and thus cache it
        if (json_decode($result) !== NULL) return $result;

// If it cannot be decoded: throw exception (don't cache it)
        throw new WireException("Found the data at $url, but it could not be decoded. Please check your API output!");
    }

// Throw exception if data could not be loaded in time (don't cache it)
    throw new WireException("Found the data at $url, but could not load it in time, after $attempt attempts. Result has type: " . gettype($result));

}

// Throw generic exception if the requested page was not found or there was another error
throw new WireException("Failed to load the content at: $url, with HTTP status: " . $status);

• Like 4

Hi

I've just installed this module (processwire version 3.0.123) but I can't get anything off a connection. I tried a clean install without any modules activated and have the some problem. Is there anything that has to be installed to be able to get a response? I'm developing on a local environment of xampp and tried it on a mac os environment with mamp aswell.

I tested it on a production environment (online hosting) and there it is working. I'm guessing it has something to do with the local servers. Anybody has an idea what should be activated?

Thanks in advance

@thibaultvdb It's a bit difficult to help from here. One thing you could try is to go through the code in Router.php and return or exit early to find out until where the code runs. The main functions are "go()" and "handle()". Another idea is to compare php settings between your hosted and local environment with "phpinfo()". If you can isolate the issue it's much easier to help.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, thomasaull said:

@thibaultvdb It's a bit difficult to help from here. One thing you could try is to go through the code in Router.php and return or exit early to find out until where the code runs. The main functions are "go()" and "handle()". Another idea is to compare php settings between your hosted and local environment with "phpinfo()". If you can isolate the issue it's much easier to help.

The main functions are all going like they should. I tried comparing the php info like you said but those files are huge so hard to compare them and find out what is missing/wrong. Is there a localhost software you recommend that is working? Friends that have mamp pro don't have the issue but using mamp/xampp does give me the 404. It's strange that I don't get errors, only a 404 page.

If I can provide you anything please let me know since serverside issue's aren't my best area of working.

@thibaultvdb 

I think that by default on XAMPP your ProcessWire installation is in a subdir, and I bet that the module is giving you as api endpoint something like : /subdir/api instead of the /api endpoint. 

You should ask your friends to help you to setup your localhost environment to use a domain like  http://mylocalwebsite.local

To get started, you can follow the second answer here https://stackoverflow.com/questions/16229126/using-domain-name-instead-of-localhost-in-with-https-in-xampp

or follow this tutorial to use AcrylicDNS (the best solution IMO, do not be afraid, it's really easy to setup) https://www.ottorask.com/blog/automated-apache-virtual-hosts-on-windows/

Good luck.

• Like 3

@flydev I must say you are the savior of the day. The reason was indeed that xampp is putting "localhost" in front of the site url.
In my case this was "localhost/sitename" the RestApi module probably didn't understand this sitename url what gave me 404-pages all the time.

@thomasaull You mentioned that maybe this could be fixed through the settings of the module. Could you give an example of a path?
Maybe it's usefull to add a option to the module or something that notifies the user if it is using localhost or to automatically prefix this with localhost? I don't think I will be the only one that uses the localhost prefix 😛 

Thanks for the help already! Hopefully there is a possibility to handle this in the settings so I don't have to use these virtual hosts. Or maybe look at the processwire config? The processwire handles this localhost prefix perfectly.

@thibaultvdb In the module settings there is an input for "API Endpoint" — can you try to change the value there to "localhost/api" and report back if this works for you?

