tpr

Module: Template Latte Replace

Template Latte Replace

Latte template engine support for ProcessWire

Having wrote about this one for a few times and now here it is. The readme is not complete but should give a solid starting point.

Feel free to ask if something's not clear.

https://github.com/rolandtoth/TemplateLatteReplace

Edited by owzim
added Latte link
  • Like 11

Thanks! Keep in mind that it requires PW 3 because of the namespace. There' no specific reason to make it PW 3 only but currently I have no time to rewrite.

Just added two global functions t() and n() to make string translations easier (v0.12).

• Like 2

Hi @tpr!

First of all, thank you for this module! I decide to use it instead of jade-php on my current project.

The problem is, I can't get the translations on _string.php to work.

I was getting an error when using v0.12 and i just saw that you released to 0.14. I download it, the error is gone but the translation won't appear, only the default text.

I tried directly on the .latte:

{_'text to translate'}

And setting a $view->variable on the controller. 

Any hints? What am I missing?

EDIT: I'm using the latest PW dev

Thanks!

And setting a $view->variable on the controller

You don't need to set any variable for translation. If you need to translate string in the controller, use "_t('Text to translate').

In .latte file you can use '_', '_t'.

I tried to replicate your issue, here are the steps (tried on 3.015 and 3.017 also):

1. Added "<p>{_'Text to translate'}</p>" into "home.latte" (one underscore). Text appearead in my home page fine, untranslated.

2. Added this to "_strings.php" - mind the double underscore here:

__('Text to translate')
3. In the admin language editor I added the corresponding translation. Prevously I have selected the file "_strings.php" to translate.
etalsnart ot txeT
After that, this translated text appeared on the page. Even for the default language when setting it another value in the Language Translator.

My further bugsolving thoughts are:

• are you sure the same string is in _strings.php and your .latte file?
  • try clearing Latte cache in module settings

Btw, just realized that _strings.php doesn't need starting php tag and comments but only listing the translations (without semicolon at the end).

• Like 1

Well, I installed a fresh copy of 3.0.17 and started all the steps again.

At the first moment, it didn't work, but after I changed the lines on _strings.php to 

• _x('Text to translate', 'General');

instead of __('Text to translate'), the translations appeared! 

But I tried that on my current project and it didn't work, so I'm trying to figured it out here. I'll keep you posted.

EDIT: It worked on my project as well! I was forgetting to set the context on one string. So everything is good now!

• Like 2

Glad you figured it out! It's interesting why it doesn't work without the context for you. Are you sure you haven't messed up the underscores? There is one in latte files, and two in _strings.php. But I guess you checked that enough times :)

Getting string translation to work is a bit tedious at first, but once you get the hang of it it's easy. Using plurals adds another layer of complexity, even if I tried hard to make it as simple as I can :)

• Like 1

I checked the underscores multiple times, I really don't know what happened. 

I didn't try using plural yet, I'll let you know if I bump on any problem. :) 

Many thanks!

You were right, "General" context was used even when it shouldn't. Currently I have no idea how to fix this but will try to come up with something. Since the translator gets only the string to translate, there is nothing to check that it was called "_()" or "_t()", not even calling debug_backtrace.

I got it working, but the "General" context will be gone. I think it's even better this way. Will upload a new version soon, after testing the different variations a bit.

• Like 3

v015 is uploaded to GitHub.

Syntax for string translation in .latte files is changed to "{_'text, context, textdomain'}". In textdomain use "__()" if you need no context, and "_x()" if you do.

• Like 2

v015 is uploaded to GitHub.

Syntax for string translation in .latte files is changed to "{_'text, context, textdomain'}". In textdomain use "__()" if you need no context, and "_x()" if you do.

So, in my case, as I'm already using _x(), nothing do do, right? :)

Right. Previously the readme contained a wrong syntax for latte files "_('text')", but it shouldn't need the brackets. So if your syntax is also right it would work fine. Clearing latte cache is recommended though. But you should see at once whether it works or not :)

• Like 2

Just upgraded it here, everything seems fine! 

