apeisa

Multisite

Will brush up my github forking skills.

Thank you Arjen, it works perfectly. I guess your PHP skills are a bit more advanced than mine ;)

You're welcome. Please keep in mind that this works for me on my local server, but the code may need some working on for use on production sites.

I noticed the first problems with Form Builder today. Apeisa wrote this module would work with Form Builder if you create one /form-builder/ page under each of my subsites.

However, if I embed a form, ProcessWire always points the IFrame to the first existing /form-builder/ page in the tree.

So if I have the following sites and embed a form on the second contact page, Form Builder tries to load

events.riez.pw/openair.riez.pw/form-builder/contact/

Does anyone have an approach how to fix this behavior  :( ?

riez.pw
-- openair.riez.pw
---- Form Builder
---- Contact
-- events.riez.pw
---- Form Builder
---- Contact

• Maybe not compatible with all the modules. Ie. form builder works, but you need to create new /form-builder/ page under each of your subsites.

Sorry if this post belongs to the FormBuilder forum, but I do not have access to it, yet.

Nope, sorry ezeey. I also want to use FormBuilder on the subsites, so I'm going to check this out. Finally got a chance to test my alteration and it didn't seem to break anything on the live site.

ezeey, I don't understand how it works for you. Any live example I can go take a look? I am using form builder with multisite and it is working fine. I have copied the form-builder page under each subsite but also under the main site.

ezeey, I don't understand how it works for you. Any live example I can go take a look? I am using form builder with multisite and it is working fine. I have copied the form-builder page under each subsite but also under the main site.

Hi apeisa,

I just uploaded the current version page I am working on to my server. I configured FormBuilder exactly as you describe: One FormBuilder page under the root, and one more under each subsite. Strangely it seems to work for one of the subsites but not for the others.

Would you take a look at it? What data do you need from me?

Thank you again for your help!

I think urls and admin login would be enough at this point. I am happy to take a look.

• Like 1

Just tested this on a site and it seems to works here fine. I'm running PW 2.3.0 with FormBuilder 0.2.1. 

I just noticed I only answered apeisa in a personale message: I still don't know where the problem came from but after reinstalling FormBuilder everything works fine for me as well :). Thanks for notifying though!

I tried this great module a few minutes ago - with ProCache disabled, it works as expected. With ProCache enabled, it doesn't: given one main domain and one  "campaign" domain, the browser displays the start page of the domain which was called first. I think it has to do with the .htaccess rules ProCache depends on.

ProCache doesn't yet support multi-domain/multi-site, but this is definitely on the roadmap. 

• Like 2

Just wanted to chime in and mention what I've done.

I've been working on a new version of this module to support language page names. (mainly speaking only if LanguageSupportPageNames is installed)

- support Multilanguage 
- support for correct view Actions from admin
- correct urls within admin
- modified locaUrl() to work correctly, coming from LanguageSupportNames module

I hope you guys don't mind. 

I forked the project and comited current version. As you can see there's not much left from the original, but the basic concept is the same. This work was supported and sponsored partly by http://dreikon.de/ with whom I've been doing some PW support work lately. 

Since it's already some time ago since I made it (meanwhile tons of other work in my head) I just tested again locally with and without LanguageSupportPageNames installed and corrected a little issue.

I'd very appreciate if you guys help test this version. And any help or suggestions are welcome. It may not the best code ever written, especially since it's kinda complex I'd be very happy if more eyes take a look.

Ideally it would replace the current multisite module and be backward compatible.

Thanks

You can grab the module here:
  • Like 4

Nice work Soma. I haven't yet tested, but have looked through the code and it seems solid to me. I don't yet have any instances where I'm using multi-site in production, but need to start doing so–very useful. Even more so extended like this. 

Hi there,

I'm trying this Multisite module in combination with multilanguage page names, but seem to be facing a bug. I'll add some screenshots which will hopefully clarify things.

Little background on my installation:

• PW version 2.3.7
  • Language support page names  0.0.8
  • Soma's multisite module version 0.0.2, with the configuration below:
www.msite.nl.frits
www.msite.de.frits

These domainnames are only active on my local development environment, so don't bother trying to browse them yourself :)

My pagetree is as follows:

multisite_pagetree.JPG

The contents tab of this page:

multisite_pageedit.JPG

And the settings tab:

multisite_pageedit_settings.JPG

Now when I browse to http://www.msite.nl.frits I get the default content of this page, as expected.