• Like 1

@thomasaull changing the api endpoint didn't solve it (I tried a few things already). I solved it by using the virtual host for this project but for the future and others a localhost sollution would be lovely!
If I can provide anything more, please tell me!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Robin S
      Repeater Images
      Adds options to modify Repeater fields to make them convenient for "page-per-image" usage. Using a page-per-image approach allows for additional fields to be associated with each image, to record things such as photographer, date, license, links, etc.
      When Repeater Images is enabled for a Repeater field the module changes the appearance of the Repeater inputfield to be similar (but not identical) to an Images field. The collapsed view shows a thumbnail for each Repeater item, and items can be expanded for field editing.
      Screencast

Installation
      Install the Repeater Images module.
      Setup
      Create an image field to use in the Repeater field. Recommended settings for the image field are "Maximum files allowed" set to 1 and "Formatted value" set to "Single item (null if empty)". Create a Repeater field. Add the image field to the Repeater. If you want additional fields in the Repeater create and add these also. Repeater Images configuration
      Tick the "Activate Repeater Images for this Repeater field" checkbox. In the "Image field within Repeater" dropdown select the single image field. You must save the Repeater field settings to see any newly added Image fields in the dropdown. Adjust the image thumbnail height if you want (unlike the core Images field there is no slider to change thumbnail height within Page Edit). Note: the depth option for Repeater fields is not compatible with the Repeater Images module.
      Image uploads feature
      There is a checkbox to activate image uploads. This feature allows users to quickly and easily add images to the Repeater Images field by uploading them to an adjacent "upload" field.
      To use this feature you must add the image field selected in the Repeater Images config to the template of the page containing the Repeater Images field - immediately above or below the Repeater Images field would be a good position.
      It's recommended to set the label for this field in template context to "Upload images" or similar, and set the visibility of the field to "Closed" so that it takes up less room when it's not being used. Note that when you drag images to a closed Images field it will automatically open. You don't need to worry about the "Maximum files allowed" setting because the Repeater Images module overrides this for the upload field.
      New Repeater items will be created from the images uploaded to the upload field when the page is saved. The user can add descriptions and tags to the images while they are still in the upload field and these will be retained in the Repeater items. Images are automatically deleted from the upload field when the page is saved.
      Tips
      The "Use accordion mode?" option in the Repeater field settings is useful for keeping the inputfield compact, with only one image item open for editing at a time. The "Repeater item labels" setting determines what is shown in the thumbnail overlay on hover. Example for an image field named "image": {image.basename} ({image.width}x{image.height})  
      https://github.com/Toutouwai/RepeaterImages
      https://modules.processwire.com/modules/repeater-images/
    • By EyeDentify
      Hello There Guys.

I am in the process of getting into making my first modules for PW and i had a question for you PHP and PW gurus in here.

I was wondering how i could use an external library, lets say TwitterOAuth in my PW module.
      Link to library
      https://twitteroauth.com/

Would the code below be correct or how would i go about this:
      <?PHP namespace ProcessWire; /* load the TwitterOAuth library from my Module folder */ require "twitteroauth/autoload.php"; use Abraham\TwitterOAuth\TwitterOAuth; class EyeTwitter extends WireData,TwitterOAuth implements Module { /* vars */ protected $twConnection; /* extend parent TwitterOAuth contructor $connection = new TwitterOAuth(CONSUMER_KEY, CONSUMER_SECRET, $access_token, $access_token_secret); */ public function myTwitterConnection ($consumer_key, $consumer_secret, $access_token, $access_token_secret) { /* save the connection for use later */ $this->twConnection = TwitterOAuth::__construct($consumer_key, $consumer_secret, $access_token, $access_token_secret); } } ?> Am i on the right trail here or i am barking up the wrong tree?
      I don´t need a complete solution, i just wonder if i am including the external library the right way.
      If not, then give me a few hint´s and i will figure it out.

Thanks a bunch.