Thank you!

• Like 1

A small contribution to the project readme:

For Sublime Text 3 (should work on 2 too):

• Install Nette + Latte + Neon package
  • Install Smarty package
  • Set latte extension to open as smarty so you can keep the HTML code autcomplete working

Bonus: install HTML-CSS-JS Prettify package and on its preferences add latte and smarty on allowed file extensions:

"html": {
    "allowed_file_extensions": ["htm", "html", "xhtml", "shtml", "xml", "svg", "latte", "smarty"],

I submitted a pull request editing the readme to add this warning:

HTML Prettify may break lines on strings translations that have more than one word, for instance:
{_'A technical book', 'Books'}

May result in
{_'A 
technical 
book', 'Books'}

so it won't appear translated any more. You'll have to remove the line breaks manually (for now). I'll see if changing something on the package preference does the trick.

Edited by Sérgio

Great, thanks! Just updated the readme.

I'm thinking about adding Emogrifier to the module. I have only one usecase for inlining CSS (newsletters) but I think it won't hurt having a "$view->setInlineCSS('path') or similar helper at disposal.

• Like 1

Great, thanks! Just updated the readme.

I'm thinking about adding Emogrifier to the module. I have only one usecase for inlining CSS (newsletters) but I think it won't hurt having a "$view->setInlineCSS('path') or similar helper at disposal.

I think Emogrifier can be handy but should it be part of the module? Why not a different module, so it can work without latte too?

• Like 1

This is my dilemma too. Emogrifier is easy to setup so I'm not sure if it deserves an own module. Of course I'm open to other ideas.

Just for the info: latest Nette/Latte plugin for PhpStorm works fine - syntax highlight, autocomplete and such thing works like charm. I will update the module readme later.

• Like 1

v016 was uploaded today to GitHub:

• enable setting template latte file with/without extension ($view->viewFile = 'basic-page' and $view->viewFile = 'basic-page.latte')

• $view->json_encode returns JSON encoded string/markup. Possible values are true and PHP's json_encode options (eg. JSON_PRETTY_PRINT).

• if "viewFile" begins with "//", $config->paths->templates and viewDir is not prepended to the view path

These updates make it easier to get Ajax results, and allow placing latte files outside templates/views directory. The latter was also possible earlier using relative paths ("../"), but now it's more flexible. Getting json output was only possible using wireRenderFile() and applying json_encode() manually, which was less convenient.

• Like 5

v018 is uploaded with the latest Latte version (2.4.0). There's an official way to set the default layout file so previous workarounds were removed.

• Like 2

Here is an example for an undocumented feature: adding macros.

Put this in 'site/ready.php' (or where you set global parameters for Latte, eg. _init.php or maybe _main.php):

$view->_addMacro['custom iff'] = array(
    'iff',	// macro name
    'if (isset(%node.word) && %node.word) { $x = %node.word;', // PHP code replacing the opening brace
    '}' // // code replacing the closing brace
);

This will add an "iff" macro which eliminates the need of duplicating "$page->title" in the example below:

<h1 n:if="$page->title">{$page->title}</h1>

So instead of writing the above you can use $x:

<h1 n:iff="$page->title">{$x}</h1>

The "iff" macro also uses "isset()" so no worries if you throw in a property that doesn't exists, it won't generate an error.

Using "$x" is arbitrary, you can set any variable name if you wish.

Of course, you can use the alternative syntax too:

{iff $page->title}
<h1>{$x}</h1>
{/iff}

See more in the official docs here on creating macros.

• Like 2

Glad to hear that. Twig felt me a step back after Latte but I haven't really try it in detail.

• Like 1

Hi,

Has anyone succeeded running Hanna Code with Latte template. I'm strugling getting them to work together. Is there  a setting to prevent latte to process Hanna Code tags ?

