E-commerce tutorial with ProcessWire + Snipcart: your thoughts?

maxlab

Hey everyone,

Max from Snipcart here!

We just published a full tutorial showing how to use ProcessWire + Snipcart (our dev-first HTML/JS shopping cart platform) to enable e-commerce. It was pretty much my first time playing around with the Apache/MySQL/PHP stack, so I'd love to get some feedback on the demo code. Oh, and also, if you feel like the Snipcart integration could have been done in a different/better way with ProcessWire, let me know!

> Blog post tutorial
> (Very) simple live demo
> GitHub repo

Cheers folks. :)

• Like 22

@Rudy thanks for taking the time to check it out! Much appreciated. Always fun to get to learn about new tools and discover their ecosystem/reality. :)

You can actually handle recurring payments & subscription with Snipcart (docs here), but the feature is still in beta. Basically, we only support Stripe, and don't support shipping/discounts yet. We'll try to work on improving the feature by the end of the year most likely!

@Christophe these look helpful! Taking a deeper look soon. Cheers!

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 10/20/2016 at 4:34 AM, maxlab said:

@Marty Walker Looking good! :)

@FrancisChung Let us know if you've got questions, anytime, at geeks@snipcart.com

I have something to discuss for an upcoming e-commerce project. Client has only mentioned about it nothing solid so far. Initially my thoughts went straight to use OpenCart since its already a well-built block for E-Commerce but I am well versed in Processwire than Opencart. So just searching for the options in PW for an e-commerce website. 

I shall send you an email to geeks@snipcart.com