webhoes

review theme

10 posts in this topic

Hello, I have been working on my first pw site the last view days. Normally I work with Wordpress.

I never really had to make a theme myself so this was a nice challange. I took some parts from another theme and added some scripts I found online.

The waves on the frontpage are based on repeating field. A text area, background color, wave color and yes/no for the waves.

The contact form is made of PHP as I could not get a javaScript solution working.

Please share some input to make it better... and please be nice as it is my first attempt at PW..

link is: pw.webhoes.nl

Sanne

2 people like this

Hi Sanne, nicely done. At first glance, I spotted two small issues: the carousel arrows unfortunately don't work, and the "LEES MEER" buttons on the portfolio page aren't functional (I'm using Firefox here). That said, I like the soft slide-into-place effect on navigating between pages, and the styling is pleasing and harmonic.

1 person likes this

Hello BitPoet, thanks.

I meant to get rid of the arrows as I don't want a slider. Just removed them.

Is the div of the waves too high? I use firefox too and here it works.
The images of the portfolio page should also be clickable. Do they work with you?

Sanne

The waves div is fine for me. The images themselves do work as links, but my first instinct was to click the buttons below.

Hello @webhoes,

on your project detail pages, the hero image zooms into the content below while scrolling. You should add a background color to the content below to avoid this. ;)

Also, you seem to have some console errors (for example [[ ++site_url]]). Maybe you are using a template engine, which produces those.

Regards, Andreas

Hello AndZyk,

I noticed that on the project details. The background is set to #121212 but it still seems partly transparant for some reason. I have not jet found the part to disable that.

Those are modx chunks. I used some parts of a modx template.

If this template ever goes live, I will populate them with variables from the page.

This CSS rule should be enough in your case, but maybe you want to be more specific:

.zoom-out-header-content {
    background-color: white;
}

Also I wouldn't provide a link to the admin on the front end, but this is just my opinion and maybe your are using this only for development. ;)

Hi Sanne nice work you done and the resposive working great just one suggestion, when I scroll down header section is not visible but when I scroll up it appears in my chrome browser.

Edited by adrian
Removed spammy link

Hi @webhoes

Site looks good.
On Portfolio page, Chrysemys and Defense Lab are too wide and slightly obstruct the text.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By vvanasperen
      Hi,
      I'm very new to ProcessWire and honestly I don't really know where to start. I keep postponing it. A colleague told me that an existing theme would be a great starting and learning point, but the fact is that I can't find the kind of theme I need. What I want to do is to have my collection of comic books online, but in a responsive way and with the possibility to quickly see which comics are missing (when I'm at a convention for example) or which ones I want in  a better condition. There are a lot of things I can think of, but let's start with the basics and that is a theme to display my collection. Anyone see anything like that online? Love to hear from you guys. Thanks.
      Kind regards,
      Vincent
    • By zilli
      Hello,

I'm struggling to structure my website, so I thought I could have a little help from you guys.

I'm making a doctor/clinic appointment/booking type of website. The website will list several doctors/clinics. The user (front-end) will be able to choose one and make the booking. Each doctor has her own page and offers one or more type of treatment. Each doctor's staff will have their own profile page(back-end) where she can login and update their doctor listing and schedule. The back-end part is my problem. How would you setup that?

Regards
    • By benbyf
      think i've got myself into a muddle here but i've got each template as a section in my homepage, when I go to each page they work fine (as they wrap the _main page content after), but on the homepage template I want to get all children and rendren the retun from JUST the template itself i.e. getting all the $content returns.
      Any way of doing this, not somthing I would normally do, just don't want to basically replicate each template into my homepag template as they may go out of sync.
      Thanks
    • By MilenKo
      Greetings to all of you gorgeous people here. I have stumbled across ProcessWire while looking for functionality info on MODx Revo and I felt in love with it. As far as I am not a programmer and have enough books to read and learn throughout my IT job, I was looking for something to be easy (for starting) and that can let me have fun and learn something extra.
      To make the learning memorable, I am always diving into the matter so following my habit in PW too, I decided to pick up a more complex HTML theme and make it dynamic using PW.
      Am I a programmer - well, I can read and eventually modify some code, but to write it from scratch - not anywhere close. Am I an HTML guru - not exactly, and that is why I decided to grab a theme I like and play with it. My only requirement was to have a well written and fully validated responsive theme. So I found THIS ONE and plan to work with it (already purchased to support the developer).
      I am planning to share my approaches and the progress so would appreciate any shared thoughts, advice, and even some criticism if you see me getting into a wrong direction. Having done most of the project under ModX it should not be that difficult for me to have all the bits and pieces in place. Where I am not sure yet how that would be done are the pull up of the latest posts/comments, the categories with listings, search, and some other stuff. What I found great in PW was the fact that it already has a fully working theme that I can dissect, read through a zooming glass and take some code from there. 
      My first question is - which way should I go for the repetitive pieces of code (chunks) - should I create an include folder in site/templates and put all my pieces as XXXX.inc or I should just add those in the database as templates with no file assigned to them and set as not searchable etc. I would appreciate if you share your best experience and give some info why that is the better option so that I can understand the approach and turn it into a proper habit.
      Once I have this cleared out, I would start documenting the process so any corrections or better approaches can be suggested.
      Wish me luck on that journey and let's make it happen together. Shall we?
    • By AndZyk
      Hello,
      this is a small request, but since a while I develop exclusive in Google Chrome and if I have the developer tools open and try to access the back end, I always get following notification:
      It seems like the Chrome developer tools are looking for a css map file inside the AdminThemeReno, which is not present.
      Maybe this doesn't bother anybody and it is rare, that I try to access the back end with the developer tools, but I just wanted to point this out. 
      Regards, Andreas