Thanks.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Robin S
      First a note about my other modules...
      I have three existing modules that are similar in that they allow restrictions to be placed on repeating inputfields: Limit Repeater, Limit PageTable, Limit Table
      Restrict Repeater Matrix takes a different approach to the module configuration from those other modules. The module settings for Restrict Repeater Matrix are applied in the field settings rather in a module config screen. I think this new approach is better, but it means that it isn't practical to create different settings for different roles via the admin interface. Instead the module has a hookable method, allowing roles to be targeted and other advanced usages to be achieved via a hook. The result is that the module is more flexible.
      I intend to transition my other modules to the same approach over the coming weeks, but because this will result in breaking changes I will be releasing the updated modules under new names ("Restrict Repeater", etc) to avoid users upgrading via the Upgrades module without full awareness of the changes. The old modules will be marked as deprecated.
      Restrict Repeater Matrix
      A module for ProcessWire CMS/CMF. Allows restrictions and limits to be placed on Repeater Matrix fields. Requires ProcessWire >= v3.0.0 and FieldtypeRepeaterMatrix >= v0.0.5.
      For any matrix type in a Repeater Matrix field you have the option to:
      Disable settings for items (cannot change matrix type) Prevent drag-sorting of items Prevent cloning of items Prevent toggling of the published state of items Prevent trashing of items Limit the number of items that may be added to the inputfield. When the limit is reached the "Add new" button for the matrix type will be removed and the matrix type will not be available for selection in the "Type" dropdown of other matrix items. Please note that restrictions and limits are applied with CSS/JS so should not be considered tamper-proof.
      Usage
      Install the Restrict Repeater Matrix module.
      For each matrix type created in the Repeater Matrix field settings, a "Restrictions" fieldset is added at the bottom of the matrix type settings:

For newly added matrix types, the settings must be saved first in order for the Restrictions fieldset to appear. Set restrictions for each matrix type as needed. A limit of zero means that no items of that matrix type may be added to the inputfield.
      Setting restrictions via a hook
      Besides setting restrictions in the field settings, you can also apply or modify restrictions by hookingRestrictRepeaterMatrix::checkRestrictions. This allows for more focused restrictions, for example, applying restrictions depending on the template of the page being edited or depending on the role of the user.
      The checkRestrictions() method receives the following arguments:
      $field This Repeater Matrix field $inputfield This Repeater Matrix inputfield $matrix_types An array of matrix types for this field. Each key is the matrix type name and the value is the matrix type integer. $page The page that is open in ProcessPageEdit The method returns a multi-dimensional array of matrix types and restrictions for each of those types. An example of a returned array:

Example hooks
      Prevent the matrix type "images_block" from being added to "my_matrix_field" in a page with the "basic-page" template:
      $wire->addHookAfter('RestrictRepeaterMatrix::checkRestrictions', function(HookEvent $event) { $field = $event->arguments('field'); $page = $event->arguments('page'); $type_restrictions = $event->return; if($field->name === 'my_matrix_field' && $page->template->name === 'basic-page') { $type_restrictions['images_block']['limit'] = 0; } $event->return = $type_restrictions; }); Prevent non-superusers from trashing any Repeater Matrix items in "my_matrix_field":
      $wire->addHookAfter('RestrictRepeaterMatrix::checkRestrictions', function(HookEvent $event) { $field = $event->arguments('field'); $type_restrictions = $event->return; if($field->name === 'my_matrix_field' && !$this->user->isSuperuser()) { foreach($type_restrictions as $key => $value) { $type_restrictions[$key]['notrash'] = true; } } $event->return = $type_restrictions; }); http://modules.processwire.com/modules/restrict-repeater-matrix/
      https://github.com/Toutouwai/RestrictRepeaterMatrix
    • By BitPoet
      Here's a little text formatter module that redirects all external links found in a textarea (e.g. for hit counting) to a given URL.
      TextformatterExternalRedirect
      GitHub repo
      As TextFormatters do, this module modifies the contents of the textarea (HTML) at rendering time. It prepends the given URL to the link address for external links (http and https), optionally makes sure that the link is opened in a new window and allows you to add css classes to such links.
      All options can be configured in the module's configuration settings.
      Usage:
      Download the zip archive and extract it to site/modules, the rename the top folder to TextformatterExternalRedirect Go to the backend and select "Modules" -> "Refresh", then click "Install" for "External Link Redirect" Click "Settings" and configure the module
      Go into the field configuration for the field(s) you want this formatter to apply to and add it from the dropdown
      Done, now any external links in the configured fields will have the configured settings applied Feel free to leave feedback and post and questions you have here.