However: when I navigate to the German domain http://www.msite.de.frits, I'm suddenly redirected to this URL:

multisite_browser.JPG

It seems like the the module only looks at the main page title, instead of the page names configured under the settings tab. I've looked at the code but am not quite sure how to fix this. It looks like the redirect is not issued in the Multisite module, but somewhere outside.

Any help or insights would be much appreciated!

Had a short talk with Soma on IRC.

To summarize and be complete: I thought of using the module to have 2 websites, each multilingual with their own domain for each language. I figured I could use the multilingual aliasses of each website to alternate the languages. Unfortunately it does not work that way.

I assumed this could look something like

• www.firstwebsite.nl (pagename)
  1. www.firstwebsite.nl (alias)
  2. www.firstwebsite.de (alias)
  3. www.firstwebsite.en (alias)
  • www.secondwebsite.nl (pagename)
  1. www.secondwebsite.nl (alias)
  2. www.secondwebsite.de (alias)
  3. www.secondwebsite.en (alias)

Soma suggested to just use www.firstwebsite.nl/nl www.firstwebsite.nl/de www.firstwebsite.nl/en and the same for the other website.

I'll see if I can tweak the module to support my needs. If not then I will probably resort to fiddling with .htaccess. Unless someone has a bright idea on how to solve this ;-)

I don't know on the multi-site module side (haven't yet used it). But in your case I'm not sure you necessarily need or want the LanguageSupportPageNames module. All you need to do is detect the language from the hostname in your head.inc or $config->prependTemplateFile. The fact that the hostnames select the language makes everything simpler. 

if($config->httpHost == 'www.website.nl') {
  $user->language = $languages->get('nl'); 
} if($config->httpHost == 'www.website.de') {
  $user->language = $languages->get('de'); 
} else {
  $user->language = $languages->get('en'); 
} 

I haven't seen this addressed, so sorry if I missed it, but is it possible to have a a combination of multisite option #1, and option #2? That is, can I have, say, 4 sites in one db and 3 in another, all running off one /wire folder?

It probably is possible. It's going to use whatever database is defined in your /site/config.php or /site-[n]/config.php file, so that's pretty much all there is in terms of defining what database is going to be used. 

Using Soma's version of multisite (which works great) I stumbled upon weird issue. Using form builder I cannot display the f2nd language form while the standard language works fine. Cannot present a link, but the issue comes from a wrong iframe URL.

The german version is fine:

<iframe frameborder="0" id="FormBuilderViewport" allowtransparency="true" style="width: 100%; height: 682px;" src="http://sub.domain.ch/form-builder/is_kontaktformular/" scrolling="no"></iframe>

while the english version shows up like this:

<iframe frameborder="0" id="FormBuilderViewport" allowtransparency="true" style="width: 100%; height: 700px;" src="http://sub.domain.chis_kontaktformular/"></iframe>

so apparantly "/form-builder/" is missing in the iframe URL. I don't think it is a form builder issue (since multilang forms work usually), rather a problem with URL generation of multisite. I think the problem is here :

public function embed($formName, array $vars = null) {

$out = "\n<!-- " . FormBuilderMain::RCD . " -->\n"; 

if($formName instanceof FormBuilderForm) {
			$form = $formName; 
			$formName = $formName->name;
		} else {
			$form = $this->load($formName); 
			if($form) $formName = $form->name; 
				else $formName = '';
		}

if($formName) {
			$page = $this->pages->get("template=" . FormBuilderMain::name); 
			$url = $page->httpUrl . $formName . '/' . $this->embedQuerystring($form, $vars); 
			$out .= str_replace('{url}', $url, FormBuilderMain::embedCode); 
		} else {
			$out .= $this->_('Form not found');
		}

return $out; 
	}

I am not sure what goes wrong here. Either the selector for finding the form builder template (which I duplicated in the subsite's tree) or the generation of the URL because of the multilang situation. 

Any ideas?

Is the form-builder page active in that language?

• Like 2

I went ahead and gave it a try... It looks like it's redirecting to the new root page correctly, but the admin directory becomes inaccessible. 

I went ahead and gave it a try... It looks like it's redirecting to the new root page correctly, but the admin directory becomes inaccessible. 

No problems here with current stable release of PW. Do you use Soma's version? Works fine.