uploading processwire to hosting online

danielholanda

Quick question!

I have everything prepared. I created the web locally with my MAMP. So I have a web working perfectly with CMS processwire, locally. I want to upload this to a hosting server. I suppose I have to install again processwire in this server, or not?. UPloading all these files via FTP to the online server will be enough? Or if I upload via FTP all my files I will still have to create all the fileds again in the online hosting? Or will thee settings be automatic?

Pleas let me know what I would have to do?

Thank you very much!

Dani

You have two options.

1. move all the files and the database to the server. You have instructions here http://processwire.com/talk/topic/27-moving-pw-between-staging-and-live-server/#entry63

2. create an installable copy of the website with the Site Profile Exporter module http://modules.processwire.com/modules/process-export-profile/

Hello, thanks!!!

I'm first trying out with the site profile exporter module. Lets see if that works. I followed all the steps and once I'm installing the new processwire into my online hosting I get this alert before installation:

Apache mod_rewrite does not appear to be installed and is required by ProcessWire.

The hosting is of a client of mine. How can I install this before the installation? As its the hosting I have no idea how I should do this. Please let me know, thank you!

Ask the hosting provider to install mod_rewrite. If it's hosted on a virtual server then you will probably find information on installing apache modules in the docs of one of the virtual host providers like SliceHost or Linode or on the apache website.