/EyeDentify
    • By dimitrios
      Hello,
      this module can publish content of a Processwire page on a Facebook page, triggered by saving the Processwire page.
      To set it up, configure the module with a Facebook app ID, secret and a Page ID. Following is additional configuration on Facebook for developers:
      Minimum Required Facebook App configuration:
      on Settings -> Basics, provide the App Domains, provide the Site URL, on Settings -> Advanced, set the API version (has been tested up to v3.3), add Product: Facebook Login, on Facebook Login -> Settings, set Client OAuth Login: Yes, set Web OAuth Login: Yes, set Enforce HTTPS: Yes, add "http://www.example.com/processwire/page/" to field Valid OAuth Redirect URIs. This module is configurable as follows:
      Templates: posts can take place only for pages with the defined templates. On/Off switch: specify a checkbox field that will not allow the post if checked. Specify a message and/or an image for the post.
      Usage
      edit the desired PW page and save; it will post right after the initial Facebook log in and permission granting. After that, an access token is kept.

Download
      PW module directory: http://modules.processwire.com/modules/auto-fb-post/ Github: https://github.com/kastrind/AutoFbPost   Note: Facebook SDK for PHP is utilized.

• By kongondo
      FieldtypeRuntimeMarkup and InputfieldRuntimeMarkup

Modules Directory: http://modules.processwire.com/modules/fieldtype-runtime-markup/
      GitHub: https://github.com/kongondo/FieldtypeRuntimeMarkup
      As of 11 May 2019 ProcessWire versions earlier than 3.x are not supported
      This module allows for custom markup to be dynamically (PHP) generated and output within a page's edit screen (in Admin).

The value for the fieldtype is generated at runtime. No data is saved in the database. The accompanying InputfieldRuntimeMarkup is only used to render/display the markup in the page edit screen.

The field's value is accessible from the ProcessWire API in the frontend like any other field, i.e. it has access to $page and $pages.

The module was commissioned/sponsored by @Valan. Although there's certainly other ways to achieve what this module does, it offers a dynamic and flexible alternative to generating your own markup in a page's edit screen whilst also allowing access to that markup in the frontend. Thanks Valan!

Warning/Consideration
      Although access to ProcessWire's Fields' admin pages is only available to Superusers, this Fieldtype will evaluate and run the custom PHP Code entered and saved in the field's settings (Details tab). Utmost care should therefore be taken in making sure your code does not perform any CRUD operations!! (unless of course that's intentional) The value for this fieldtype is generated at runtime and thus no data is stored in the database. This means that you cannot directly query a RuntimeMarkup field from $pages->find(). Usage and API

Backend
      Enter your custom PHP snippet in the Details tab of your field (it is RECOMMENDED though that you use wireRenderFile() instead. See example below). Your code can be as simple or as complicated as you want as long as in the end you return a value that is not an array or an object or anything other than a string/integer.

FieldtypeRuntimeMarkup has access to $page (the current page being edited/viewed) and $pages. 

A very simple example.
      return 'Hello'; Simple example.
      return $page->title; Simple example with markup.
      return '<h2>' . $page->title . '</h2>'; Another simple example with markup.
      $out = '<h1>hello '; $out .= $page->title; $out .= '</h1>'; return $out; A more advanced example.
      $p = $pages->get('/about-us/')->child('sort=random'); return '<p>' . $p->title . '</p>'; An even more complex example.
      $str =''; if($page->name == 'about-us') { $p = $page->children->last(); $str = "<h2><a href='{$p->url}'>{$p->title}</a></h2>"; } else { $str = "<h2><a href='{$page->url}'>{$page->title}</a></h2>"; } return $str; Rather than type your code directly in the Details tab of the field, it is highly recommended that you placed all your code in an external file and call that file using the core wireRenderFile() method. Taking this approach means you will be able to edit your code in your favourite text editor. It also means you will be able to type more text without having to scroll. Editing the file is also easier than editing the field. To use this approach, simply do:
      return wireRenderFile('name-of-file');// file will be in /site/templates/ If using ProcessWire 3.x, you will need to use namespace as follows:
      return ProcessWire\wireRenderFile('name-of-file'); How to access the value of RuntimeMarkup in the frontend (our field is called 'runtime_markup')

Access the field on the current page (just like any other field)
      echo $page->runtime_markup; Access the field on another page
      echo $pages->get('/about-us/')->runtime_markup; Screenshots

Backend

Frontend