• By teppo
      Hey folks!
      Took a couple of late nights, but managed to turn this old gist of mine into a proper module. The name is SearchEngine, and currently it provides support for indexing page contents (into a hidden textarea field created automatically), and also includes a helper feature ("Finder") for querying said contents. No fancy features like stemming here yet, but something along those lines might be added later if it seems useful (and if I find a decent implementation to integrate).
      Though the API and selector engine make it really easy to create site search pages, I pretty much always end up duplicating the same features from site to site. Also – since it takes a bit of extra time – it's tempting to skip over some accessibility related things, and leave features like text highlighting out. Overall I think it makes sense to bundle all that into a module, which can then be reused over and over again 🙂
      Note: markup generation is not yet built into the module, which is why the examples below use PageArray::render() method to produce a simple list of results. This will be added later on, as a part of the same module or a separate Markup module. There's also no fancy JS API or anything like that (yet).
      This is an early release, so be kind – I got the find feature working last night (or perhaps this morning), and some final tweaks and updates were made just an hour ago 😅
      GitHub repository: https://github.com/teppokoivula/SearchEngine Modules directory: https://modules.processwire.com/modules/search-engine/ Demo: https://wireframe-framework.com/search/ Usage
      Install SearchEngine module. Note: the module will automatically create an index field install time, so be sure to define a custom field (via site config) before installation if you don't want it to be called "search_index". You can change the field name later as well, but you'll have to update the "index_field" option in site config or module settings (in Admin) after renaming it.
      Add the site search index field to templates you want to make searchable. Use selectors to query values in site search index. Note: you can use any operator for your selectors, you will likely find the '=' and '%=' operators most useful here. You can read more about selector operators from ProcessWire's documentation.
      Options
      By default the module will create a search index field called 'search_index' and store values from Page fields title, headline, summary, and body to said index field when a page is saved. You can modify this behaviour (field name and/or indexed page fields) either via the Module config screen in the PocessWire Admin, or by defining $config->SearchEngine array in your site config file or other applicable location:
      $config->SearchEngine = [ 'index_field' => 'search_index', 'indexed_fields' => [ 'title', 'headline', 'summary', 'body', ], 'prefixes' => [ 'link' => 'link:', ], 'find_args' => [ 'limit' => 25, 'sort' => 'sort', 'operator' => '%=', 'query_param' => null, 'selector_extra' => '', ], ]; You can access the search index field just like any other ProcessWire field with selectors:
      if ($q = $sanitizer->selectorValue($input->get->q)) { $results = $pages->find('search_index%=' . $query_string . ', limit=25'); echo $results->render(); echo $results->renderPager(); } Alternatively you can delegate the find operation to the SearchEngine module as well:
      $query = $modules->get('SearchEngine')->find($input->get->q); echo $query->resultsString; // alias for $query->results->render() echo $query->pager; // alias for $query->results->renderPager() Requirements
      ProcessWire >= 3.0.112 PHP >= 7.1.0 Note: later versions of the module may require Composer, or alternatively some additional features may require installing via Composer. This is still under consideration – so far there's nothing here that would really depend on it, but advanced features like stemming most likely would.
      Installing
      It's the usual thing: download or clone the SearchEngine directory into your /site/modules/ directory and install via Admin. Alternatively you can install SearchEngine with Composer by executing composer require teppokoivula/search-engine in your site directory.
    • By teppo
      MarkupMenu is a markup module for generating menu trees. When provided a root page as a starting point, it generates a navigation tree (by default as a HTML "<ul>" element wrapped by a "<nav>" element) from that point onwards. If you've also provided it with current (active) page, the menu will be rendered accordingly, with current item highlighted and items rendered up to that item and its children (unless you disable the "collapsed" option, in which case the full page tree will be rendered instead).
      Modules directory: https://modules.processwire.com/modules/markup-menu/ GitHub repository: https://github.com/teppokoivula/MarkupMenu Usage
      As a markup module, MarkupMenu is intended for front-end use, but you can of course use it in a module as well. Typically you'll only need the render() method, which takes an array of options as its only argument:
      echo $modules->get('MarkupMenu')->render([ 'root_page' => $pages->get(1), 'current_page' => $page, ]); Note: if you omit root_page, site root page is used by default. If you omit current_page, the menu will be rendered, but current (active) page won't be highlighted etc.
      A slightly more complex example, based on what I'm using on one of my own sites to render a (single-level) top menu:
      echo $modules->get('MarkupMenu')->render([ 'current_page' => $page, 'templates' => [ 'nav' => '<nav class="{classes} menu--{menu_class_modifier}" aria-label="{aria_label}">%s</nav>', 'item_current' => '<a class="menu__item menu__item--current" href="{item.url}" tabindex="0" aria-label="Current page: {item.title}">{item.title}</a>', ], 'placeholders' => [ 'menu_class_modifier' => 'top', 'aria_label' => 'Main navigation', ], 'include' => [ 'root_page' => true, ], 'exclude' => [ 'level_greater_than' => 1, ], ]); Note: some things you see above may not be entirely sensible, such as the use of {menu_class_modifier} and {aria_label} placeholders. On the actual site the "nav" template is defined in site config, so I can define just these parts on a case-by-case basis while actual nav markup is maintained in one place.
      Please check out the README file for available render options. I'd very much prefer not to keep this list up to date in multiple places. Basically there are settings for defining "templates" for different parts of the menu (list, item, etc.), include array for defining rules for including in the menu and exclude array for the opposite effect, classes and placeholders arrays for overriding default classes and injecting custom placeholders, etc. 🙂
      MarkupMenu vs. MarkupSimpleNavigation
      TL;DR: this is another take on the same concept. There are many similarities, but also some differences – especially when it comes to the supported options and syntax. If you're currently using MarkupSimpleNavigation then there's probably no reason to switch over.
      I'd be surprised if someone didn't draw lines between this module and Soma's awesome MarkupSimpleNavigation. Simply put I've been using MSN (...) for years, and it's been great – but there are some issues with it, particularly in the markup generation area, and it also does some things in a way that doesn't quite work for me – the xtemplates thing being one of these. In some ways less about features, and more about style, I guess 🙂
      Anyhow, in MarkupMenu I've tried to correct those little hiccups, modernise the default markup, and allow for more flexibility with placeholder variables and additional / different options. MarkupMenu was built for ProcessWire 3.0.112+ and with PHP 7.1+ in mind, it's installable with Composer, and I have a few additional ideas (such as conditional placeholders) still on my todo list.
      One more small(ish) difference is that MarkupMenu supports overriding default options via $config->MarkupMenu. I find myself redefining the default markup for every site, which until now meant that each site had a wrapper function for MarkupSimpleNavigation (to avoid code / config repetition), and this way I've been able to leave that out 🙂
      Requirements
      ProcessWire >= 3.0.112 PHP >= 7.1.0 If you're working on an earlier version of ProcessWire or PHP, use MarkupSimpleNavigation instead.
    • By teppo
      Hey folks!
      I'm happy to finally introduce a project I've been working on for quite a while now: it's called Wireframe, and it is an output framework for ProcessWire.
      Note that I'm posting this in the module development area, maily because this project is still in rather early stage. I've built a couple of sites with it myself, and parts of the codebase have been powering some pretty big and complex sites for many years now, but this should still be considered a soft launch 🙂
      --
      Long story short, Wireframe is a module that provides the "backbone" for building sites (and apps) with ProcessWire using an MVC (or perhaps MVVM – one of those three or four letter abbreviations anyway) inspired methodology. You could say that it's an output strategy, but I prefer the term "output framework" since in my mind the word "strategy" means something less tangible. A way of doing things, rather than a tool that actually does things.
      Wireframe (the module) provides a basic implementation for some familiar MVC concepts, such as Controllers and a View layer – the latter of which consists of layouts, partials, and template-specific views. There's no "model" layer, since in this context ProcessWire is the model. As a module Wireframe is actually quite simple – not even nearly the biggest one I've built – but there's still quite a bit of stuff to "get", so I've put together a demo & documentation site for it at https://wireframe-framework.com/.
      In addition to the core module, I'm also working on a couple of site profiles based on it. My current idea is actually to keep the module very light-weight, and implement most of the "opinionated" stuff in site profiles and/or companion modules. For an example MarkupMenu (which I released a while ago) was developed as one of those "companion modules" when I needed a menu module to use on the site profiles.
      Currently there are two public site profiles based on Wireframe:
      site-wireframe-docs is the demo&docs site mentioned above, just with placeholder content replaced with placeholder content. It's not a particularly complex site, but I believe it's still a pretty nice way to dig into the Wireframe module. site-wireframe-boilerplate is a boilerplate (or starter) site profile based on the docs site. This is still very much a work in progress, but essentially I'm trying to build a flexible yet full-featured starter profile you can just grab and start building upon. There will be a proper build process for resources, it will include most of the basic features one tends to need from site to site, etc. --
      Requirements and getting started:
      Wireframe can be installed just like any ProcessWire module. Just clone or download it to your site/modules/ directory and install. It doesn't, though, do a whole lot of stuff on itself – please check out the documentation site for a step-by-step guide on setting up the directory structure, adding the "bootstrap file", etc. You may find it easier to install one of the site profiles mentioned above, but note that this process involves the use of Composer. In the case of the site profiles you can install ProcessWire as usual and download or clone the site profile directory into your setup, but after that you should run "composer install" to get all the dependencies – including the Wireframe module – in place. Hard requirements for Wireframe are ProcessWire 3.0.112 and PHP 7.1+. The codebase is authored with current PHP versions in mind, and while running it on 7.0 may be possible, anything below that definitely won't work. A feature I added just today to the Wireframe module is that in case ProcessWire has write access to your site/templates/ directory, you can use the module settings screen to create the expected directories automatically. Currently that's all, and the module won't – for an example – create Controllers or layouts for you, so you should check out the site profiles for examples on these. (I'm probably going to include some additional helper features in the near future.)
      --
      This project is loosely based on an earlier project called pw-mvc, i.e. the main concepts (such as Controllers and the View layer) are very similar. That being said, Wireframe is a major upgrade in terms of both functionality and architecture: namespaces and autoloader support are now baked in, the codebase requires PHP 7, Controllers are classes extending \Wireframe\Controller (instead of regular "flat" PHP files), implementation based on a module instead of a collection of drop-in files, etc.
      While Wireframe is indeed still in a relatively early stage (0.3.0 was launched today, in case version numbers matter) for the most part I'm happy with the way it works, and likely won't change it too drastically anytime soon – so feel free to give it a try, and if you do, please let me know how it went. I will continue building upon this project, and I am also constantly working on various side projects, such as the site profiles and a few unannounced helper modules.
      I should probably add that while Wireframe is not hard to use, it is more geared towards those interested in "software development" type methodology. With future updates to the module, the site profiles, and the docs I hope to lower the learning curve, but certain level of "developer focus" will remain. Although of course the optimal outcome would be if I could use this project to lure more folks towards that end of the spectrum... 🙂
      --
      Please let me know what you think – and thanks in advance!